Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help how to allocate more memory >2GB cuz it wont let me  (Read 15999 times)

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Help how to allocate more memory >2GB cuz it wont let me
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 05:48:20 PM »

then why is skyrim modding so successfully popular compared to starsector modding? LOLZ
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »

Heh, that response is priceless man. It cannot even be replied to as it does not make any sense, do what you will but if you want mods play the newest stuff :)

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 05:58:15 PM »

DO U KNOW HOW *** I AM AT VANILLA SS!?!?!?!?
EXERELIN IS THE ONLY MOD I WOULD CONSIDER!!!!!
AHHH!

RAGE!!!

ok so yeah thats all i can say. I play two games right now and only two:
MODDED SS
and
modded Star Wars battlefront II
therefore if one is bad I go to the other but Ive exhausted both of them which is why Im anxious for summer 2015 video game releases for ps4 and also updates of exerelin and its faction mods
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 06:01:34 PM »

You are on your own when using old versions of mods, it is likely that the faction that is crashing is one that was abandoned by the author anyways.

Have you tried SS 0.65.2a and newer mods? A lot has changed and while I did enjoy Exerelin quite a bit it is on hiatus for the time being...

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 06:13:23 PM »

until histidine fixes it! Did u not hear of THAT?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 06:23:01 PM »

Calm down gruberscomplete.

I hope to release my Exerelin fork next weekend. Until then, try disabling some of the mods you're trying to play with (do a filename/text content search for the duplicate key and see if that turns up anything).

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 06:41:40 PM »

well good luck with your modding and stuff. Im gonna take a one week nap lol(not really).

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »

then why is skyrim modding so successfully popular compared to starsector modding? LOLZ
Why is Skyrim modding so popular compared to SS? You mean besides the obvious fact that SS is NOT *** FINISHED?!
Oh and that this is a "AAA" class game versus a goddess damn INDIE! You are basically comparing the sucess of a partially complete mom and pop store to the success of Walmart!
Let's not forget that that the team for SS is a three man op with one man doing 90+ percent of the work versus Skyrim's 100+ man team
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 07:50:35 AM »

Well, I had to disable 4-5 mods to get it to work, but it runs now and is kinda incredible!
I just hate how still your decisions don't matter, like you barely get a choice to do this or that. I mean, you should at least start from a rank of commander, after all, you are the one who sets up that first station. I'd love to have a mod that just combines, exerelin, vacuum, and uomoz's together and just enables you to do everything.

Like It would be great if those asteroid mining fleets actually gathered ore and brought it back to the station to turn into ships and other goods, and that I could choose what my station would be doing, what fleets are doing, which fleets are being constructed. I'd love to be able to mine and craft, to pillage tech from enemies and construct ships from tech and blueprints. It would be nice If you could just tell your faction who their allied with and hostile to, and that I would get rewarded with my actions by getting free ships and weapons.

I know that this is a little far, but I'd love to merge my fleet with allied NPC fleets, open the comm, say, 'hey, can I join?' and then just tell their fleet what to attack (but only for like a certain amount of days) And you can only control your ships in a battle, while allied fleet commands its own.

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 10:32:51 AM »

well what turned into a discussion thread became a modding thread.. and now no one will see it ... Anyway I knew why SS modding is less than skyrim modding even as I published it... I guess ill go play no mans sky ...

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 12:03:46 AM »

It's pretty gruesome of you to ever compare a Burger stand to a 5-star Restaurant all of a sudden.

Like most say in this thread, Starsector is an Incomplete, 2-D Top-down Space-Sandbox RPG.

To be fair, Starsector does have a Fleet Management system that makes Skyrim's Partner Follower system look like a Dating simulator.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:20:37 AM by Protonus »

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »

i can only say "lol" to that question...
Pages: 1 [2]