Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3049204 times)

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5 "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-07-17)
« Reply #4845 on: September 03, 2022, 12:45:40 AM »

I want to get everyone's opinion on commissions - to me they have a lot of upsides with no downsides.

• You can steer your commissioned faction's reputations with others much faster than they can yours. Having less control over relations was the primary downside of commissions in vanilla - with Nex you arguably have more since you're controlling essentially 2 factions.
  • You can take over your commissioner's pirate planet to have very easy development and no tribute
  • You can dispose of planets to your commissioner rather than having to deal with tacbomb results and rebellions
  • If you do plan on getting governorship, you can do so after funding anti-rebellion forces on your commissioner's tab, and increase your own market demand.
  • If you plan on pulling an Andrada, the rep penalty is minimal

Xaygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: September 03, 2022, 12:58:07 AM »

I have procured a ship with my operative but I cannot find it anywhere on the planet he procured it.
Where are they stored?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4847 on: September 03, 2022, 02:15:08 AM »

I want to get everyone's opinion on commissions - to me they have a lot of upsides with no downsides.

• You can steer your commissioned faction's reputations with others much faster than they can yours. Having less control over relations was the primary downside of commissions in vanilla - with Nex you arguably have more since you're controlling essentially 2 factions.
  • You can take over your commissioner's pirate planet to have very easy development and no tribute
  • You can dispose of planets to your commissioner rather than having to deal with tacbomb results and rebellions
  • If you do plan on getting governorship, you can do so after funding anti-rebellion forces on your commissioner's tab, and increase your own market demand.
  • If you plan on pulling an Andrada, the rep penalty is minimal
I've been thinking about removing or replacing the relationship sync-with-commissioner thing, at least (though I don't yet have a good idea for what it should look like instead). It makes the commissioning faction's relations with others work a lot differently than NPC-NPC relations (e.g. after player fights enough battles, relations drop to -100, when the same thing doesn't happen without player involvement no matter how long the war goes on). Also adds a bunch of complications to the code.

Though in general, it makes sense that associating with an established power makes you stronger than going alone. It just shouldn't be so easy (as mentioned) to lead that established power around by the nose like a daft ox.

I have procured a ship with my operative but I cannot find it anywhere on the planet he procured it.
Where are they stored?
There's a dialog where you can pick a specific destination while the operative action is ongoing.
It defaults to the production gathering point (where your heavy industry and techmining output is set for delivery), or if that doesn't exist then the nearest market where you have storage access (and aren't hostile to the owner), then the same market the procurement took place.

If you're having trouble finding it, try the Command -> Colonies screen, that lists not only player colonies but also places where you're paying storage rent.

Xaygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: September 03, 2022, 02:27:30 AM »

Brilliant! Thank you!
I found it in the storage of my faction's starting planet.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4849 on: September 03, 2022, 03:25:33 AM »

<post I forgot to respond to until two days later, whoops>

Is there any way to edit the player.json file to add specific weapon/ship blueprints or packages from mods to the list of possible starting blueprints of an own faction? Apologies in advance if this has already been documented somewhere.
For each faction in the game, the picker automatically adds any blueprint package found in the faction config's startSpecialItems list (the files being the ones in data/config/exerelinFactionConfig. You can also add packages manually to the same table in player.json, just follow the formatting.

Turnus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: September 03, 2022, 09:14:16 AM »

sorry but is it save game compatible? edit: i mean the latest update.

wvmmhxkh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: September 03, 2022, 08:11:31 PM »

A suggestion: make it impossible to transfer market to a faction that you're hostile with.

Right now you can still invade a pirate base, scrap the buildings, give it back to pirates, wait 1 day for them to start building something, invade again, scrap building, repeat.

Plus it doesn't make much sense to be able to transfer to your enemies.

WiC2021

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: September 04, 2022, 01:52:10 PM »

<post I forgot to respond to until two days later, whoops>

Is there any way to edit the player.json file to add specific weapon/ship blueprints or packages from mods to the list of possible starting blueprints of an own faction? Apologies in advance if this has already been documented somewhere.
For each faction in the game, the picker automatically adds any blueprint package found in the faction config's startSpecialItems list (the files being the ones in data/config/exerelinFactionConfig. You can also add packages manually to the same table in player.json, just follow the formatting.

No worries, thanks for the reply!

I figured that that special items section in the player json file was where to put the starting bps, but is there a way to look up what individual ships' or weapons' blueprints are to add to this special item list?

