Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3042542 times)

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4725 on: July 01, 2022, 12:55:59 AM »

Just found out Nexerelin has 3 "EX" admin skills... what are these for?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4726 on: July 01, 2022, 04:50:58 AM »

Hello. Where edit commander(Special  Forces) skills max points? Thx.
Sry for bad transliteration.
Hardcoded, sorry!

Spoiler
[close]

Not entirely sure what happened to trigger this, there is a remnant raid about to attack one of my systems but I've already told the task group to ignore it (by just orbiting a different planet). Was just flying around in hyperspace when the message appeared. I made a quick copy of the log in case it's needed.
I think the task group is idling, likely because its existing order expired.
Next version I've fixed it so the fleet continues whatever it was doing before.

Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to implement a non-random way to choose your starting fleet? I imagine you would be given either a dollar or DP amount depending on the group selected (i.e. small combat, large combat, small trade, large trade etc.) then it would open up a trade window and you would make your selection from there. (ask because I'm banging my head against the wall trying to get the (M) version of the flotilla leader must've rolled like 500+)
Well the main issue is doing the GUI for it. A proper one would take a long time to get the framework I need in the first place; I could make a crude imitation using the cargo picker dialog if I didn't mind it being kinda bad.
If you really want a specific starting ship, might be easier to just specify it as past of a starting fleet preset in the faction's Nex config.

Just found out Nexerelin has 3 "EX" admin skills... what are these for?
They're assigned to named character admins in non-random sector (specifically Daud, Sun and Andrada).

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: July 01, 2022, 11:36:19 AM »

I want to make my custom start the player be sort of affiliated with explorarium.

1. How I make sure ships are DSS not ISS in name?
2. should I tag player faction as remnant or something? what I need to be aware off to pull this off?

My idea is player will be someone from post-collapse but before hegemony arrived, that flew slower than light toward a system that was cut-off from hyper, and this person was a explorarium employee (maybe even worked on Beholder station before Luddic Church stole it). So it would be cool to use explorarium flag and symbols and whatnot.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: July 01, 2022, 02:55:33 PM »

Anyone have Agents disappear? Is this a bug?

Context, I got an agent, immediately sent him to Magellan Homeworld and never saw him again. Not only that but I never came across another agent but that could
Just be luck?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4729 on: July 02, 2022, 06:56:51 PM »

Anyone have Agents disappear? Is this a bug?

Context, I got an agent, immediately sent him to Magellan Homeworld and never saw him again. Not only that but I never came across another agent but that could
Just be luck?
Huh. There should be no way normally to lose agents except by dismissing them, and I don't know which mod would even want to try removing them. Sorry I can't help :(

I want to make my custom start the player be sort of affiliated with explorarium.

1. How I make sure ships are DSS not ISS in name?
2. should I tag player faction as remnant or something? what I need to be aware off to pull this off?

My idea is player will be someone from post-collapse but before hegemony arrived, that flew slower than light toward a system that was cut-off from hyper, and this person was a explorarium employee (maybe even worked on Beholder station before Luddic Church stole it). So it would be cool to use explorarium flag and symbols and whatnot.
For 1), depends on the implementation.

If you're just making derelict a starting faction in its Nex faction config ("playableFaction":false and "startingFaction":true), add "spawnAsFactionId":"player", to the config file as well. This sends player back to the player faction on game start; DME's Blade Breaker Deserter start works like this.

For a 'true' custom start (like how the tutorial start is implemented), set PlayerFactionStore.setPlayerFactionIdNGC(Factions.DERELICT); at the start of the custom start script, then call Global.getSector().getMemoryWithoutUpdate().set("$nex_spawnAsFaction", Factions.PLAYER);
exerelin.campaign.customstart.TemplarApostate has an example.

To configure the player faction as a Explorarium lookalike, have a script (can be the custom start script) call the relevant FactionAPI methods on player faction:
Code: java
setDisplayNameOverride(String displayNameOverride);
setDisplayNameWithArticleOverride(String displayNameWithArticleOverride);
setDisplayIsOrAreOverride(String displayIsOrAreOverride);
setShipNamePrefixOverride(String shipNamePrefixOverride);
setPersonNamePrefixAOrAnOverride(String personNamePrefixAOrAnOverride);
setFactionLogoOverride(String factionLogoOverride);
setFactionCrestOverride(String factionCrestOverride);

Keep in mind that this stuff won't make your faction have fleets full of AI cores; I haven't really investigated how to do that myself but it looks like it requires some work with a GenerateFleetOfficersPlugin.

