Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014741 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.3i "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-12-17)
« Reply #4395 on: January 13, 2022, 05:46:09 PM »

The ship procurement using Nex operatives first goes to the production gathering point (the base game feature; Command (D) -> Custom production (5) -> top-left of screen). If you don't have one (don't have a colony yet, for instance), it goes to the nearest market where you have storage. If none, it goes the the planet the procurement took place at.

You can check the procurement intel to see where it's going, if it's still there. The intel also lets you set a custom destination if the action hasn't completed yet.

pucin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: January 13, 2022, 09:51:52 PM »

what is mining for? just collect thousands of stones and sell them cheap?

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: January 13, 2022, 10:14:35 PM »

what is mining for? just collect thousands of stones and sell them cheap?

Without considering other mod interactions, I believe the ores you acquire via Nexerelin's mining system can be sold opportunistically to markets whenever they experience shortages (due to industry or supply line disruptions)... in exchange for factional reputation boosts?

If you're a heavy user of the Neutrino Detector fleet ability (which consumes volatiles), being able to top off your supply from a gas giant while out in the sector fringes may be more convenient than burning back towards the core worlds. Provided you don't mind the risk of mining accidents from mining large planetoids compared to asteroids, of course.

There's even a chance for you to discover hidden caches containing other commodities (heavy armaments, recreational drugs) or even a free ship. I've lost count of the number of times I've unearthed a free Tempest frigate from a floating space rock.

Finally, if you do have other mods that allow you to refine your ores into metals, you may be able to fulfill construction jobs, like stable point entities (or even station construction).

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: January 14, 2022, 01:19:56 PM »

First of all, I want to praise the mod again. Thanks a lot.

Do you people agree that Sindria is falling too consistently and too quickly by the invasions of other factions? From my observation with a few dozen runs, it virtually always falls really early into the game (cylce 207), which I find too early, particularly for such an iconic place.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: January 14, 2022, 03:22:32 PM »

Strangely, I rarely see Sindria get bullied that much. This is probably because my normal modlist includes a number of mod factions, so they're just one more frankly small fish in a big ocean. Especially now that II is updated and they tend to pair off with the Imperium, I don't see them get messed with that much (and oftentimes, when they get attacked one of the II task forces shows up to help).

There is a mod that tries to address Sindria's potential problems, but a lot of users thinks it goes a little too far. For my part, I think just giving Sindria a star fort would help a fair deal, and I'm not sure why it doesn't have one in vanilla.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4400 on: January 15, 2022, 07:10:53 AM »

Thanks!

One thing I specifically want to do with the Diktat is to give back Andrada some of his ground defense power that was lost when the Ground Operations skill was removed. With it, it seemed to me that Sindria could hold against (the new) invasions regardless of what happened to Cruor or Volturn; now, not so much.

Also not sure how to buff Askonia system against NPCs but not the player (who already has enough trouble getting near Sindria with a size 7 High Command's worth of patrols plus the Lion's Guards flying around the place).

TheMadslide

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: January 15, 2022, 08:30:55 AM »

Hello ! First of all, thanks for this amazing mode.
Sorry if I'm talking about obvious things, but I've a question.

I remember that in my runs using Nexerelin, there were missions that ask the player to use operatives to stop/interrupt an industry.
But now I can't find any mission like this;

Is it a strange bug/problem coming from my list of mods, or are these missons just disabled ?

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: January 16, 2022, 12:02:53 AM »

Is there a way to easily edit the starting relation with your own faction when doing a faction start (set at +60 by default) ?
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: January 16, 2022, 03:36:05 PM »

love the mod (what we we do without it? lol), but what do i do about hegemony and aggressive mod factions that just rush and steam roll right off the bat? im barely getting a decent fleet and by that point my own faction is down to 2 planets left and hegemony has like 17 worlds (no faction weights).