Like for example, if I wanted to add the heavy needler blueprint, would I just add an entry in special items like this  ["heavyneedler_package", ""] ?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4853 on: September 05, 2022, 06:21:50 PM »

Non-package blueprints are handled with a specific item type for each blueprint type (ship, weapon, or fighter), with the item ID as the parameter. See data/campaign/special_items.csv in the Starsector core folder.

Examples:
"ship_bp", "paragon"
"weapon_bp", "heavyneedler"
"fighter_bp", "broadsword_wing"

IDs can be found in the files or using the console commands mod.

Note: I just tested it and adding the Heavy Needler blueprint to the start picker works, but the picker tooltip title is messed up. Presumably fighter wings are also affected.
Will fix for next version.

sorry but is it save game compatible? edit: i mean the latest update.
Nex updates are save-compatible with the immediately prior version of the mod (and often some versions back) unless I mention otherwise or there's a bug, yeah.

A suggestion: make it impossible to transfer market to a faction that you're hostile with.

Right now you can still invade a pirate base, scrap the buildings, give it back to pirates, wait 1 day for them to start building something, invade again, scrap building, repeat.

Plus it doesn't make much sense to be able to transfer to your enemies.
Hmm. For most factions it makes sense to only give markets back after a peace deal, but with pirates there's no diplomacy event so someone who wanted to give pirates markets would have to manually raise rep to inhospitable first.

Think I'll just make the rule be: no giving the market to hostile factions if the 'recently captured' modifier (the one that currently reduces rep gain for taking and then giving back a market) is in effect; that ought to cover all the issues. Thanks for the suggestion!

WiC2021

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: September 06, 2022, 05:03:30 PM »

Non-package blueprints are handled with a specific item type for each blueprint type (ship, weapon, or fighter), with the item ID as the parameter. See data/campaign/special_items.csv in the Starsector core folder.

Examples:
"ship_bp", "paragon"
"weapon_bp", "heavyneedler"
"fighter_bp", "broadsword_wing"

IDs can be found in the files or using the console commands mod.

Note: I just tested it and adding the Heavy Needler blueprint to the start picker works, but the picker tooltip title is messed up. Presumably fighter wings are also affected.
Will fix for next version.

Awesome thanks again for taking the time! I tried adding a bunch from both vanilla and some mods i run and it looks like there might be something else im doing wrong as only two out of probably 10 are showing in the picker, but ill try to experiment a bit more.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 06:14:41 PM by WiC2021 »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: September 07, 2022, 06:07:45 AM »

I have no suggestions, but I wish there was a less clunky way to repeatedly mine.

Also maybe the bar could empty, rather than fill, to emphasis it's a cooldown?

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: September 07, 2022, 01:18:44 PM »

I have no suggestions, but I wish there was a less clunky way to repeatedly mine.

Following up with a suggestion of my own:

Would it be possible to automatically open the inventory screen upon dismissing the Mining dialog (after actually mining, of course)?
This way, if a fleet's cargo capacity is exceeded due to picking up ores, the player can decide what ores/items to discard so as to not immediately incur a supply consumption penalty. (Even a scant few seconds between exiting the dialog and spamming spacebar to pause the campaign can result in some supply loss).

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: September 09, 2022, 12:15:22 AM »

Can I ask some modding related questions? I had one mod which have "technical" faction which should not appear except one system, but Random Sector generates planets for them, and its works kinda wacky since they have no patrols, no diplomacy and such, and I want to remove that, also this faction not appear in faction list so I cannot disable it. (Unofficial own made port of abandoned BB+ mod, except DME's Deserters its adds another technical Deserter faction for neutral station in on system)

And second one, my custom start gives player a colony planet from start in Random Sector, which wasn't intended, maybe I missed something. Here its code:

Spoiler
public class CswpBBBetrayerStart extends CustomStart {
    protected List<String> ships = new ArrayList<>(Arrays.asList("istl_stormkestrel_proto_test", "istl_desertersupply_sm_std", "dram_Light"));

public void execute(InteractionDialogAPI dialog, Map<String, MemoryAPI> memoryMap) {
        PlayerFactionStore.setPlayerFactionIdNGC("the_deserter");
        CharacterCreationData data = (CharacterCreationData) ((MemoryAPI) memoryMap.get("local")).get("$characterData");
        NGCAddStartingShipsByFleetType.generateFleetFromVariantIds(dialog, data, null, this.ships);
        NGCAddStartingShipsByFleetType.addStartingDModScript(memoryMap.get("local"));

data.getStartingCargo().addSpecial(new SpecialItemData("cswp_blade_breakers_ships_package", null), 1.0F);
        data.getStartingCargo().addSpecial(new SpecialItemData("cswp_blade_breakers_weapons_package", null), 1.0F);

data.getStartingCargo().addHullmods("istl_bbassault", 1);
        data.getStartingCargo().addHullmods("istl_bbdefense", 1);
        data.getStartingCargo().addHullmods("istl_bbsupport", 1);

