Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 394

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3000503 times)

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5g "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-01)
« Reply #2745 on: December 13, 2019, 04:20:43 PM »

Honestly?  The church using cores they stole makes perfect sense because religious zealots DON'T MAKE SENSE.  They make CONVERTS who DON'T QUESTION THEIR FAITH.

Now GET BACK TO CRUSADING. >:(

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 13, 2019, 05:11:55 PM »

Zealots or not, they have to be consistent with their own narratives and motivations. It makes sense for Tri-Tach to use AI cores, hell, maybe even Hegemony, since it fits with them trying to be dominant over the sector, but not the Luddic Church or Path. The whole idea behind factions is that they have different ideologies, motives, and technologies to deal with whatever they face in the Sector.

Honestly?  The church using cores they stole makes perfect sense because religious zealots DON'T MAKE SENSE.  They make CONVERTS who DON'T QUESTION THEIR FAITH.

Now GET BACK TO CRUSADING. >:(

EDIT

By the way, had a thing happen to me where I was nonhostile to Hegemony and they were gonna do an AI inspection. Bribed them. Then later on they declare war on me. Next thing I know is they confiscated 13 Alpha cores. Declaring the war happened shortly before the inspection arrived, didn't seem to refund the 1 mil of bribes, yet it doesn't seem like my colony was resisting the inspection (generally, it's impenetrable to almost anything, since I have alpha cores plugged into heavy batteries and planetary shield, as well as max admin skills). Upon reloading the save prior to inspection arrival and them declaring war on me, it shows that the inspection forces are outmatched. Basically, if hegemony declares war on you just the moment before an inspection that you've bribed off, it seems like, instead of resisting, your colony complies with the inspection. Every other time they visited that colony, they weren't able to take anything.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 01:49:17 PM by xucthclu »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2747 on: December 15, 2019, 02:16:42 AM »

Has anyone experienced an issue where invasion intel items aren't being cleared after success (they stay at the stage where the invasion fleets defend the target forever?)
I've prepared a hotfix for that, let me know if it works.

Edit: Is there any way to tweak blueprint drops from raids? It's gotten a tad ridiculous, fighting a star fortress and then wasting tons of fuel on bordbardment, only to get a blueprint for a weapon, and a lot of the time these are already known. So far, exploration has been way more valuable in obtaining blueprints. I've literally not once seen a capital bp drop from raids, cruisers, tops.
The number of blueprints dropping in a raid is hardcoded (same as vanilla).
Although you can go into settings.json to remove the blueprint raid cooldown (nex_raidBPCooldown) and then raid the target repeatedly to get more blueprints, at least.

By the way, had a thing happen to me where I was nonhostile to Hegemony and they were gonna do an AI inspection. Bribed them. Then later on they declare war on me. Next thing I know is they confiscated 13 Alpha cores. Declaring the war happened shortly before the inspection arrived, didn't seem to refund the 1 mil of bribes, yet it doesn't seem like my colony was resisting the inspection (generally, it's impenetrable to almost anything, since I have alpha cores plugged into heavy batteries and planetary shield, as well as max admin skills). Upon reloading the save prior to inspection arrival and them declaring war on me, it shows that the inspection forces are outmatched. Basically, if hegemony declares war on you just the moment before an inspection that you've bribed off, it seems like, instead of resisting, your colony complies with the inspection. Every other time they visited that colony, they weren't able to take anything.
Yeah, the inspection event doesn't handle faction hostile/not hostile state changes properly right now. I expect I'll fix it in the next major release.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5g "Corporate Warfare" (+hotfix 2019-12-15)
« Reply #2748 on: December 16, 2019, 05:28:19 AM »

Actually, looking at the vanilla inspection code, it already does the usual attacker vs. defender strength comparison if Hegemony is hostile to player at the autoresolve moment (regardless of what the original orders were). So I'm not sure what's going on.

...When you say the inspection forces were outmatched, was this for space, ground or both? If the inspection fleet loses the space fight it doesn't get any cores, but if they win that then they have a chance of taking each core (rolled individually) equal to their raid mult (the percentage strength figure you see in the raid dialog). Although it should be pretty hard even then if there's heavy batteries and a planetary shield with alpha cores.

I've encountered inspections taking cores against strong ground defenses before, back in vanilla 0.9; this may be worth looking further into.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: December 16, 2019, 01:09:17 PM »

Oh, thanks, I tweaked my setting to drop blueprints once per month.

I think definitely for ground, but the space ones were probably superior. Still, whenever they tried to inspect that planet, they have always failed, and then, suddenly, they managed to get all 13 cores, which seemed very odd.

reapermonkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: December 16, 2019, 07:15:37 PM »

pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb question that has already been answered:

has the stats on salvaging ships changed?  i have fought about 5 fleets with capitols ( one fleet had 2 astrals for example) and found about 3 legions and some other battleships i cannot remember the name of.  however i could only salvage 1 legion from all the encounters

i already maxed my salvage skills and i have one salvage rig in my fleet.  would more help? 

i have been trying to find an answer in this forum but with nearly 200 pages i have not had any luck

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2751 on: December 17, 2019, 06:20:49 AM »

Nex doesn't change ship salvaging.