this is on random relations and map regardless of size.  hege is at war with like 5 other factions but they dont seem to put up much of a fight or resistance other then mods like diable and then one tends to just roll the other (altho in this case its a large map and spread out and they dont seem to be fighting much)

and throwing everything i have at them trying to get back some of the space we've lost has been epic but seems to be a losing battle. ive called in max fleet support invasion but that only brought 1 carrier, a doom and about 50 cruisers so wasnt much help and my own fleets while having some levels 7's and 5's (rest are like level 3) that have extra elite skills still can only a field a handful of ships and this is against waves and waves of hegemony battleships with all kinds of upgrades on them.

how do i save my peoples from the fascist oppressors? lol i get worked every time unless i luck out at the start and they go after other factions first which buys me some time to get on my feet. 

in hindsight i guess i should have been using my agent to be keep us friendly and not overwhelmed but that still wont help on the battlefield...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 04:18:22 PM by Warlord-616x »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4404 on: January 16, 2022, 05:04:07 PM »

Hello ! First of all, thanks for this amazing mode.
Sorry if I'm talking about obvious things, but I've a question.

I remember that in my runs using Nexerelin, there were missions that ask the player to use operatives to stop/interrupt an industry.
But now I can't find any mission like this;

Is it a strange bug/problem coming from my list of mods, or are these missons just disabled ?
They're now sometimes offered by trade (IIRC) contacts, or in bars.

love the mod (what we we do without it? lol), but what do i do about hegemony and aggressive mod factions that just rush and steam roll right off the bat? im barely getting a decent fleet and by that point my own faction is down to 2 planets left and hegemony has like 17 worlds (no faction weights).

this is on random relations and map regardless of size.  hege is at war with like 5 other factions but they dont seem to put up much of a fight or resistance other then mods like diable and then one tends to just roll the other (altho in this case its a large map and spread out and they dont seem to be fighting much)

and throwing everything i have at them trying to get back some of the space we've lost has been epic but seems to be a losing battle. ive called in max fleet support invasion but that only brought 1 carrier, a doom and about 50 cruisers so wasnt much help and my own fleets while having some levels 7's and 5's (rest are like level 3) that have extra elite skills still can only a field a handful of ships and this is against waves and waves of hegemony battleships with all kinds of upgrades on them.

how do i save my peoples from the fascist oppressors? lol i get worked every time unless i luck out at the start and they go after other factions first which buys me some time to get on my feet. 

in hindsight i guess i should have been using my agent to be keep us friendly and not overwhelmed but that still wont help on the battlefield...
Right now all I can say about this is that in my last game, Hegemony was about breaking even or expanding slightly (after losing some of their planets for a bit), and in the game before that, they got whipped badly by me and the League, to the point where my failure to help them retake Chicomoztoc (after basically switching sides) could have sealed their fate. (both non-random sector)

Random sector Heg by default starts at only the size of two normal-sized factions and shouldn't be able to overpower multiple of them at once. If you have faction weights disabled that's even more messed up.

For fighting invasion fleets in particular, stations are a big force multiplier and you want to use them to your advantage; at minimum you should be able to bleed off most or all of their advantage before the station dies. Also with the new ground battles, you can do things to keep the invasion from succeeding even if they win in space.
EDIT: Also, a halfway skilled player is much more effective at invading than NPC factions are, take advantage of that.

Is there a way to easily edit the starting relation with your own faction when doing a faction start (set at +60 by default) ?
It's hardcoded, albeit still fixable after the fact thanks to console.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 05:17:41 PM by Histidine »

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: January 17, 2022, 11:26:15 AM »

the (singular) defense fleet: https://imgur.com/ACpSOzw

meanwhile the attacking fleet gets multiple of these and puts them out every couple months: https://imgur.com/XNinfDo

defenders never had a chance even with the station and within a few months the new owner (hege) will have fairly impregnable defenses. and ive had the same results in almost every campaign since i started a year or two ago.  heck even if i try and get involved with the defense fleet in the station fight then it just gives me 60 points (so one paragon) and half a dozen ai frigs and destroyers plus the station against the entire enemy fleet (and most of the defenders end up just running away in the end).

