Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3042422 times)

Lonewolf187

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.8b "Job Specialization" (hotfix 2021-02-11)
« Reply #3480 on: March 06, 2021, 10:42:28 PM »

Is there a setting I can change in the config to stop the Ai from colonizing new worlds?

Mach56

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: March 07, 2021, 12:52:20 AM »

Is there a setting I can change in the config to stop the Ai from colonizing new worlds?
In exerelin_config.json, change the value at "colonyExpeditionInterval" to something like 9 9's. That should stop the AI from sending colony expeditions for quite a while.

GlenSkunk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: March 09, 2021, 04:57:30 AM »

Running into a bit of an odd error when I try to get the game started with Nexerlin and a lot of mods. It's been a fair while since I last played Starsector - about a year I think? It's possible I'm running way too many mods but when I try to get started, I get this error right before the game can load into the menu:

Spoiler
53307 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.OO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Is this a specific problem with Nexerlin, did I install it all wrong, or is another mod I'm running interfering somehow?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3483 on: March 09, 2021, 06:31:46 PM »

They did leave, but it was a size 3 colony and Starfarer mode was not enabled. Unfortunately I think I already overwrote that save.
So I checked it later and found that it is indeed bugged (the check technically works, but the decision is already made before it runs). Fixed for next version, thanks for reporting!

Running into a bit of an odd error when I try to get the game started with Nexerlin and a lot of mods. It's been a fair while since I last played Starsector - about a year I think? It's possible I'm running way too many mods but when I try to get started, I get this error right before the game can load into the menu:

Spoiler
53307 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to find script of class [exerelin.plugins.NexCoreLifecyclePlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.OO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Is this a specific problem with Nexerlin, did I install it all wrong, or is another mod I'm running interfering somehow?
Make sure you have LazyLib running (and GraphicsLib and MagicLib, since the other mods will want them as well).
Other than that, it's possible one of the mods in circulation was incorrectly compiled, so try disabling them one by one (start with any that aren't well known) to see if one of them is causing it.

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: March 16, 2021, 11:13:54 AM »

hello there!
can I change the size of markets I can purchase from 4 to 7??

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3485 on: March 17, 2021, 06:00:33 PM »

hello there!
can I change the size of markets I can purchase from 4 to 7??
Hello!

The size limit is still hardcoded currently, but you can disable the size/relationship check completely in Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv.
(comment out the nex_buyColonyOptionDisable row with a # at the start of the first cell)

Also the size restriction is lifted completely if you captured the market personally within the past 60 days.

Reviire

• Ensign
  • Remi, Remi, my Kingdom for Remi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: March 18, 2021, 04:08:32 AM »

Mining EXP is FAR too high for how easy it is. Getting some money from mining and getting a decent fleet going nets you 8-15k exp per day. I'd recommend some form of diminishing returns and have the cap of exp somewhere around 5-6k.

Also, all types of mining aside from asteroid mining seem... non-viable. Perhaps i'm missing something, but the risk related seems to nearly guarantee you won't make money from planet mining, and then coupled with resource exhaustion, you get to do it once for marginally better gains than an asteroid gives you.

Honestly tho i think mining would best do with a rework to increase player engagement and make it a bit more interesting. Like, exploration and salvaging are pretty engaging.

EDIT: There also seems to be an issue with the Derelict Empire start. The Derelict worlds, even size 7 military worlds, produce very small fleets and are generally crushed by even the smallest of colonies.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 08:26:47 PM by Reviire »

Quote from: Gizogin on 17-03-2012, 14:59:01
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

GhostReconZB

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: March 21, 2021, 08:18:42 AM »

Is it possible to add a configuration for the mod to not overwriting the core sector system file?
I tried to add some planets to the core sector by adding codes to the java files in script/world/system (forgive me my coding knowledge limit myself to these simple 'modding')
But it got overwritten by the same files in NerexelinCore.jar and since I don't know how to work with .jar file, I'm kind of at the end of the road here.
It would be great for the mod to not overwriting these system files or maybe move the scripts out from the .jar for better accessing?

PS: Nerexelin is one of the best mod I have ever played with! Great Work!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3488 on: March 23, 2021, 06:48:38 AM »

Mining EXP is FAR too high for how easy it is. Getting some money from mining and getting a decent fleet going nets you 8-15k exp per day. I'd recommend some form of diminishing returns and have the cap of exp somewhere around 5-6k.

Also, all types of mining aside from asteroid mining seem... non-viable. Perhaps i'm missing something, but the risk related seems to nearly guarantee you won't make money from planet mining, and then coupled with resource exhaustion, you get to do it once for marginally better gains than an asteroid gives you.

Honestly tho i think mining would best do with a rework to increase player engagement and make it a bit more interesting. Like, exploration and salvaging are pretty engaging.
I can make mining XP scale less with mining power/output, and make the mining danger scale more slowly with planet hazard rating (current plan is to make the danger be 0.5x (hazard-100%), instead of the current 1.0x).

For making it more interesting, modder MesoTroniK helpfully provided the idea of attracting certain unfriendly parties when mining in one place for a while. It won't be in the next version, but I think I'll move it up my todo list a bit :)

EDIT: There also seems to be an issue with the Derelict Empire start. The Derelict worlds, even size 7 military worlds, produce very small fleets and are generally crushed by even the smallest of colonies.
They're small in part because of their faction doctrine (3-1-1 officer quality - ship quality - more ships). I'm not sure I currently want to create a new faction for them just for this, though, especially since the idea is for the normal factions to quickly displace the derelicts. Well, if other people want their fleets to be bigger, I'll see what I can do.

