Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3052137 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4560 on: April 11, 2022, 05:57:17 PM »

Question: Is it possible to edit the amount of movement points you have in ground battles using mod's config settings?
A simple mod script can change the values, but it's not in a config file.

(If you're having trouble, things that help include adding more ground support ships like Valkyries, taking the spaceport, and removing ground defenses/heavy batteries)

Hello! I seem to be running into a small issue with the "Follow Me!" fleet ability when aligned with a friendly faction (As in, starting commission). As you can see here,
[...]
Fleets with the 'orbiting me' command won't engage enemy fleets, even when in sensor range and with transponder turned on. However, stations will with my initiative. I am uncertain, but I suspect this is because of the "Fleets with $cfai_ignoreOtherFleets set will no longer be pulled into battles involving the player when they're not the primary interaction target" change made with the 0.95.1a version of the game.
Oh, wow, I think that was indeed the issue. Nice catch!
Try this untested hotfix attempt (place in Nexerelin/jars)

Matthew_Collins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: April 11, 2022, 07:46:12 PM »

Hey, sorry if I'm dense - But I'm having trouble even launching the game. Did I do something wrong? I assume I installed the mod correctly but my launcher claims it's out of date.

I'll add some screenshots, I can also provide a log.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: April 11, 2022, 08:02:14 PM »

Hey, sorry if I'm dense - But I'm having trouble even launching the game. Did I do something wrong? I assume I installed the mod correctly but my launcher claims it's out of date.

... according to the picture, assuming I'm reading it correctly, your game version is '0.95a-RC15'.

The mod runs on the latest game version of '0.95.1a-RC6'. So I think your game version is out of date, download the latest one from the main website... or find an older version of Nexerelin.

Matthew_Collins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: April 11, 2022, 08:32:15 PM »

... according to the picture, assuming I'm reading it correctly, your game version is '0.95a-RC15'.

The mod runs on the latest game version of '0.95.1a-RC6'. So I think your game version is out of date, download the latest one from the main website... or find an older version of Nexerelin.

Yeah that was it lol, I somehow managed to get an outdated version of the game - My bad.

Tampan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: April 13, 2022, 06:11:55 AM »

so i found a system.. it's not a 5 star system with teran planet or ultrarich stuff but it has 3 stable locations and lil bit of everything. a bit far from core but planets hazard rating is less than 200%. good place to start my faction. there's only one problem tho... i don't remember where.

can you add 'note' feature to galaxy map next update?
 ;D ;D

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: April 13, 2022, 09:28:00 AM »

so i found a system.. it's not a 5 star system with teran planet or ultrarich stuff but it has 3 stable locations and lil bit of everything. a bit far from core but planets hazard rating is less than 200%. good place to start my faction. there's only one problem tho... i don't remember where.

can you add 'note' feature to galaxy map next update?
 ;D ;D
You'll need the 'Captain's Log' mod, that's pretty much what it does.

SCUBAelement

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: April 13, 2022, 05:40:58 PM »

Hello Histidine, thank you for the mod, been playing it for a good while now. I was wondering about the player created "special task groups." In my current play through I am RP'ing as a rimward warlord in a total war scenario. I would like to be able to create a special task group for each High Command I control. Its overpowered that way but I have turned up the enemy revenge fleets and Invasion fleets. For my own personal use, where in the Nexerelin mod folder would I change from 1 allowed task force to an arbitrary number or satisfied condition such as "high command = true"? Thank you in advance and have a good evening. 8) ;D

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4567 on: April 13, 2022, 11:26:47 PM »

Hello Histidine, thank you for the mod, been playing it for a good while now. I was wondering about the player created "special task groups." In my current play through I am RP'ing as a rimward warlord in a total war scenario. I would like to be able to create a special task group for each High Command I control. Its overpowered that way but I have turned up the enemy revenge fleets and Invasion fleets. For my own personal use, where in the Nexerelin mod folder would I change from 1 allowed task force to an arbitrary number or satisfied condition such as "high command = true"? Thank you in advance and have a good evening. 8) ;D
Hello!

Open* Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv and comment out the line (put a # at the start of the first column) the nex_configSF_createNewOptDisabled row.
This removes any checks that might disable special task group creation (currently the only such check is having any other task groups).

*with LibreOffice Calc or Ron's CSV Editor; Notepad++ works if you're feeling adventurous; Excel may or may not break the file

SCUBAelement

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: April 14, 2022, 10:31:51 AM »

Thanks Histidine, much appreciated!  8) :D

rototornik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: April 15, 2022, 12:23:11 PM »

Hey everyone, is it actually possible to disable a vanilla faction?
I wanted to experiment a little and tried to disable *all* of them, bar the modded ones and pirates, but nothing happens.

Only tried it on random worlds, but I have no idea if that's a factor at all. Derelict empire setting doesn't seem to affect the outcome either.
Help? 