honestly my play experience seems to be entirely different then anyone elses.  am i doing something wrong? i do end up doing a lot of smuggling and nefarious profit generation to try and race to keep up, but am i somehow antagonizing them into overdrive (or is that even possible)?  my faction is about to be wiped out (again) and im not all that far into the game that started off maxed out on size and populated planets.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 12:02:34 PM by Warlord-616x »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4406 on: January 18, 2022, 05:05:24 PM »

As I said on Discord: an AI core battlestation (or a human-officered star fort) with player support should at minimum inflict severe losses on that fleet. (I've just watched an unassisted alpha core HT battlestation almost kill a 1000 FP console-spawned pirate fleet, with only one enemy capital remaining on the field)

I was wondering where all the patrols were, but the radar in the screenshot suggests two large ones incoming.

Also, are you sure you didn't modify any invasion-related settings (or have a mod that does so)? Among other things that one fleet looks awfully dense, especially for Hegemony with its 5-1-1 doctrine; I'd expect it to split into two fleets before it gets to 10 capitals.

If you continue having problems, post a save; I want to try one of these battles myself.

honestly my play experience seems to be entirely different then anyone elses.  am i doing something wrong? i do end up doing a lot of smuggling and nefarious profit generation to try and race to keep up, but am i somehow antagonizing them into overdrive (or is that even possible)?
There isn't such a mechanic, no.

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: January 18, 2022, 10:20:28 PM »

As I said on Discord: an AI core battlestation (or a human-officered star fort) with player support should at minimum inflict severe losses on that fleet. (I've just watched an unassisted alpha core HT battlestation almost kill a 1000 FP console-spawned pirate fleet, with only one enemy capital remaining on the field)

I was wondering where all the patrols were, but the radar in the screenshot suggests two large ones incoming.

Also, are you sure you didn't modify any invasion-related settings (or have a mod that does so)? Among other things that one fleet looks awfully dense, especially for Hegemony with its 5-1-1 doctrine; I'd expect it to split into two fleets before it gets to 10 capitals.

If you continue having problems, post a save; I want to try one of these battles myself.
honestly my play experience seems to be entirely different then anyone elses.  am i doing something wrong? i do end up doing a lot of smuggling and nefarious profit generation to try and race to keep up, but am i somehow antagonizing them into overdrive (or is that even possible)?
There isn't such a mechanic, no.

i suppose its possible. on a previous attempt i had gotten so frustrated that i had tried to adjust the settings in order to reduce hegemony aggression unsuccessfully (and maybe i was somehow adjusting it in the wrong direction? altho i swear i had tried both ways at the time with neither having much of a discernable result), but im not sure if that was on my old computer or new, and game has been uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times since either way.  suppose i can try a wipe and another reinstall tho.

heres my save files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K8XhpYvVvKtMeQbXkbRTMirjFMijUfjl/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FGx7XnGYm_73YgJ-wDZHwA0qdao4fEvX/view?usp=sharing

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4408 on: January 20, 2022, 02:32:20 AM »

Okay, I looked at the save and then tried the battle. Several things stood out to me:
Spoiler
1) This is probably a good but not extraordinary performance for December 213:

(Scoreboard is a feature in the next version. Hegemony accounts for 72 of the market size in its alliance)

(Actually it's even more unremarkable than that, I ran some debug code and Hegemony has taken a total of two markets, and Church took none)

2) Your flagship is a misconfigured Paragon with misconfigured skills for it (and broken weapon groups), and the rest of the fleet also has issues (like the Fulgent with 4x as much weapon flux as dissipation). Why do none of the ships have S-mods when you have 32 free skill points? Why do you have Ballistic Mastery on a Paragon, and why are none of your combat skills elite?

3) Despite everything, you still have a Paragon with a decent player character. Meaning that after reconfiguring the ship a bit, I was able to do this without station backup (got there too late; it only had one module left so I decided to leave it and its assisting fleets to their fate):
[close]

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: January 20, 2022, 04:46:04 AM »

Speaking of buildable outposts, there is issue with drone ships, like Remants or Derelicts, you can't stash them there, game tells "illegal to sell", but you can stash them on own colony.

Also how about of option, which generates abandoned stations where you can stash loot in random sector?
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 396