Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help how to allocate more memory >2GB cuz it wont let me  (Read 16085 times)

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
Help how to allocate more memory >2GB cuz it wont let me
« on: February 18, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »

Hi, I try to open vmparams but it doesn't start if I allocate anymore than 1 GB. I want to install SS+ but since I can't allocate 2GB It wont work for me.
This is in vmparams:
-server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=native\\windows -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;jinput.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=..\\saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=..\\screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=..\\mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher

I guess if you see that 1024 ? I try changing that to 2048 and Starsector doesn't even start.
Please Help!
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Help how to allocate more memory >2GB cuz it wont let me
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 02:09:43 PM »

Well I did all that and (using .65.2a) now it gives me errors like graphical resource not found and stuff:
Error loading [graphics/illustrations/urban02.jpg] resource, not found in [..starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
my log:
24718 [Thread-9] ERROR com.fs.graphics.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Error loading [graphics/weapons/missile_autoloader_1x_turret_base.png] resource, not found in [../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/weapons/missile_autoloader_1x_turret_base.png] resource, not found in [../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.Object.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.Object.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Actually most of my log looks like this -errors
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:14:41 PM by gruberscomplete »
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 02:22:15 PM »

I don't know then, although you'd probably be better off asking for help in that thread.

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »

I told you in your last thread about different methodes how to allocate more memory to java and what you need to do so. Check that again and before you follow any instructions deinstall the game and make a clean install, also check all the necessary programs first.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 04:57:39 AM »

Install 64bit java, then copy the JRE folder from the Java install location (JRE6, 7, or 8). Now go to the root folder of your Starsector install (.../Fractal Softworks/Starsector), delete the JRE folder there and paste the 64bit java version there, removing the number off the end of the folder so that it reads "jre" and not "jre7" or something similar. Now open vmparams and allocate more memory. If you do not have a 64bit system (which can be checked by opening Computer, r-clicking anywhere that's not one of your hard drives and checking properties or alternatively, Control Panel > System and Security > System), then you will not be able to use 64bit java and you will have great difficulty playing mods that recommend 2GB+ of memory allowance.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 12:29:09 PM »

If you do not have a 64bit system, then you will not be able to use 64bit java and you will have great difficulty playing mods that recommend 2GB+ of memory allowance.
Actually, as long as they don't use TOO many mods, especially heavy ones like II, you CAN use the default amount. I know this because I had to switch back to 32 bit java because of SS's CPU usage spiking and killing my FPS
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 03:11:40 AM »

I said you'll have difficulty, not that it will be impossible. For the longest time, I've been playing Starsector on a toaster, I know all too well the feeling of looking at the mod release forum and crossing off the mods that asked for a change in memory allowance. My little 32bit laptop with 3GB RAM was just no good for that stuff.

And you shouldn't need to switch back to 32bit. Just reset the allowances.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »

And you shouldn't need to switch back to 32bit. Just reset the allowances.
Nope, that doesn't work either. For some reason the 64 bit java allows SS to use both of my cores and maxes it out in the process

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 03:17:49 PM »

Well Ive been trying to mod exelerin with all of the mods in its list  and I'm getting errors with the game crashing during loading: JSONObject["contrailParticleSizeMult"] not found.
I know exelerin is .62a and ive installed .65.1a and .65.2a mods so is that why? Well i thought theyd work

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 05:24:15 PM »

JSONObject["contrailParticleSizeMult"] not found.

This is more on other mods instead of Exelerin, since the ContrailParticle, normally found in Ships and/or Projectiles, is involved. Implying that some mods that are not Exelerin have not been updated to 0.65.2a yet.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 06:26:22 AM »

Is there a way to know which mod is the broken one

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »

Is there a way to know which mod is the broken one
You have to use the same version mods and starsector. If you are using SS mods built for version 0.65 with exelerin, then you are gonna get an error

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »

Well, I thought I found a way to get 20 mods at once... so I downloaded a lot of the .62 exerelin mods from the mod repository and put them into my mods folder, without doing what it said to do. (I downloaded all the mods, chose the ones I wanted, copied and pasted into my mods folder). After doing 64 bit java in .62a SS, I can ONLY see mods installed when I run starsector.exe but not starsector.bat (I open .bat and choose mods then it says you have none installed...)

So what now?
Update: OK, I copied my mods from starsector/mods to starsector/starsector-core/mods and I can see them now, enabled all of them and when I run starsector.bat this happens:

Error: ... Duplicate key "pn_samaa-dsi"

my mods:

batavia
blackrock
bushi
citadel
dstech
exerelin
gedune
hiigaran descendatns
interstellar federation
junk pirates
laylib
mayorate
neutrino corp
nomads
ORI
p9 colony group
qualljom
shaderlib
shadow yards
syndicate
tore up plenty
valkyrians
vayra
vorg

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:47:06 PM by gruberscomplete »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 05:46:11 PM »

To be brutally honest here gruberscomplete, asking for support for prior versions of the game and mods is completely absurd.

We have not the time to offer fixes for old versions of things because the modders get paid nothing, and half the mods on that list you posted are abandoned!
Pages: [1] 2