Marcus Brutus V

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: July 02, 2022, 09:59:31 PM »

Is there anything else you'd like to help? Do you want a savefile? I'm eager to do my small part because this a really frustrating issue.
If you have a save I can try debugging the issue, yeah.
Although if it's running a lot of mods that's troublesome to work with, especially if not all mods are up to date. If you could post a zip of your mod folder it'd help a lot with that issue.

You're right. I'll do this the "by the book way." I'll try reproducing it with only Nex and its dependencies. Thanks for the reply. If you don't see a response, then I couldn't reproduce it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4731 on: July 03, 2022, 04:21:17 AM »

Might be good to test with the Star Wars mod as well, if its factions were involved in the observed issue.

Jaime-wolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: July 04, 2022, 12:32:25 AM »

Is Nex responsible for the random rep loss from other factions because your friendly with their enemies? if so is there a way to turn it off? Because how is that fair when you spend time working on everyone's reps to be friendly with them all. Seems like its a complete waste of time to even try and makes the game more grindy.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 12:35:49 AM by Jaime-wolf »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: July 04, 2022, 02:14:45 AM »

Hello
i keep getting this error:
'2736442 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space'
Nothing special to note about my current gameplay except for the fact that i am playing on a randomly generated sector, the crash happens consistently after like 30 mins.
^^

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4734 on: July 04, 2022, 06:03:34 AM »

Is Nex responsible for the random rep loss from other factions because your friendly with their enemies? if so is there a way to turn it off?
Looks like it's from Ruthless Sector. You can turn it off in that mod's options .ini, if you're on the latest version.

Hello
i keep getting this error:
'2736442 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space'
Nothing special to note about my current gameplay except for the fact that i am playing on a randomly generated sector, the crash happens consistently after like 30 mins.
Do this in vmparams, or use Java 8 (or just run fewer mods).

Jaime-wolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: July 04, 2022, 07:32:57 AM »

Thank you so much! I feel bad now thinking it your your mod. again thanks a bunch!

Wholesomeburn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: July 05, 2022, 12:54:45 PM »

Is there a way to disable different factions from setting up new colonies and taking over different markets? I like the ability to do that, but as it stands lore-wise I like it when the sector is at a standstill and I don't need to worry about not being able to trade with Tri-tachyon or the Diktat because the hegemony wipes them off the map so early on, also I want to be able to colonize somewhere later in the game without worrying about the best planets/systems getting scooped up first. Im casual like that I suppose.

Leoricdiez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: July 07, 2022, 06:43:41 AM »

Why does the special task force created by the player suddenly get stuck at "patrolling system" ? All it did was go to the system to protect the planet from an invasion, and now it's stuck patrolling. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4738 on: July 07, 2022, 05:44:44 PM »

Is there a way to disable different factions from setting up new colonies and taking over different markets? I like the ability to do that, but as it stands lore-wise I like it when the sector is at a standstill and I don't need to worry about not being able to trade with Tri-tachyon or the Diktat because the hegemony wipes them off the map so early on, also I want to be able to colonize somewhere later in the game without worrying about the best planets/systems getting scooped up first. Im casual like that I suppose.
In exerelin_config.json, you can set the enableInvasions to false, and colonyExpeditionInterval to a large value like 999999.

Why does the special task force created by the player suddenly get stuck at "patrolling system" ? All it did was go to the system to protect the planet from an invasion, and now it's stuck patrolling. Does anybody know how to fix this?
Stuck as in when you change its order it automatically changes back, or it says it's doing the new order but continues to patrol?

If it's the former, that's a bug in non-independent special task group AI. It might fix itself when the fleet finds a more high-priority task, or you can give in and just make it independent; else the beta version I plan to release tomorrow will fix it.
If the latter, dunno. If you have a save that doesn't have too many mods (preferably <50) I could debug it.

Leoricdiez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: July 07, 2022, 09:11:45 PM »

In exerelin_config.json, you can set the enableInvasions to false, and colonyExpeditionInterval to a large value like 999999.

Stuck as in when you change its order it automatically changes back, or it says it's doing the new order but continues to patrol?

If it's the former, that's a bug in non-independent special task group AI. It might fix itself when the fleet finds a more high-priority task, or you can give in and just make it independent; else the beta version I plan to release tomorrow will fix it.
If the latter, dunno. If you have a save that doesn't have too many mods (preferably <50) I could debug it.

It's the former, so there's a chance they'll fix themselves eventually huh, thanks for the info. I was worried they'd be stuck in a single system since I burned a bunch of credits buying capital ships for them that would be wasted if they can't get out of a system and defend my other colonies.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 398