Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Revamping Older Mods  (Read 1910 times)

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Revamping Older Mods
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »

So Query: Is it okay for me to go around updating older mods to new versions? (Aka mods like Project Caelus)

Reasons: Great mods that have fallen into disrepair are so sad  :'( plus it would be great practice for me to get with the system here!
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Revamping Older Mods
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:13:34 AM »

Only if you have the authorization from the mod's author.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:19:24 AM »

Hi Jay,

People usually prefer you don't just do it and you ask first. If you need to contact old members, let me know who and I'll try and get them for you.

As for any of my old mods, send me a message if you wanted to update one and I'll give all files and help as best I can too :)
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 07:25:32 PM »

Hi Jay,

People usually prefer you don't just do it and you ask first. If you need to contact old members, let me know who and I'll try and get them for you.

As for any of my old mods, send me a message if you wanted to update one and I'll give all files and help as best I can too :)

Kay then, case closed!
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan