Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013613 times)

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7+ (new beta available 2015-12-09)
« Reply #600 on: December 10, 2015, 09:25:45 AM »

Found something really problematic with the mod last night, after playing with nexerelin for at least 3-4 days I had a problem with market stability being way too low and it was really getting on my nerves, yesterday i finaly gave up trying to stabilise the market in 3 different saves with the same issue by giving them supplies but at last, it didn't work. First I thought it was starsector + but then realised that it wasn't, its nexerelin causing it. Found another problem as well which sucks and its the fact that the blackrock systems with corvus mod enabled don't spawn... So please, can you fix both issues because playing withought nexerelin and starsector + is really boring since you don't have a porpuse... also, would it be possible to remove this bloody commission where you have to be hostile to other factions!?! Its so annoying because no matter how hard you try to respect the rules its just really stupid the way it works because they wouldn't be able to see your actions anyway...

Please fix the market issue first, its really REALLY ruining the mod lmao, I mean, can't even find decent ships or weapons and the npc fleets are tiny because of it.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 10, 2015, 09:44:21 AM »

Do you have the newest version (0.7d)? It's supposed to address some of the economy problems.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 10, 2015, 10:23:05 AM »

Pretty sure BRDY doesn't support Corvus mode yet, which needs Cycerin to add it in, not Histidine.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 10, 2015, 12:47:09 PM »

Found something really problematic with the mod last night, after playing with nexerelin for at least 3-4 days I had a problem with market stability being way too low and it was really getting on my nerves, yesterday i finaly gave up trying to stabilise the market in 3 different saves with the same issue by giving them supplies but at last, it didn't work. First I thought it was starsector + but then realised that it wasn't, its nexerelin causing it. Found another problem as well which sucks and its the fact that the blackrock systems with corvus mod enabled don't spawn... So please, can you fix both issues because playing withought nexerelin and starsector + is really boring since you don't have a porpuse... also, would it be possible to remove this bloody commission where you have to be hostile to other factions!?! Its so annoying because no matter how hard you try to respect the rules its just really stupid the way it works because they wouldn't be able to see your actions anyway...

Please fix the market issue first, its really REALLY ruining the mod lmao, I mean, can't even find decent ships or weapons and the npc fleets are tiny because of it.

I have nothing to do with nexerelin, but I want more details on your issue, what you were seeing wrong? You only said instability, but that does not explain much to me...

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 10, 2015, 12:51:28 PM »

Blackrock, Flu-X and Junkpirates do not support Corvus mode.. yet. As for the unstable market, I feel even in vanilla 1 of the markets I have been trying to raise the stability just hates me. Although I keep seeing smuggling events and instability events happening to it. Darn it. Why the independent have only one military market!
Ignorance is bliss..

Edigos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 10, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »

Even after latest update, the only thing I can see in every system, is templar fleets chasing everything got into their sight.
Those mad dogs are literally everywhere.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 10, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »

Okay found the problem! it seems like nexerelin litterally makes the market condition freeze, no matter how much stuff happens to it it doesn't get affected or doesn't gain any stability from sales altho it does get affected by smuglers... anyway, found the problem because I started a game withougt nexerelin and then enabled it and since then the market hasn't changed anywhere for the past 5 hours... which does confirm the fact it just blocks or it might be because I enabled it in a save withougt it enabled but thats actualy unlikely... anyway, hope this clears the situation :P

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 10, 2015, 06:36:29 PM »

Do you have the newest version (0.7d)? It's supposed to address some of the economy problems.

which version 0.7d... we have 0.7.1a lol

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 10, 2015, 08:45:54 PM »

oooh nvm there was a new update :P thanks for mentioning! :D

fgdfgfthgr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 11, 2015, 12:01:55 AM »

There a one things I want to suggest you......

The Wolf(F) is better than Siege when we choose the Fleaden, Siege is so strong and cargo is so small.

And now the Fleaden have Anti_Fleaden factions, Can you make the Anti_Fleaden faction become a chooseable faction?

:)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #610 on: December 11, 2015, 03:01:13 AM »

Even after latest update, the only thing I can see in every system, is templar fleets chasing everything got into their sight.
Those mad dogs are literally everywhere.
Yeah, looks like I'll have to override the patrol spawning scripts. Guess that's one thing I'll be working on this weekend to the next...
(In the meantime, you can set "spawnPatrols":false in the Templar faction config, but this will probably stop working the moment the Templars capture a market)

Is this bug already on it's way to being fixed?

Spoiler
699672 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:250)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:168)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:152)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:372)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:466)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:601)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:634)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

It happens everytime it hits July during my playthrough.

