Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013054 times)

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5c "Corporate Warfare" (update 2019-10-20)
« Reply #2625 on: October 21, 2019, 05:59:05 AM »

First I want to say how amazing this mod is. Its beyond a mod and more of an expansion of StarSector. Why mining isnt normally apart of StarSector I dont know. Hopefully eventually it will be. However I am dealing with a problem, from what I have read many people experience as well. Lag. I know there is no 'fix' otherwise I would have found it or it wouldnt be an issue. After reading a lot, its obvious that its AI calculations. Enough fleets deciding on what to do next based in real time is going to slow down any system. My question is, are there are tips or other AI behavior mods that are Nex compatible? Or a NexLite version where is has everything except mass warfare between factions? My comp can handle it all until a system gets invaded and then its downhill from there. When an invasion happens, I dont fear the fleets...I fear the lag.

Thanks again for your hard work on this amazing mod!
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: October 21, 2019, 08:04:27 AM »

First I want to say how amazing this mod is. Its beyond a mod and more of an expansion of StarSector. Why mining isnt normally apart of StarSector I dont know. Hopefully eventually it will be. However I am dealing with a problem, from what I have read many people experience as well. Lag. I know there is no 'fix' otherwise I would have found it or it wouldnt be an issue. After reading a lot, its obvious that its AI calculations. Enough fleets deciding on what to do next based in real time is going to slow down any system. My question is, are there are tips or other AI behavior mods that are Nex compatible? Or a NexLite version where is has everything except mass warfare between factions? My comp can handle it all until a system gets invaded and then its downhill from there. When an invasion happens, I dont fear the fleets...I fear the lag.

Do you have Prism Freeport enabled? I find that it can be quite the source of lag.

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: October 21, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »

I do have quite a bit of mods lol, I am pretty new to Star Sector but from what I've been reading its the faction mods that do a lot right? Adding in a ton of extra AI calculations to the map? I just removed NeutrinoCorp and Blackrock Drive Yards. Sad about the Blackrock Drive Yards though but they kept bullying Scy into extinction lol. Which are my fav faction mod, although in desperate need of a little ship buff around the board in my opinion.

My mod load order is

"$$$_lightshow",
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "Another Portrait Pack -ReWork-",
  "automatic-orders",
  "lw_autosave",
  "CAS", (Combat Alarm Sounds)
  "chatter",
  "lw_radar", (Common Radar)
  "diableavionics",
  "DisassembleReassemble",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "ZGrand Sector",
  "junk_pirates_release",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "MagicLib",
  "nexerelin",
  "SCY",
  "swp", (Starship Weapon Pack)
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "tahlan",
  "US", (Unknown Skies)
  "URW", (Upgraded Rotary Weapons)
  "vayrashippack",
  "toggleWeapons",
  "audio_plus",
  "shaderLib"
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

Punisher30

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: October 21, 2019, 03:14:48 PM »

So after deleting the previous version and installing this version, the saves becomes incompatible. So now I have to start from scratch? Days gone down the drain. Had 4 planets working on my 5th. Had a powerful fleet that took me days to build up. Are we going to have to start a new game for every new version?

DornoDiosMio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: October 21, 2019, 08:32:09 PM »

I first grabbed 0.94c, then I noticed version checker said the mod was updated. So I opened the main thread page and see 0.95c and the "hotfix".

Do I still need to use the hotfix with 0.95c or is it redundant now? I tried to check the hotfix's file date, but my computer just dates the files with the time I dl'd them.

I didn't start a game yet, was just messing around with things so I'm glad version checker let me know about this new version!

Thanks a lot! I haven't played this game in quite a while (2-3 years?) so there is SO much new stuff to learn. Nice to see some of my favorite factions are still updated, like Shadowyards and Blackrock among others.

EDIT: I found the file date of the hotfix by saving it from your dropbox to my dropbox account and the hotfix was updated yesterday at 7:40am, so obviously it has been updated recently and is still intended to be used. I'm guessing there is a reason that some people would prefer NOT to use the hotfix and thus it isn't included with the mod by default.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:04:46 PM by DornoDiosMio »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: October 22, 2019, 03:55:29 AM »

*snip*

For me, Unknown Skies was causing massive lag spikes for some reason. A pity.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2631 on: October 22, 2019, 04:53:53 AM »

So after deleting the previous version and installing this version, the saves becomes incompatible. So now I have to start from scratch? Days gone down the drain. Had 4 planets working on my 5th. Had a powerful fleet that took me days to build up. Are we going to have to start a new game for every new version?
It should work with your old saves. Does your game crash on load, and if so what does the error message in starsector.log say?

I first grabbed 0.94c, then I noticed version checker said the mod was updated. So I opened the main thread page and see 0.95c and the "hotfix".

Do I still need to use the hotfix with 0.95c or is it redundant now? I tried to check the hotfix's file date, but my computer just dates the files with the time I dl'd them.

I didn't start a game yet, was just messing around with things so I'm glad version checker let me know about this new version!

Thanks a lot! I haven't played this game in quite a while (2-3 years?) so there is SO much new stuff to learn. Nice to see some of my favorite factions are still updated, like Shadowyards and Blackrock among others.

