Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3050931 times)

OneQuestion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4605 on: May 01, 2022, 08:35:37 AM »

So, how exactly do you add mining functionality to ships? Do you write their id and mining power in the nexelerin modsettings file?

I tried to edit a few values, and while they do work, i can no longer "List all mining stuff" since it just pops out a runtime exception and/or a nullpointer exception. Not a big issue but a bit finnicky to remember the new mining strengths i assigned.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 08:55:17 AM by OneQuestion »

Heukaryote975

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: May 01, 2022, 10:41:09 AM »

So I enjoy your mod very much, and it seems that i found an error, not very important when starting new game, it seems as when I chose in the options no Dmods, in the files of my save it's checked "true" anyway, and my vessel has dmods... maybe a bug ! :)

Thank you for your amazing work !

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4607 on: May 01, 2022, 07:10:05 PM »

@Meceka: Thank you for the commentary! I may post my responses to specific points if I don't end up being too tired.

Heyy how's it going

Newer player who added your mod last week, been playing with it since. Just got to the point where I have a system worth taking, and man, I gotta say, the default mod settings are not the level of difficulty I have in mind when playing Star Sector.

Is there any chance of getting in game difficulty settings before you start the game, or maybe a context menu in game where you can adjust the difficulty on the fly? Almost any game I've played in recent years has an adjustable difficulty slider, and you've actually removed the one that was built into StarSector itself. I would really appreciate it.

Even if you name the 50% invasion strength, 50% Enemy FP per level tier "For babies like Brandon" I'll be happy.

Love
Hello!

In addition to what Mudstone said, you can edit various difficulty options in the config files, mainly Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json. In particular, search for 'invasion' to find invasion-related settings which you can tweak to make invasions smaller or less frequent (keep in mind that this also affects NPC invasions, and if those are too small they'll never succeed).

So, how exactly do you add mining functionality to ships? Do you write their id and mining power in the nexelerin modsettings file?

I tried to edit a few values, and while they do work, i can no longer "List all mining stuff" since it just pops out a runtime exception and/or a nullpointer exception. Not a big issue but a bit finnicky to remember the new mining strengths i assigned.
If the dialog is throwing exceptions it means something's broken in the config. Check the error in starsector.log as soon as it happens and post it here, I may be able to figure out what's going wrong where.

So I enjoy your mod very much, and it seems that i found an error, not very important when starting new game, it seems as when I chose in the options no Dmods, in the files of my save it's checked "true" anyway, and my vessel has dmods... maybe a bug ! :)

Thanks!

Hmm, the d-mods thing shouldn't appear as a true/false value, and I'm pretty sure the setting worked in any case every time I've tested it.

Which starting faction/fleet did you pick? Some special starts could have ships with D-mods (specified in the ship variant data or mod code), regardless of the setting; e.g. SWP's Notre Dame or Underworld's Infernal Machine starts. Either that, or it's the suspected bug with some other mod messing with Nex start options that I haven't tracked down.

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: May 01, 2022, 08:36:57 PM »

One possible cause: you have Jaghaimo's Starpocalypse mod installed as well.

- There are no pristine ships any more, everything is d-modded. Including your starting fleet.

If this is the case, then you can go into starpocalypse.json and disable the options you don't like, including the starting d-mods.

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: May 04, 2022, 04:21:33 PM »

just updated everything and added some more mods for a new game, am having my relationships degrade with factions because i'm friendly with their enemies, is this a new nex feature?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: May 04, 2022, 04:30:10 PM »

Nope, that's one of Ruthless Sector's options. You can disable it if you want.

OneQuestion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: May 04, 2022, 11:27:03 PM »

Is there anything specific you want from the error log? I can read through it all but i have a lot of mods installed and its very, very long. (List all miners still worked with all the mods, before i edited mining strength of things).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4612 on: May 05, 2022, 12:59:08 AM »

Is there anything specific you want from the error log? I can read through it all but i have a lot of mods installed and its very, very long. (List all miners still worked with all the mods, before i edited mining strength of things).
It should be the last message in the log, if you look immediately after the error appears on the screen. Post the whole file (or a zip of it) somewhere if you're not sure.
Or post the mod itself and I can check it, that'll also help identify the issue.

OneQuestion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: May 05, 2022, 04:05:42 AM »

It should be the last message in the log, if you look immediately after the error appears on the screen. Post the whole file (or a zip of it) somewhere if you're not sure.
Or post the mod itself and I can check it, that'll also help identify the issue.

Well, here you go then. This is the relevant log entries i could find.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 04:10:29 AM by OneQuestion »

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: May 05, 2022, 11:27:32 AM »

Before I install this, I have two questions that the FAQ doesnt answer, and since I have no idea how to search this 300+ pages thread, I need to do it like this.

1. The FAQ mentions winning the game. Can you still continue on playing that save after a win? I dont want to stress out checking if an action will win me the game, and hinder me actually playing.

2. How aggressive do the factions get, and how quickly? I play at my own pace, and there would be a few factions with rather small initial holdings who I'd prefer survive a while. If they get wiped out within the first year or three, I doubt I would enjoy that.

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: May 05, 2022, 11:45:05 AM »

Before I install this, I have two questions that the FAQ doesnt answer, and since I have no idea how to search this 300+ pages thread, I need to do it like this.

1. The FAQ mentions winning the game. Can you still continue on playing that save after a win? I dont want to stress out checking if an action will win me the game, and hinder me actually playing.

2. How aggressive do the factions get, and how quickly? I play at my own pace, and there would be a few factions with rather small initial holdings who I'd prefer survive a while. If they get wiped out within the first year or three, I doubt I would enjoy that.

The answer to 1 is yes, even if it was no IIRC you can disable victory conditions on settings.json.

For 2, in exerelin_config.json there should be some sort of truce grace period that you can set that will make sure that they don't invade in the first x days or something but my memory is hazy. Otherwise there are other settings that you can use which decrease the frequency of invasions, can also make the invasions last a lot longer.

By default I would argue that the factions are pretty aggro towards each other and invasions/wars are a regular occurence.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: May 05, 2022, 12:17:27 PM »

Also, for a few smaller factions, keep in mind that they are intended to die quickly without player assistance in Nex.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4617 on: May 05, 2022, 05:56:00 PM »

Well, here you go then. This is the relevant log entries i could find.
Okay, these look like the two relevant bits:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.sutopia.starsector.mod.concord.adv.ConcordCaptain.applyEffectsBeforeShipCre ation(ConcordCaptain.java:64)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.updateStats(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.init(Unknown Source)

(this one's probably less important)
519687 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.Nex_PrintMiningInfo: Hullmod SKR_siegfried_exx not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod SKR_siegfried_exx not found!

Not sure whether the missing hullmod actually breaks it, but first things first: Try with Concord but without your mod, then in either case talk to Sutopia about the issue (show 'em the same error log posted in this thread).

OneQuestion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: May 06, 2022, 09:11:06 AM »

Well i can confirm that with just Concord, Nexerelin, the lib's and HMI (example of a mining faction) this issue does not happen, guess i'm gonna enable one and one mod individually to find the culprit. Still a bit weird since i just changed some mining strengths and wrote in some new ids for the ships i wanted to have mining possibilities in the mods respectable modsettings.

Again though, its not a huge issue i just gotta write down the mining strengths manually.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 12:15:00 PM by OneQuestion »

OneQuestion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: May 06, 2022, 01:48:00 PM »

After some testing, it seems to be an issue with:

Modern Carriers...???

I have tested every single mod i have one by one, and it only happens when i have Modern Carriers activated. I don't even know anymore...
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 399