Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013518 times)

wvmmhxkh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4665 on: May 31, 2022, 09:40:48 AM »

You know, you could go real radical, since nexerlin claims to be a 4x rework.

Just go with realistic invasions.

What i mean by that is, you shouldn't be able to invade anything larger than size 5 with a player fleet.
Right now I am looking at my faction commands in game, and i can request an invasion fleet with 16k marines(though i haven't tried that yet)
So why not make markets only invadable with a gigantic faction fleet? Just give them exponential garrisons based on size. I don't know how many marines you'd realistically need to invade chicomoztoc, so this should be balanced accordingly - maybe you could give invasion a discount or multiplier for ground sources based on source market size. I'd imagine invasion of a size 7 should cost about half a mil ground forces-wise, since i saw factions offer 1 mil for a rival size 7 conquest.

Actually you might not even need ridiculous amount of marines for chico, since they probably have access to fighter level weaponry, which is sub-ship grade and would be extremely destructive, but you'd need some sort of large garrison force to actually take and hold the planet, and that force would depend in part on how large your planets are. Though i'd imagine you'd still need lots of marines.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 10:00:14 AM by wvmmhxkh »

wvmmhxkh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: May 31, 2022, 10:19:40 AM »

Also, Histidine, could you fix market transfer exploit?

Basically you can raid everything in a pirate market, invade it, scrap every building, give it back to pirates, and then either haul a ton of products there, or just immediately invade again.

There are two problems here - firstly market doesn't remember you raiding it after a transfer, so you can induce hypershortage in everything and sell every commodity with a 50 to 800 profit per unit. And it probably should, i would imagine after an invasion it should be absolutely furious with you.

Secondly faction can rebuild buildings forever for free, and you can scrap immediately after invading. Maybe destroy buildings that are being currently built in a market, after a successful invasion? Or add a timed malus that prevents construction for some time after an invasion?

Scrapping something that already exists there seems like a legit way of getting income to me - you're basically sacking the proverbial city, as many armies did during classical period.

Space_Reptile

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: May 31, 2022, 12:43:15 PM »

so i went and updated nex as my game was crashing repeatedly
and thankfully updating nex fixed it

but i noticed that invasions now have this wierd and micro hell mini game instead of the old, much nicer "take the bloddy thing" button
whats even worse, i dont even get loot or the descision to take whatever i invaded for myself anymore either

this sucks
id like to know if there is a way to get the old mechanic back

Afterschool

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3c "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-09-18)
« Reply #4668 on: May 31, 2022, 01:28:39 PM »

It seems like at the start of the game, most vanilla faction, aside from pirates and luddic path is at peace with one another, is this normal? Hegemony is at peace with Persean League, Tri, and Diktat. Also is there a way to change starting faction relations? I know faction config only applies to randon core world but I wish to edit starting relations for the normal game. Thanks for the mod!
Yeah vanilla Starsector (which Nex largely reuses) has no major factions set to hostile with each other at start. (I seem to recall it generating some initial faction hostility events between a few of the factions, but now I can't seem to find it in code?)

For editing start relations in non-random sector, you'll have to use a Java script in a mod.

(I should probably do that config setting I had planned, where it applies random sector relations from the config files to non-random sector)

Hi,may I ask is that config setting finished yet?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4669 on: June 01, 2022, 07:18:21 PM »

You know, you could go real radical, since nexerlin claims to be a 4x rework.

Just go with realistic invasions.

What i mean by that is, you shouldn't be able to invade anything larger than size 5 with a player fleet.
Hmm I don't have a pressing reason to make invasions harder than they already are. But I might well experiment with stuff here, especially if more people chime in to say that big planets are currently too easy to invade.

Also, Histidine, could you fix market transfer exploit?

Basically you can raid everything in a pirate market, invade it, scrap every building, give it back to pirates, and then either haul a ton of products there, or just immediately invade again.

There are two problems here - firstly market doesn't remember you raiding it after a transfer, so you can induce hypershortage in everything and sell every commodity with a 50 to 800 profit per unit. And it probably should, i would imagine after an invasion it should be absolutely furious with you.

Secondly faction can rebuild buildings forever for free, and you can scrap immediately after invading. Maybe destroy buildings that are being currently built in a market, after a successful invasion? Or add a timed malus that prevents construction for some time after an invasion?

Scrapping something that already exists there seems like a legit way of getting income to me - you're basically sacking the proverbial city, as many armies did during classical period.
Destroying unfinished buildings might work (the player could just wait for it to finish, but the delay would hopefully mitigate the exploit at least). Unfortunately I can't block construction easily AFAIK.