EDIT: I found the file date of the hotfix by saving it from your dropbox to my dropbox account and the hotfix was updated yesterday at 7:40am, so obviously it has been updated recently and is still intended to be used. I'm guessing there is a reason that some people would prefer NOT to use the hotfix and thus it isn't included with the mod by default.
Yeah, I only put up hotfixes for the currently released version. This happens when there's a mildly serious bug but I can't be bothered to spend the time packaging a new formal release just yet (especially if more bugs might come in later).

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: October 22, 2019, 06:09:22 AM »

Do you have Prism Freeport enabled? I find that it can be quite the source of lag.

I just realized Prism Freeport is that Independent starbase in the Scy system. So yea I have that in there. I didnt know there was an option to disable it. I thought it just came with Scy. How do you disable it?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: October 22, 2019, 07:16:55 AM »

How do I find out how many agents I can hire (and what affects it)?

I just realized Prism Freeport is that Independent starbase in the Scy system. So yea I have that in there. I didnt know there was an option to disable it. I thought it just came with Scy. How do you disable it?
I wouldn't know, I'm afraid. I don't use Scy so it's just a Nex option for me.
Although in my case the lag tended to be because it was in Hyperspace (presumably patrol fleets and whatnot pathing the entire map), so being in it's own system it shouldn't be a problem.

code99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: October 22, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »

Hey does this mod change player owned planets in any way?

I dont like how they work in vanilla and was wondering if thsi changes things in any way. Also couldnt find a detailed feature list, i apologize if it exists.

Thermi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: October 22, 2019, 08:04:36 AM »

Here's a new bug report:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper.getCompetitionFactor(EconomyInfoHelper.java:326)
        at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.updateDispositionFromTraits(DiplomacyBrain.java:339)
        at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.updateDisposition(DiplomacyBrain.java:435)
        at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.getDisposition(DiplomacyBrain.java:147)
        at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.updateDisposition(DiplomacyBrain.java:390)
        at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.updateAllDispositions(DiplomacyBrain.java:457)
        at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.update(DiplomacyBrain.java:881)
        at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.advance(DiplomacyBrain.java:902)
        at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.advance(DiplomacyManager.java:802)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

P.S.: For me, faction disabling also doesn't work.

DornoDiosMio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: October 22, 2019, 02:36:38 PM »

P.S.: For me, faction disabling also doesn't work.

You can only disable factions via the startup menu when you choose the option to randomly generate planets/systems, whatever the name of that specific option is.

Then once you have the random generation toggled on and you try to disable/enable factions you will get a list and be able to choose which ones you do or do not want.

If you don't use randomization then all the factions are included and that can not be changed apparently. You could of course disable that particular faction mod if it's a modded faction.

Edit: This is just a guess that you haven't tried to disable factions when turning randomization on. If you have then there is some kind of error that you will need assistance with.

I just figured you might have made the same mistake I did at first when I tried to disable factions w/o using randomization.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 03:08:35 PM by DornoDiosMio »

Chazn2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: October 22, 2019, 04:08:52 PM »

Code
471489 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.campaign.econ.EconomyInfoHelper.getCompetitionFactor(EconomyInfoHelper.java:326)
at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.updateDispositionFromTraits(DiplomacyBrain.java:339)
at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.updateDisposition(DiplomacyBrain.java:435)
at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.getDisposition(DiplomacyBrain.java:147)
at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.updateDisposition(DiplomacyBrain.java:390)
at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.updateAllDispositions(DiplomacyBrain.java:457)
at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.update(DiplomacyBrain.java:881)
at exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain.advance(DiplomacyBrain.java:902)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.advance(DiplomacyManager.java:802)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

puffzor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: October 23, 2019, 10:33:06 PM »

About the "raids only drop blueprints once" setting - does the default setting have a cooldown, or is it only once EVER?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5d "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-10-24)
« Reply #2639 on: October 24, 2019, 05:36:08 AM »

Thanks for the bug reports, here's an official fix release:

Nexerelin v0.9.5d
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.5d
* Anti-savescum for raid loot
* Reorder colony official interaction dialog options
* Fix EconomyInfoHelper crashes
* Fix saturation bombardment event crash
* Fix disruption missions not timing out
* Turn off officer max level check
[close]

(I better not find out about more bugs tomorrow grumble grumble)

Hey does this mod change player owned planets in any way?

I dont like how they work in vanilla and was wondering if thsi changes things in any way. Also couldnt find a detailed feature list, i apologize if it exists.
No specific feature list, sorry! (Maybe in the future)

It does add some new features to player planets (notably gifting to other factions; granting autonomy; bonus admins with empire size; new tools to get rid of pirate activity and Pather cells; and perhaps some other stuff I can't remember right now). Do you have any particular issue with the planet mechanics that you want to know if it's fixed?

About the "raids only drop blueprints once" setting - does the default setting have a cooldown, or is it only once EVER?
Each blueprint will only appear in a raid once ever (no matter where or when the raid takes place). But the raid will always drop at least one blueprint if it passes the roll, unless there are no more blueprints left to learn from that faction.
(This is separate from the cooldown for being able to get any blueprints in a raid, which is per-colony)

How do I find out how many agents I can hire (and what affects it)?
maxAgents in exerelin_config.json (not displayed anywhere ingame :()
Command & Control 2 adds 1 max agent.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 396