Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3042573 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.0e "Space Hero Academia" (fixes 2021-04-21)
« Reply #3720 on: April 22, 2021, 07:22:17 PM »

A question about the milestone about having x number of officers at level 5 or higher...

What conditions trigger it exactly? I've had a run where I ended up with a full complement of officers at max level, all 5 + (including a mod added level 8 AI), and it didn't trigger. Assigned each of them to ship... Unassigned... No trigger.
Did I miss something?
It requires at least 8 officers of at least level 5 (should have checked whether this counts the player before coding it), checked after each player battle.

I'm getting a crash upon starting up a game (specifically right after selecting my skills, as it's generating the sector) using the following modlist:
That looks like the Star Federation station bug; updating that mod will fix it.

If not, with latest Nexerelin the line immediately above the error message should identify which mod is having the issue.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: April 23, 2021, 12:59:08 AM »

Small suggestion regarding the "Follow me!" campaign command. Right now, as long as you're commissioned with a faction at all, you can get fleets of any size to blindly follow you away from their duty. When you're just a newcomer to a faction, it feels very weird and exploity that your low rep character can casually pull massive warfleets to do their bidding whenever.

I don't know if it's possible in the code, but I think it'd be better if the command only worked if you have high reputation with the faction.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

mosshadow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: April 23, 2021, 01:54:44 PM »

With the changes to combat in .95 I wonder if fleet sizes need to be changed more than they already are since combat is much harder. Fleet sizes feel smaller already but I still think pirate doomstacks are really hard to beat even with a late game fleet.

sureok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: April 24, 2021, 08:30:02 AM »

Hi, I randomized the core worlds and by doing this I'm not sure if I screwed myself out of the Galatian Academy main story missions. Is there a Nex equivalent I should be looking out for that could provide these? I'm having fun so far but I'd rather have a "main objective" I could work towards as I play.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: April 24, 2021, 08:48:15 AM »

With the changes to combat in .95 I wonder if fleet sizes need to be changed more than they already are since combat is much harder. Fleet sizes feel smaller already but I still think pirate doomstacks are really hard to beat even with a late game fleet.
In 0.95 number of officers dominate deployment point calculation, and AI fleets have higher number of officers if you're not using mercenaries. So most of the time when you're fighting late game AI doomstacks, you get the bare minimum of 40% of battle size as the starting DP. With a default battle size of 300 DP, you'll get 120 DP. The disadvantageous 40%-60% split can be equalized to 60%-60% in battle as you capture battle objectives, so you should try bringing fast ships that can easily dispatch enemy frigates (safety overridden frigates are an obvious choice), which should be easy in the case of fighting against pirates.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:55:11 AM by JohnDoe »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: April 24, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »

Hi, I randomized the core worlds and by doing this I'm not sure if I screwed myself out of the Galatian Academy main story missions. Is there a Nex equivalent I should be looking out for that could provide these? I'm having fun so far but I'd rather have a "main objective" I could work towards as I play.
@Histidine
Maybe you should make the warning labels bigger?

sureok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: April 24, 2021, 10:08:12 AM »

]
@Histidine
Maybe you should make the warning labels bigger?
What do you mean?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: April 24, 2021, 10:18:13 AM »

What do you mean?
I was trying to say to @Histidine "Maybe you should make the warning labels bigger?". It wasn't really directed to you, just using your comment to illustrate that the warnings about a random core start is not noticeable enough. The main plot of Starsector does not have a randomized core so, if you randomize it, the plot cannot work, sorry.

sureok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: April 24, 2021, 10:48:43 AM »

It wasn't really directed to you, just using your comment to illustrate that the warnings about a random core start is not noticeable enough. The main plot of Starsector does not have a randomized core so, if you randomize it, the plot cannot work, sorry.
Can I play the vanilla game plot normally if I don't randomize the core worlds? I tried starting a new game as vanilla as I could but Galatia Academy wasn't there, either.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3729 on: April 24, 2021, 05:28:00 PM »

It wasn't really directed to you, just using your comment to illustrate that the warnings about a random core start is not noticeable enough. The main plot of Starsector does not have a randomized core so, if you randomize it, the plot cannot work, sorry.
Can I play the vanilla game plot normally if I don't randomize the core worlds? I tried starting a new game as vanilla as I could but Galatia Academy wasn't there, either.
In vanilla and Nex non-random sector the Academy will be orbiting Pontus in the Galatia system (it doesn't appear in the jump point tooltips or the screen that shows the planet icons in a row, but should be readily visible in the system map).