The market doesn't remember being raided because it forgets when the player conquers it (so player can access it). Though I might make it re-decide not to trade with player, if given to a hostile faction.

so i went and updated nex as my game was crashing repeatedly
and thankfully updating nex fixed it

but i noticed that invasions now have this wierd and micro hell mini game instead of the old, much nicer "take the bloddy thing" button
whats even worse, i dont even get loot or the descision to take whatever i invaded for myself anymore either

this sucks
id like to know if there is a way to get the old mechanic back
Loot and decision to take are both shown in the ground battle intel item.
If you really want the old way back, look for legacyInvasions in exerelin_config.json

It seems like at the start of the game, most vanilla faction, aside from pirates and luddic path is at peace with one another, is this normal? Hegemony is at peace with Persean League, Tri, and Diktat. Also is there a way to change starting faction relations? I know faction config only applies to randon core world but I wish to edit starting relations for the normal game. Thanks for the mod!
Yeah vanilla Starsector (which Nex largely reuses) has no major factions set to hostile with each other at start. (I seem to recall it generating some initial faction hostility events between a few of the factions, but now I can't seem to find it in code?)

For editing start relations in non-random sector, you'll have to use a Java script in a mod.

(I should probably do that config setting I had planned, where it applies random sector relations from the config files to non-random sector)

I never did do it. Might take a look for next version.

Zordiark Darkeater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: June 01, 2022, 07:30:13 PM »

i only meant to sell / donate cores TO Midnight Dissonant as an act of liberation of her kind.

I would like to second this request. Makes sense from a fluff stand point too given her initial quest for the player

It doesn't have to be a lot, maybe similar to how we gain rep pts when we turn over cores to planet npcs?

Okay i HAVE to ask what MOD you get those ships from the ones in your Signature ????? anyone knows ? damn people posting flashy ship models into their signatures without information or a name slowly kills me....

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: June 01, 2022, 07:34:05 PM »

Is the "Free port NPC offset" colony growth malus from Nex? If so, is there a way to disable it?
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Afterschool

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: June 02, 2022, 12:47:03 AM »

I never did do it. Might take a look for next version.
plz thank you

NaomiofPasloe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: June 02, 2022, 02:38:07 PM »

Hi there, I'm getting this error with a CTD in a mid-game save. I'm orbiting a water-world next to a cryosleeper in the far corner of the map and the game is consistently crashing 3/4 of the way through the day no matter what I do. Even more confusingly I have a previous save game in the late-game stage. The previous save is a whole 2 years further in and using the exact same modlist. Sorry for formatting (or the lack thereof) I'm bad with HTML text.

Code
[Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.ShipQuality.getShipQuality(ShipQuality.java:143)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getShipQuality(Misc.java:4122)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetParamsV3.updateQualityAndProducerFromSourceMarket(FleetParamsV3.java:177)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetParamsV3.init(FleetParamsV3.java:147)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetParamsV3.<init>(FleetParamsV3.java:108)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel.createFleetFromParams(SpecialForcesIntel.java:210)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel.generateFlagshipAndCommanderIfNeeded(SpecialForcesIntel.java:274)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel.init(SpecialForcesIntel.java:142)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesManager.generateFleet(SpecialForcesManager.java:161)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesManager.processPoints(SpecialForcesManager.java:117)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesManager.advance(SpecialForcesManager.java:55)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

My modlist

A New Level of Confidence - 40
Adjusted Sector v0.4.2
Apex Design Collective
Attuned Drive Field Hullmod
Autosave
Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector
BeyondTheSector
CaptainsLog
CaptureCrew
Caymon's Ship Pack
ClearCommands1.0.e
Commissioned Crews
Console Commands
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
Deluxe Player Flags
DIABLEAVIONICS
DroneLib
Dynamic Tariffs
EXPSP 0.55
ExtraSystemReloaded-master-v1.0.1
FastEngineRendering
FED
Gensoukyou
Girls Frontline Portrait Pack
Grand.Colonies1.0.d
GraphicsLib
GrytpypeMoriarty
Gundam UC
Hiigaran Descendants
Hiver Swarm 0.95
Immersion Friendly Portrait Pack_Vanilla
Industrial.Evolution3.0.e
Interstellar Federation Refurbished -unbalanced-
Interstellar Imperium
Iron Shell
JAA 0.3.0
Kadur Remnant
Kingdom of Terra
LazyLib
Leading Pip
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Lightshow
LockedAndLoaded
Logistics Notifications
Magellan Protectorate
MagicLib
Modified Industry Requirements - No Pollution
More HullMods
Nes's SAW
Nexerelin
ORA
Orks
Osiris Alliance
P9CG
Persean-Chronicles-2.0.3-rc2
PlanetaryShieldAccessControl
PlanetSearch
PracticeTargets
prv Starworks
Quality Captains
SanguinaryAutonomistDefectors
SCY
Seafood Shipworks
SEEKER_UC
Shadowyards
Ship and Weapon Pack
ShipDirectionMarker
Slightly Better Techmining
SpeedUp
SS-armaa-2.07
Star Wars 2020
StarsectorPolaris-master
Starship Legends
stelnet
Sunrider
Superweapons Arsenal
tahlan-scalartech
tahlan-shipworks
Terraforming and Station Construction
The Epta Technologists
Torchships
transpoffder
Underworld
UNSC
VIC
WhichMod
XhanEmpire
Yunru - Hullmods
YunruCore