FireBest.fire(null, dialog, memoryMap, "ExerelinNGCStep4");
    }
}
[close]

Slomes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: September 09, 2022, 04:36:04 AM »

Is it normal for special task forces to be SUPER expensive to run?
I was trying to have a small one as a system defense while i build my industry and explore, since my feeble Patrol HQ cant keep up with the enemies.
However the task group drained about 90k last month, 74037$ of those with supply costs.
It's just like 3 destroyers, and a couple frigates (all destroyers, and some of the ships even have efficiency overhaul hullmod).
At base 100$/Supply thats 740,37 supplies/month, or 24,679/day.
My main fleet uses about 5.7/day and is bigger and stronger by a lot. Whats going on there?
This taskforce is ruining my wallet and im a long way from home :,)
Love the feature tho otherwise

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4859 on: September 09, 2022, 06:12:54 AM »

Following up with a suggestion of my own:

Would it be possible to automatically open the inventory screen upon dismissing the Mining dialog (after actually mining, of course)?
This way, if a fleet's cargo capacity is exceeded due to picking up ores, the player can decide what ores/items to discard so as to not immediately incur a supply consumption penalty. (Even a scant few seconds between exiting the dialog and spamming spacebar to pause the campaign can result in some supply loss).
Hmm. I don't think the bar needs changing as the player should be able to figure out what it means very quickly. But I could add an option on dialog close (which becomes enforced if over capacity, in which case there will also be a warning message) to open the cargo screen.

Can I ask some modding related questions? I had one mod which have "technical" faction which should not appear except one system, but Random Sector generates planets for them, and its works kinda wacky since they have no patrols, no diplomacy and such, and I want to remove that, also this faction not appear in faction list so I cannot disable it. (Unofficial own made port of abandoned BB+ mod, except DME's Deserters its adds another technical Deserter faction for neutral station in on system)

And second one, my custom start gives player a colony planet from start in Random Sector, which wasn't intended, maybe I missed something. Here its code:

Spoiler
public class CswpBBBetrayerStart extends CustomStart {
    protected List<String> ships = new ArrayList<>(Arrays.asList("istl_stormkestrel_proto_test", "istl_desertersupply_sm_std", "dram_Light"));

public void execute(InteractionDialogAPI dialog, Map<String, MemoryAPI> memoryMap) {
        PlayerFactionStore.setPlayerFactionIdNGC("the_deserter");
        CharacterCreationData data = (CharacterCreationData) ((MemoryAPI) memoryMap.get("local")).get("$characterData");
        NGCAddStartingShipsByFleetType.generateFleetFromVariantIds(dialog, data, null, this.ships);
        NGCAddStartingShipsByFleetType.addStartingDModScript(memoryMap.get("local"));

data.getStartingCargo().addSpecial(new SpecialItemData("cswp_blade_breakers_ships_package", null), 1.0F);
        data.getStartingCargo().addSpecial(new SpecialItemData("cswp_blade_breakers_weapons_package", null), 1.0F);

data.getStartingCargo().addHullmods("istl_bbassault", 1);
        data.getStartingCargo().addHullmods("istl_bbdefense", 1);
        data.getStartingCargo().addHullmods("istl_bbsupport", 1);

FireBest.fire(null, dialog, memoryMap, "ExerelinNGCStep4");
    }
}
[close]
Did you set up a Nex faction config file for your faction? (data/config/exerelinFactionConfig)
If I'm rereading the code right, a faction set to non-playable in its Nex config won't have planets or stations in random sector, and won't appear in the new game faction toggle.*
For the second issue of having a colony at start when starting as that faction, make sure freeStart is set to true in the faction config.

All this is in the existing DME Deserter start which I just tested again, so it ought to work. If you're still having problems, send me the mod and I can see what's wrong. Might be a Nex bug I need to fix.

*next version I'll let playable factions also have no markets in random sector, by reading the freeStart setting
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 399