The Academy storyline doesn't work in random sector, since it relies on the specific vanilla core worlds that don't exist here. Maybe I'll add a warning about it.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: April 24, 2021, 05:33:15 PM »

The Academy storyline doesn't work in random sector, since it relies on the specific vanilla core worlds that don't exist here. Maybe I'll add a warning about it.
I think you should and make it big. Else this thread is going to have endless 'bug reports' saying the same thing... multiple times.

ThePinkPanzer

• Commander
  • Professional accidentaly rude person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: April 24, 2021, 07:11:22 PM »

I think you should and make it big. Else this thread is going to have endless 'bug reports' saying the same thing... multiple times.
Can you claim to be a modder if you don't deal with that? It's a universal constant across all games and planets.

DrKaczka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: April 25, 2021, 01:06:00 AM »

Is there a way to offer peace to another faction you are at war with? im sick of paying for saturation bombardment bribes

Audun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: April 25, 2021, 06:24:06 AM »

I think I found a compatibility bug between Nex and Seeker: Unknown Contact. The game crashed immediately after defeating Rampage, a ship belonging to the Plague Bearer faction added by SUC.

It happened when I beat it the old-fashioned way, so I reloaded the game and killed it with console commands. Same result. Here is the log:

Code
75161 [Thread-3] INFO  org.lazywizard.console.Console  - > NUKE
75183 [Thread-3] INFO  org.lazywizard.console.Console  - All enemy ships destroyed.
78977 [Thread-3] INFO  org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin  - Too late for intro message: 8.388709
81703 [Thread-3] WARN  exerelin.utilities.NexConfig  - Faction config plague not found, using default
81703 [Thread-3] WARN  exerelin.utilities.NexConfig  - Faction config plague not found, using default
81704 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - No alliance vote for hegemony
81704 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - == Vote for war with plague ==
81706 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin (data/config/exerelin/factionTraits.json)]
81707 [Thread-3] WARN  exerelin.utilities.NexConfig  - Faction config plague not found, using default
81707 [Thread-3] WARN  exerelin.utilities.NexConfig  - Faction config plague not found, using default
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Luddic Church votes: YES
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Total points: 6463.4263
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Base points: 75.0
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Friend disposition: 146.29213
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Other disposition: 12.5
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Other alliance disposition: -0.0
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Strength points: 6250.0
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Hawk/dove points: 0.0
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - War weariness points: -7.702841
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Random points: -12.662941
81708 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Final vote: true (2 to 0)
81708 [Thread-3] WARN  exerelin.utilities.NexConfig  - Faction config plague not found, using default
81708 [Thread-3] WARN  exerelin.utilities.NexConfig  - Faction config plague not found, using default
82135 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.lootWeapons(FleetEncounterContext.java:2478)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.generatePlayerLoot(FleetEncounterContext.java:2083)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.generateLoot(FleetEncounterContext.java:2051)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2142)
at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:279)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.goToEncounterEndPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1834)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.updateMainState(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2423)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:784)
at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:69)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.prepare(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

At first I thought it was related to faction interaction, so I tried resigning my Hegemony commission before the fight, but the result was the same:

Code
86134 [Thread-3] INFO  org.lazywizard.console.Console  - > nuke
86155 [Thread-3] INFO  org.lazywizard.console.Console  - All enemy ships destroyed.
89419 [Thread-3] INFO  org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin  - Too late for intro message: 8.1553755
93163 [Thread-3] WARN  exerelin.utilities.NexConfig  - Faction config plague not found, using default
93163 [Thread-3] WARN  exerelin.utilities.NexConfig  - Faction config plague not found, using default
93716 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.lootWeapons(FleetEncounterContext.java:2478)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.generatePlayerLoot(FleetEncounterContext.java:2083)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.generateLoot(FleetEncounterContext.java:2051)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2142)
at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:279)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.goToEncounterEndPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1834)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.updateMainState(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2423)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:784)
at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:69)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.prepare(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyway, maybe I should be posting this on the SUC thread instead--not sure.

Regardless, Nex is a great mod! Thanks for making it!

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: April 25, 2021, 02:47:51 PM »

Why can't I help out these Independents with a colony?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 398