Resetium

• Ensign
  • Funny robot-lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: April 15, 2022, 01:28:58 PM »

After messing around with this mod for a little bit, I've come up with some ideas that I'd like to see in future updates, hopefully:

- Siding with the Remnant. I mean, really siding with them. Get to like, I dunno, friendly relations with the faction as a whole via Dissonant (maybe as a quest after the brawl?), get a quest that starts a chain ending in basically declaring war on everyone you're not allied with, and converting your allies to the Remnant's side or something. I want to see the player able to help the Remnant step up from mere raids that basically highlight where their bases are.
- Customizing one's own faction, maybe? Setting traits (or having them set for you based on your actions), alignments, all that stuff.
- Alliances seem to be more of a nuisance than a cool mechanic in my opinion. Maybe give them a bit more depth, i.e Stellaris' Federations system? I mostly want to be able to set my alliance alignment to not be Diplomatic considering how insanely technocratic my current save is leaning.
     - Factions still seem to like to roll over and die when you jump them. Perhaps the Alliance system could provide a solution there? Sanctions or something for being too evil? I don't really know where I'm going with this but this seems to be going in the right direction?

I understand if these don't get in, considering some of these sound really complex (but also I have never modded starsector before so what do I know)
More Modded [REDACTED] Ships!
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.
Satbomb the Hegemony.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4571 on: April 15, 2022, 07:07:04 PM »

Hey everyone, is it actually possible to disable a vanilla faction?
I wanted to experiment a little and tried to disable *all* of them, bar the modded ones and pirates, but nothing happens.

Only tried it on random worlds, but I have no idea if that's a factor at all. Derelict empire setting doesn't seem to affect the outcome either.
Help?
Disabling factions in random sector should work (in fact, it's the only place it should work, the faction toggle menu doesn't appear for non-random). You're using the faction enable/disable menu in the new game settings, right?
Pirates and Path may have special mechanics that keep them from being turned off completely, but if something like Hegemony appears while being disabled, that's a bug or some other mod is messing with Nex configuration (or they have markets added by a mod that doesn't have random sector compatibility, which happens in a few cases).

After messing around with this mod for a little bit, I've come up with some ideas that I'd like to see in future updates, hopefully:

- Siding with the Remnant. I mean, really siding with them. Get to like, I dunno, friendly relations with the faction as a whole via Dissonant (maybe as a quest after the brawl?), get a quest that starts a chain ending in basically declaring war on everyone you're not allied with, and converting your allies to the Remnant's side or something. I want to see the player able to help the Remnant step up from mere raids that basically highlight where their bases are.
- Customizing one's own faction, maybe? Setting traits (or having them set for you based on your actions), alignments, all that stuff.
- Alliances seem to be more of a nuisance than a cool mechanic in my opinion. Maybe give them a bit more depth, i.e Stellaris' Federations system? I mostly want to be able to set my alliance alignment to not be Diplomatic considering how insanely technocratic my current save is leaning.
     - Factions still seem to like to roll over and die when you jump them. Perhaps the Alliance system could provide a solution there? Sanctions or something for being too evil? I don't really know where I'm going with this but this seems to be going in the right direction?

I understand if these don't get in, considering some of these sound really complex (but also I have never modded starsector before so what do I know)
I plan to do all of these to one degree or another in the long term :) (whether or when that will actually happen is a harder question though!)
For Remnants in particular, I wanna see how David does the rest of the Starsector story first.
I'd also like to have alliances used more to maintain balance of power against large factions (a halfway skilled player will probably still stomp everyone anyway, but at least they'll have to work for it)

Thermi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: April 15, 2022, 11:25:43 PM »

When the brawl quest via Dissonant fails and is retried the fleet you're supposed to follow doesn't spawn. It's also not possible to abort the quest. So right now my save is broken for that questline. :(

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: April 15, 2022, 11:27:54 PM »

Yeah, the big thing with the current Remnant stuff is that Histi is making some... educated guesses about what the current intent with the Remnants and Omega is and how they're related. A whole lot of this could change with the next big story update (which is shaping up to be, uh, whoa). So it makes sense not to go too much harder into it, because depending on how things shake out, a lot of the existing material might need to get rewritten, even.

rototornik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: April 17, 2022, 04:45:15 AM »

Disabling factions in random sector should work (in fact, it's the only place it should work, the faction toggle menu doesn't appear for non-random). You're using the faction enable/disable menu in the new game settings, right?
Pirates and Path may have special mechanics that keep them from being turned off completely, but if something like Hegemony appears while being disabled, that's a bug or some other mod is messing with Nex configuration (or they have markets added by a mod that doesn't have random sector compatibility, which happens in a few cases).
Yep, and it was no bug.
"Stop gap measure" mod was the culprit - it's not listed as a faction mod so I overlooked it, but it does add a few markets for vanilla factions.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 399