Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Of Slipstreams and Sensor Ghosts (09/24/21)

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 278

Author Topic: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3c "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-09-18)  (Read 1754360 times)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

Just a thought, but being able to start on a random planet with your own faction in the default sector would be amazing. perhaps generate a new system for the player near the other core factions?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just a thought, but being able to start on a random planet with your own faction in the default sector would be amazing. perhaps generate a new system for the player near the other core factions?
Stick it in Duhzak :P

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey,

Little bit of a random post, just wondering, is there a trick to locating Prisim Freeport now?

Waaaay, back when I was playing SS, had no issues.  But, after having recently comeback, cant seem to find it anywhere.  I have Enabled it in the start up.

Is there a known MOD conflict that makes it not spawn?

Any help appreciated.
Turn off... I forget what the overlay's called. It's the first one on the sector map.

Cheers Bud, gave that a crack, but it doesn't show up anywhere.  Might try just loading nex and see what happens with no other mods.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email

Is there some way to enforce like a temporary white list where you faction isn't really considered attackable until like you have colonized at least two systems, or at least three planets?  Having the faction or faction alliances declare war, make peace, then declare war again post-haste is kinda ridiculous.  Like the game systems will operate normally if you drop back down to less than 2 systems or 3 planets, but until your faction first becomes marginally large in the first place, seems kinda pointless to "declare war," but never bother to finish the job... Never even bothered to get a commish, so not even technically a rebellion...!  But barely running two colonies in a de facto state of constant war is getting ridiculous.
It does seem a bit odd that the player gets treated as an actual space polity (i.e. something you can have diplomacy with) when having just one size 3 colony. I don't have any ideas for fixing it right now though, I'll look at it in a later version.

Hey,

Little bit of a random post, just wondering, is there a trick to locating Prisim Freeport now?

Waaaay, back when I was playing SS, had no issues.  But, after having recently comeback, cant seem to find it anywhere.  I have Enabled it in the start up.

Any help appreciated.
Look in the Sitnalta nebula west of Askonia.

Someone's requested a similar thing recently. My idea was to find a suitably high-value planet in the existing core worlds and make it a player colony (this means sharing a star system with an existing faction, most likely).

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email

Hmm, I know at least one mod moves it to it's own system, but not which mod or where.

in my game running all mods on the map its in a cloud named sitnalta between askonia & kumari kandam
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2c "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-06-12)
« Reply #3951 on: June 11, 2021, 10:53:17 PM »

Fix update.

Nexerelin v0.10.2c
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
## v0.10.2c ##
* Random start ship generator has a chance to pick phase ships based on faction's doctrine
* Remnant ships that cannot be recovered normally will also not appear in Remnant contact custom production contract
* Fix stack overflow and simplify handling of response fleets persisting
* Fix merc fleets available for hire losing S-mods on save/load
[close]

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey,

Any help appreciated.
Look in the Sitnalta nebula west of Askonia.

Thanks muchly

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3953 on: June 12, 2021, 03:51:06 AM »

Im not sure if this is vanilla or this mod but since this mod is more ambitious (& I vaguely recall it being a thing before 0.8) Im just gonna assume; why does defeating a faction's attempt to invade your colony lower your reputation with them? It seems to me if the luddic church pours the entire combined might of their industry into producing a fleet to invade one of my colonies and I manage to break them over my knee, it should make them less likely to try it again, not more, and if they succeed it should make them more likely to attack another colony. And the system by which that is done is the reputation system.
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

SpaceDrake

• Lieutenant
  • Mio Harcourt: fixin' the Machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: June 12, 2021, 03:59:45 AM »

Because you killed an absolute shitload of their dudes. As it turns out, even when on the defense, killing tons of people tends to make other people upset.

This is why war weariness exists as a stat separate from reputation; Someone may hate you, but if you smash up their fleets over and over, they're going to get tired of it and sue for peace unless their relationship is clamped (which, for endless hostilities, is usually a mod feature like Kadur vs. Hegemony).

You can check War Weariness under the Diplomatic Profiles in the intelligence screen.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

Someone's requested a similar thing recently. My idea was to find a suitably high-value planet in the existing core worlds and make it a player colony (this means sharing a star system with an existing faction, most likely).

actually, i rather like buddy's idea of duhzak, or penelope's. core, but still yer own.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3956 on: June 12, 2021, 10:49:33 AM »

oh i didnt know it was already in there, mb. But, as a small continuation of a point, "reputation" does not just have to mean "how much they like you", it can also mean "how much they respect you" and "how much they fear you". And, obviously if ur faction is new to the sector & u just founded a colony they'll want to test you because they neither fear nor respect you, but if you turn the orbit of your colonies into a meatgrinder it should IMO improve their opinion of u bc u proved that u might not be the best person to have as an enemy

edit: I dont know what I'm reading here. I have a commission with pirates but started my own faction. Are they invading my colonies bc of relations with my faction or bc I have a pirate commission? And, they can invade my colonies back to back to back to back to back without having to be at war with me??? Will they stop if I break my pirate commission & start treating me like a normal faction or is that not a factor here?
https://imgur.com/a/i4J7N1K
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:59:51 AM by Deshara »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #3957 on: June 12, 2021, 08:00:13 PM »

Diplomacy between pirate-type and non-pirate factions doesn't really exist, which is why they're not normally displayed in each other's disposition tables.

If pirate invasions are not enabled in the config file, then other factions will only invade pirate worlds if those worlds were previously held by a non-pirate faction. Having a pirate commission extends this protection to player colonies.

As for rep: meh, there are things I wish I could change about the system, but implementing respect meter functionality isn't one of them right now.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3958 on: June 12, 2021, 08:35:43 PM »

wait so my 2+ invasions every month is actually... less than I would be getting if I werent pirate commissioned?

ShadySands

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3959 on: June 13, 2021, 05:45:24 AM »

Hey guys, I'm new here, how much operatives can i have? I have 2 now, it won't let me get the third one unless i take leadirship skills. will this number go up with the power of my faction? I have 4 planets now. also what kinds of operatives are in the mod? So far I've met saboteurs and hybrids.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 278