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4674 on: June 02, 2022, 06:19:32 PM »

Is the "Free port NPC offset" colony growth malus from Nex? If so, is there a way to disable it?
It's hardcoded :(
(Although I don't think it's a good idea to disable it anyway, since NPC free ports supersize really fast without it)

Hi there, I'm getting this error with a CTD in a mid-game save. I'm orbiting a water-world next to a cryosleeper in the far corner of the map and the game is consistently crashing 3/4 of the way through the day no matter what I do. Even more confusingly I have a previous save game in the late-game stage. The previous save is a whole 2 years further in and using the exact same modlist. Sorry for formatting (or the lack thereof) I'm bad with HTML text.

Code
[Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.ShipQuality.getShipQuality(ShipQuality.java:143)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetParamsV3.updateQualityAndProducerFromSourceMarket(FleetParamsV3.java:177)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetParamsV3.init(FleetParamsV3.java:147)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetParamsV3.<init>(FleetParamsV3.java:108)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel.createFleetFromParams(SpecialForcesIntel.java:210)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel.generateFlagshipAndCommanderIfNeeded(SpecialForcesIntel.java:274)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel.init(SpecialForcesIntel.java:142)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesManager.generateFleet(SpecialForcesManager.java:161)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesManager.processPoints(SpecialForcesManager.java:117)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesManager.advance(SpecialForcesManager.java:55)
Hmm I've seen this before, although I don't remember if a fix was found.

Can you zip the save and upload it somewhere? I could try and figure out what's going wrong.
In the meantime, if you're in a hurry to continue playing you can try the backup saves (rename the .bak files in the save folder), although I suspect the same crash will happen at a similar point on the game calendar.

NaomiofPasloe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: June 02, 2022, 07:23:44 PM »

It's hardcoded :(
(Although I don't think it's a good idea to disable it anyway, since NPC free ports supersize really fast without it)

Code
Hmm I've seen this before, although I don't remember if a fix was found.

Can you zip the save and upload it somewhere? I could try and figure out what's going wrong.
In the meantime, if you're in a hurry to continue playing you can try the backup saves (rename the .bak files in the save folder), although I suspect the same crash will happen at a similar point on the game calendar.

I can either upload it with a google doc if youre comfortable with that or I can join your discord if I can get a link and post it there

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4676 on: June 02, 2022, 07:47:22 PM »

Google Drive is fine. If you want to message me on Discord, server link is here.

wvmmhxkh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: June 03, 2022, 09:21:45 AM »

Could you add a timed malus after conquest, that reduces available industry slots? Something like hypershunt wormhole item.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: June 03, 2022, 02:24:31 PM »

Hi Histidine!

I repeatedly praised your mod, because I believe it's great. However, today I found something that really ruined my experience. About 3 years into the game an alliance between the Diktat, the League, and TT formed which delivered instant conquest victory for them. That shouldn't happen. Please make victories through alliances harder, because it's nonsense.

I have a couple of ideas:
*Requirement for the strongest member of the alliance to control a higher share of planets by itself. For example, the strongest member of the alliance should be the strongest actor in the Sector on its own.
*The condition of victory should become harder with the size of the alliance. A three-member alliance shouldn't be viewed as dominant as an equally sized actor on its own. They have internal divisions and so on...
*Create a countdown of a few years after reaching the victory condition, so victory shouldn't be instantaneous. Give us a chance to reverse the situation. You can't expect us to prepare for how to prevent a few lucky dice rolls from defeating us instantaneously.
*The creation of large alliances should be extremely unlikely. If an alliance or actor is large on its own the members/the actor shouldn't feel the need to ally with someone else.

I honestly think that your mod is the best currently out there, and I really respect all the effort you put into it. But taking away hours of gameplay with a couple of dice rolls is really unfair and demotivating. I know I can cancel the victory anytime, but still, I believe a lot of us don't really want to use this as it feels like cheating.

Again it's a great mod, but this alliances thing is really concerning for me.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4679 on: June 04, 2022, 08:50:49 PM »

I'll make some modifications to the victory conditions (though a delayed victory will take some time to implement). That said, nothing stops you from continuing to play after the victory popup.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 396