Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3015128 times)

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.0e "Space Hero Academia" (fixes 2021-04-21)
« Reply #3750 on: April 28, 2021, 03:19:56 AM »

Feature request: the option to override the stabilization commodities for a faction through the faction's nex config.

eg "stabilizationDemandClasses":["luxury_goods","domestic_goods","ore"], which would result in a faction that stabilizes through luxury goods (or lobsters, or some other luxury_good), domestic goods, and big piles of rocks.

Kesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: April 28, 2021, 07:37:59 AM »

I really like nexerelin. But I don't quite like a faction being destroyed before I could interact with them. What can I do in the config to like, lessen the frequency of invasions and saturation bombardment and maybe even make factions want to make peace rather than to be invaded or die horribly?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:50:03 AM by Kesh »

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: April 28, 2021, 08:36:22 AM »

I really like nexerelin. But I don't quite like a faction being destroyed before I could interact with them. What can I do in the config to like, lessen the frequency of invasions and saturation bombardment and maybe even make factions want to make peace rather than to be invaded or die horribly?

I've not altered it myself but this seems to be the answer:

"pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet": 27000,    # bigger = longer delay between invasion fleets

Alphonselle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: April 28, 2021, 12:06:31 PM »

Not sure if anyone has reported this bug but I found a pather base whose orbital station has been rendered unoperational but still standing, so I satbombed it. The game says that since this is a hidden base, there won't be any rep change.

after I did that, the station was abandoned; however, the game still show that it is still providing support to my colonies' pather bases as a neutral station.
Is there a quick way to remedy this with console command? I have tried to send base strike fleet but since there's no operational market in said system, I cant really do anything.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 12:14:05 PM by Alphonselle »

silentsnack

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: April 28, 2021, 03:54:43 PM »

Inconsistency: when docked at an outpost the tooltip for the 'storage' tab says there are no storage fees, but if you actually put items in the storage then the outpost shows up on your monthly income reports as having a storage fee based on the value of items.  The only way to store stuff for free is to put everything in pseudo-colony's local resource stockpile, but that only works for commodities.

...also is it intentional that outposts function as a spectacularly kludged playercolony* in that they let you refit ships without the "refit in space" CR penalty?

*having a waystation but no spaceport, you can't install/swap logistic hullmods but somehow even though there isn't a dock the refit screen lets you 'restore' to wipe D-mods???

Kesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: April 28, 2021, 07:01:45 PM »

I stumbled upon the minWarWearinessForPeace in the config file, but the description just says float. What does this setting do?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:28:57 PM by Kesh »

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: April 28, 2021, 11:07:01 PM »

Found a minor text bug. When an agent is detected manipulating the political process, the agent's faction should lose standing with the two targets, in this case H.M.I and United Pamed. The text instead shows one of the targets twice, but the standing impact looks correct.

[attachment deleted by admin]

silentsnack

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: April 28, 2021, 11:44:06 PM »

Also under "not sure if bug" discovered that a shortage of organics at a Cryosanctum somehow appears to increase production of harvested organs?

Buddah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: April 29, 2021, 02:26:54 AM »

Hello,
I love this mod but I have a slight issue in my game. The Hegemony just declared war on TT and TT are getting absolutely steamrolled.  The issue is I'd rather they didn't since I'd eventually like to buy their stuff.  I could commission myself to fight on their behalf but that screws with my relations and considering how many fleets are in the TT home system right now I'm not really sure I could turn the tide even if I did.  I don't suppose there is some other way I can help them that would really make a difference?

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: April 29, 2021, 02:39:44 AM »

I have not played Nex extensively for quite some time but are you not able to colonize other systems, give them to tri tach and force a peace via prisoner exchanges etc?

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: April 29, 2021, 06:35:07 AM »

I have not played Nex extensively for quite some time but are you not able to colonize other systems, give them to tri tach and force a peace via prisoner exchanges etc?

giving planets is a decent way to keep the faction alive.

If you want to stay neutral while allowing TT to survive, another option is agents.

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: April 29, 2021, 10:12:23 AM »

Why is the shortage and fleet d-mod indicators colored blue instead of red?

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: April 29, 2021, 10:16:41 AM »

Nex doesn't change UI like that, minimalUI might be the cause.

silentsnack

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: April 29, 2021, 04:29:34 PM »

Why is the shortage and fleet d-mod indicators colored blue instead of red?
Edit the file starsector-core\data\config\settings.json
Find the line ["colorblindMode":false,] and set it to 'true'
What once was red now is blue.

...which is of limited usefulness except for a narrow subtype of colorblindness (which isn't the one I have) but at least the developer put forth a little bit of effort instead of none at all, I guess?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:34:14 PM by silentsnack »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3764 on: April 29, 2021, 06:20:44 PM »

Feature request: the option to override the stabilization commodities for a faction through the faction's nex config.

eg "stabilizationDemandClasses":["luxury_goods","domestic_goods","ore"], which would result in a faction that stabilizes through luxury goods (or lobsters, or some other luxury_good), domestic goods, and big piles of rocks.
Hmm, I can do that.

Not sure if anyone has reported this bug but I found a pather base whose orbital station has been rendered unoperational but still standing, so I satbombed it. The game says that since this is a hidden base, there won't be any rep change.

after I did that, the station was abandoned; however, the game still show that it is still providing support to my colonies' pather bases as a neutral station.
Is there a quick way to remedy this with console command? I have tried to send base strike fleet but since there's no operational market in said system, I cant really do anything.
Yeah, sat bombing Pather stations will cause it to glitch out. Although the base not being killed after losing its station is a bug in itself. Do you know how it happened?

To remove the existing cells, use an agent (but they might reconnect to the zombie base after the disruption ends). Or removecondition pather_cells in console, although if it works the same as in 0.9.1 then the colony will become permanently immune to new cells as a result.

Also under "not sure if bug" discovered that a shortage of organics at a Cryosanctum somehow appears to increase production of harvested organs?
Looks like this is actually intentional on Alex's part! (Also happens with a supply deficit)

My guess: they can't maintain the cryopods at full capacity any longer, so, well, the supply of no-longer-freezable bodies to harvest increases...

Hello,
I love this mod but I have a slight issue in my game. The Hegemony just declared war on TT and TT are getting absolutely steamrolled.  The issue is I'd rather they didn't since I'd eventually like to buy their stuff.  I could commission myself to fight on their behalf but that screws with my relations and considering how many fleets are in the TT home system right now I'm not really sure I could turn the tide even if I did.  I don't suppose there is some other way I can help them that would really make a difference?
If you can do it, taking out the orbital works on Chicomoztoc (and the one on Raesvelg for good measure) will really mess them up.

Finding a way to start a war between Heg and one of the other major factions (Persean League is good) should also take some of the heat off TT.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 396