EDIT 01# It happened again...

Spoiler
8171363 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:250)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:168)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:152)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:372)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:466)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:601)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:634)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
I can't imagine anything in Nexerelin or any compatible faction mods that would do this. What mods are you using? (For that matter, the log line right before should say which faction is sending a fleet from where to where.)

Found something really problematic with the mod last night, after playing with nexerelin for at least 3-4 days I had a problem with market stability being way too low and it was really getting on my nerves, yesterday i finaly gave up trying to stabilise the market in 3 different saves with the same issue by giving them supplies but at last, it didn't work. First I thought it was starsector + but then realised that it wasn't, its nexerelin causing it/

[...]

Where are you looking? I didn't test during the interval where the dissident bug was a thing, but outside of that I don't think I've ever seen a faction HQ or a system capital below stability 5 (or very maybe 4).  Pretty hard to drop lower, considering they get at least +4 stability from mandatory market conditions alone and are all sizes 6-7. Meanwhile, Prism Freeport is basically never below 10.

also, would it be possible to remove this bloody commission where you have to be hostile to other factions!?! Its so annoying because no matter how hard you try to respect the rules its just really stupid the way it works because they wouldn't be able to see your actions anyway...
If you're not a member of any faction, you don't have to take any commission.
If you're with a faction, you automatically become hostile to all their enemies anyway. This was always the case.

Okay found the problem! it seems like nexerelin litterally makes the market condition freeze, no matter how much stuff happens to it it doesn't get affected or doesn't gain any stability from sales altho it does get affected by smuglers...
Nexerelin doesn't "freeze" market conditions or stability; the notion of "freezing" a market condition is basically meaningless anyway, and I have no idea how to clamp a market's stability (without resorting to certain market condition hacks, at any rate) even if I wanted to.
Nor does it touch how selling/buying stuff alters market stability. I assume it can be done in vanilla in principle, but that depends on factors like the commodities involved and the size of the transactions and the market involved.

I'm not sure you actually know enough to diagnose any particular problem here.

There a one things I want to suggest you......

The Wolf(F) is better than Siege when we choose the Fleaden, Siege is so strong and cargo is so small.

And now the Fleaden have Anti_Fleaden factions, Can you make the Anti_Fleaden faction become a chooseable faction?

:)
Will take a look later.

EDIT: Actually under the circumstances, it'll probably be better if I just remove the Fleaden mod handling from my end and you can implement the stuff in your own mod (look at the .csvs for how to do it).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:51:50 AM by Histidine »

Edigos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 11, 2015, 04:22:25 AM »

In fact I think this templar overflow crisis is somehow quite challenging, maybe you could make this a start option that this sector is facing a templar full invasion, and all factions stand together again them.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 11, 2015, 10:21:36 AM »

I found out who it was, turns out it was Tri-Tachyon sending those invasion fleets from Hoth to Tywin and crashing my game.

Spoiler
582297 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager  - Spawning invasion fleet for Tri-Tachyon; source Hoth; target Tywin
[close]

I believe I had at least one empty star system (suprisingly I thought that invasions were possible on empty star systems due to me thinking they're uninhabited planets for the taking)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 11, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »

I have a question. Why your mod (and in extension Zaphide's that started it) is so awesome? I have to admit the game is nice by itself and it can take up a lot of gaming hours, but Nexerelin makes it so much more.. infinite. Sorry that for now all I have are words of joy XD I just started playing again modded, after at least trying the game once in vanilla and I am already happier. Lol. I hope soon I will experience some bugs too to be able to report them :p
Ignorance is bliss..

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 11, 2015, 02:15:06 PM »

I'm not sure you actually know enough to diagnose any particular problem here.

wowowow Shots fired here!

serioulsy tho, it is actualy a problem and I have NO IDEA EITHER what the *** is going on! I am able to understand enough, was just letting you know that stability of 4 is... very common actualy lol. Heck, found 3 stability 0 yesterday alone... But it does look like it doesn't do it all the time with the 0.7d. All I am saying here is, just because you are the creator of this code, the thing running it is stupid (computer) so its voluntary thus shouldn't be seen as a blatent ''I'm not sure you actually know enough to diagnose any particular problem
 here.'' because it is a rude way of saying it when all I am trying to do is actualy informing you of this weird issue. Anyway, lets make this peaceful (might be my aspergers perceive all this as rude, hard to tell when you can only read -_- ) so anyway thanks for the mod :)   Will keep playing it and will report on my situation to see if market does change.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 396