After a battle, you only get as many ships available to choose for salvage as you have free slots in your fleet (default maximum number of ships is 30), so that may be what you're seeing. I recommend going into [starsector-core]/data/config/settings.json and changing maxShipsInFleet to a larger value; I set mine to 999.

reapermonkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: December 18, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »

Nex doesn't change ship salvaging.

After a battle, you only get as many ships available to choose for salvage as you have free slots in your fleet (default maximum number of ships is 30), so that may be what you're seeing. I recommend going into [starsector-core]/data/config/settings.json and changing maxShipsInFleet to a larger value; I set mine to 999.

thank you.  after a while i may have just been having bad RNG because the times in question i only had 15 ships. now that i have done a  lot more battles my spread of recoverable ships has become more normal. i did put my fleet size up to 300 though 

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: December 18, 2019, 11:02:50 AM »

I'm not sure if Nex does anything to balance vanilla factions, but I really think tritach could use a buff. In particular, culan is too small to defend itself properly and always seems to get captured. Once tt loses their only heavy industry, they are gimped for the rest of the game. TT really need either culan buffed so it can defend itself, or another large heavy industry world.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: December 19, 2019, 02:54:15 AM »

Something I noticed. Some NPC colonies seem to not max out their industries. They will have 3/4 or even 2/4 industries at times and not seem too keen on building any more. Is this intentional?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2755 on: December 19, 2019, 05:28:18 AM »

I'm not sure if Nex does anything to balance vanilla factions, but I really think tritach could use a buff. In particular, culan is too small to defend itself properly and always seems to get captured. Once tt loses their only heavy industry, they are gimped for the rest of the game. TT really need either culan buffed so it can defend itself, or another large heavy industry world.
In the latest version (with the "useEnhancedCoreWorlds" setting) Culann and Eochu Bres's stations both have alpha cores. If people find that's not enough, I may need to think of something else.

Something I noticed. Some NPC colonies seem to not max out their industries. They will have 3/4 or even 2/4 industries at times and not seem too keen on building any more. Is this intentional?
It's working as intended, yeah. NPC colonies in vanilla sector often have unused industry slots (Nex only changes this slightly), and in random sector (or when a colony upsizes) Nex can make the colony decide not to build any industry when it could do so. This is intended as a small thing to increase variety a bit, pretty much.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: December 19, 2019, 10:46:46 AM »

Aight. Another question (I know I've tons of them, but I just try to make things as clear as possible to me all the while trying out different mods and making a list of which to keep and which not).

Does Nex prevent pirate or luddic path bases from spawning once all their colonies are destroyed? I was quite certain Nex didn't do this, but in another thread over at General Discussions, someone mentioned that it does, so I'd like to clear that up.

bopeepatehersheep

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: December 19, 2019, 11:26:23 AM »

Does Nex prevent pirate or luddic path bases from spawning once all their colonies are destroyed? I was quite certain Nex didn't do this, but in another thread over at General Discussions, someone mentioned that it does, so I'd like to clear that up.

I know Vayra's sector does this.  I don't think Nex does.

reapermonkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: December 19, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »

a question about getting blueprints from the prism port: since i need to get points by trading in other blueprints what is the restrictions on trade?

can i only trade in blue prints the outpost doe NOT already have?

and if i do a "request" fleet towards a juicy target (aka military 7 hegemony) do i have any chance at getting blueprints from that kind of raid

basically i want to get as many good blueprints as possible so i can make the best fleets

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2759 on: December 20, 2019, 01:27:28 AM »

One last set of fixes. This mostly just integrates the previous hotfix jar into the main download, so if you already have that you don't need to download this version.

Nexerelin v0.9.5h
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.5h
* Brawl mode fixes/tweaks
    * Default size mult range 1.5-3 (was 2-4)
    * 25% size increase applied to fleets in brawl mode doesn't stack with random chance for 50% larger fleets
    * Fix brawl mode causing too-long delays between invasions/raids
* NPC colonies should start building new structures immediately after upsizing (previously they had to wait up to 3 days for the next periodic check)
* Fix invasion wait stage (defending market after successful capture) lasting forever
* Fix outposts generating income
* Failsafe for crash due to null thirdFaction in raise/lower relations
* Attempt to fix incorrect fleet counts given in invasion/raid intel
[close]

a question about getting blueprints from the prism port: since i need to get points by trading in other blueprints what is the restrictions on trade?

can i only trade in blue prints the outpost doe NOT already have?

and if i do a "request" fleet towards a juicy target (aka military 7 hegemony) do i have any chance at getting blueprints from that kind of raid

basically i want to get as many good blueprints as possible so i can make the best fleets
- No (although in the future I may reduce the price paid for repeat blueprints)
- No, you have to personally do the raid/invasion to get blueprints
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 394