Is it possible to add a configuration for the mod to not overwriting the core sector system file?
I tried to add some planets to the core sector by adding codes to the java files in script/world/system (forgive me my coding knowledge limit myself to these simple 'modding')
But it got overwritten by the same files in NerexelinCore.jar and since I don't know how to work with .jar file, I'm kind of at the end of the road here.
It would be great for the mod to not overwriting these system files or maybe move the scripts out from the .jar for better accessing?

Hello and thanks!
It's not currently possible for me to use the base game scripts instead of the ones in the .jar, but I'll see what I can do to fix this.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: March 23, 2021, 07:56:18 AM »

For making it more interesting, modder MesoTroniK helpfully provided the idea of attracting certain unfriendly parties when mining in one place for a while. It won't be in the next version, but I think I'll move it up my todo list a bit :)

That sounds great. Keep mining in a spot if you're ready to fight pirates or move around to avoid trouble. This would synergize well with detection mechanics in asteroid belts/rings.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Reviire

• Ensign
  • Remi, Remi, my Kingdom for Remi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: March 24, 2021, 12:36:33 AM »

I can make mining XP scale less with mining power/output, and make the mining danger scale more slowly with planet hazard rating (current plan is to make the danger be 0.5x (hazard-100%), instead of the current 1.0x).

They're small in part because of their faction doctrine (3-1-1 officer quality - ship quality - more ships). I'm not sure I currently want to create a new faction for them just for this, though, especially since the idea is for the normal factions to quickly displace the derelicts. Well, if other people want their fleets to be bigger, I'll see what I can do.

Hello and thanks!
It's not currently possible for me to use the base game scripts instead of the ones in the .jar, but I'll see what I can do to fix this.
That's very good to hear. Although even so, I think resource exhaustion would still make it very close to non-viable.
I'd like to present a suggestion to let it tie in with exploration more. Make resource exhaustion become less of an issue the further you get away from the core worlds, so it requires more logistics and has a higher risk associated with it, since, well, you're very far away. Any additional dangers you think of adding would be compounded by you being quite far away from any quick help.

EDIT: Also RE the derelict faction, I think it'd be pretty cool to have an entirely new faction. The start was very interesting in theory, and having variants that pit the remnants of humanity against a massive derelict threat would be cool. A few human-only core worlds, with the frontlines being a mix of derelict and human, and everything else being purely derelict.

On that note, are there any other custom starts planned, or added by other mods? It's a cool feature and i'd like to get some more use out of it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 09:44:44 PM by Reviire »

Quote from: Gizogin on 17-03-2012, 14:59:01
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3491 on: March 26, 2021, 06:23:44 AM »

EDIT: Also RE the derelict faction, I think it'd be pretty cool to have an entirely new faction. The start was very interesting in theory, and having variants that pit the remnants of humanity against a massive derelict threat would be cool. A few human-only core worlds, with the frontlines being a mix of derelict and human, and everything else being purely derelict.

On that note, are there any other custom starts planned, or added by other mods? It's a cool feature and i'd like to get some more use out of it.
I once had an idea for a version of the Derelict Empire start except it was Remnants. Probably too hard for the human factions, but something in between (currently thinking of the Domain Resurgent in HMI, or just modified derelicts) might appear in a future version.

Don't think anyone has made any custom scenarios yet. It's a bit involved, and needs thinking up good scenarios that are interesting to play.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: March 26, 2021, 07:25:16 AM »

Will there be a "monetary support" mechanic for Nex? I realized that flooding a faction market with a billion of marines can make them go wild and invade everyone they don't like. I think some similar mechanic, but with money instead. For example, I don't have time to deal with the Legio Infernalis expansionist empire, so I pay so much money to Brighton who also hate Legio Infernalis very much to invade and raid them instead doing it myself. but i have no control over it, they probably will invade Sindrian Diktat instead.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3493 on: March 26, 2021, 06:54:35 PM »

Notes on release
I was considering pushing out the final pre-0.95 update to Nex this morning, but 0.95 came out first.

Luddics still on the old version can get the newest beta version, which I have uploaded here (it's the same as the 20 March beta on Discord but with a few fixes and changes). Changelog

Nexerelin will require more changing for 0.95 than most mods, and I want to get in my gaming fun too, so don't expect even a preliminary re-release any time soon ;)

Will there be a "monetary support" mechanic for Nex? I realized that flooding a faction market with a billion of marines can make them go wild and invade everyone they don't like. I think some similar mechanic, but with money instead. For example, I don't have time to deal with the Legio Infernalis expansionist empire, so I pay so much money to Brighton who also hate Legio Infernalis very much to invade and raid them instead doing it myself. but i have no control over it, they probably will invade Sindrian Diktat instead.
I don't think most factions would accept outside control of their invasion targeting just for money, but some might, and I could tie it in to contacts. I'll write something down.

bamzooki2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: March 27, 2021, 06:31:11 AM »

Nexerelin will require more changing for 0.95 than most mods, and I want to get in my gaming fun too, so don't expect even a preliminary re-release any time soon ;)

Fun? WE DON'T PAY YOU TO HAVE FUN!

More seriously, I doubt you could change the mod properly without experiencing the new update anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 398