Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Skill Changes, Part 2 (07/15/21)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.9.1a) Mod  (Read 210911 times)

Protonus

• Captain
  • The Nut. Yes, this one.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.9.1a) Mod
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2021, 10:07:37 AM »

Want to give an honest opinion about the mod, I kind of don't like the design/shading. Initially looked decent in the preview but after putting them inside the game, i feel like there is something lacking with this design, it doesn't match the game's aesthetics.

It isn't really in the resembling anywhere close to the locals. And I do have no idea how to put up a unique theme, other than having these hulls really do look like they came from a prefab factory. That or being stuck being a repainted, poorly kitbashed High-tech ships the faction used to have.

I like this faction, its the closest I can get to playing as a rampant AI.
Is there a way to get the big mobile station capital without using cheats/commands?

The Galalixia is a rare spawn for both the market and the fleet. Though, by sheer luck, you might even get a blueprint, through raids or some other means to get rare blueprint.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Brightness

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2021, 03:37:47 PM »

Lights need more depth, and maybe add more detail to any parts that are too "smooth", if you get my drift. Only a few tweaks, really.
Otherwise, very cool.

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2021, 06:19:00 PM »

Two things.

First one is a bug. Oculian took a planet (Nex) at some point and as I visited the planet and no music played. Felt rather eerie honestly. I'll report to you if this applies to their own planets as well and then see what might be causing the bother.

Next thing. I want to say, I absolutely adore this mod and it's contents. I'm playing a free start nex run with way too many faction mods and other utility mods added in and all the smaller oculian details I keep seeing absolutely adore me. I love the fact the faction itself is a rampant AI that want's to mass produce cookies. I love the fact that the ships can turn the pirates into s tier problems while also being balanced enough to basically be swarming glass cannons. I love using the ships. I love it all and it feels very ever presently complimentary. I have through the power of magic and prisoner exchange also appeased the oculian's and they now don't want to commit murder against me so I can start poking at their actual star systems. I also adore the idea (and at this point head canon) that these AI decided that taking on the persona of anime girls to better interact with customers and are designed so simplistically that having automated knowledge isn't needed.

My only bother and this is just a specific personal bother, is the cookie resource itself. I don't know if you added it in yourself or someone else did, but I can build a food manufacturing plant that has a small resource output of cookies attached to it. The issue is the cookie resource doesn't count into the monthly pool the same way recreational drugs and harvested organs do. I think there are a few other mods that poke the idea of making special resources an actual resource unit in the game that certain structures and industries need, which I'd love to see implemented. I've also seen something involving clones organs that count's like that in a similar manner but I've yet to build a producer for them so I'm not certain. Either way I think the idea of them being a later down the line big planet requirement for planetary inferstructure would be a good idea, giving me a way to turn a profit off of them and also satisfying my own factions internal need for the resource.

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2021, 07:45:30 PM »

First one is a bug. Oculian took a planet (Nex) at some point and as I visited the planet and no music played. Felt rather eerie honestly. I'll report to you if this applies to their own planets as well and then see what might be causing the bother.

Yep this one applies to all the planets. Don't know what's up with it, might be local. Either way thought I should inform you.

MagicKarpson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 05, 2021, 07:13:21 AM »

Im getting an error when loading up with mod. I tried reinstalling starsector and reinstalling red but no luck.

10453 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [ocua_tick] not found in ship_systems.csv
10453 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [ocua_tick_x2] not found in ship_systems.csv
10738 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ôO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Abominable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #305 on: August 24, 2021, 07:25:23 AM »

Anyone know how to edit the Mikanate Pulse core's PPT reduction factor? How do I decrease/increase it? I've found the java file and have Notepad++ to edit it but I figure I'll hold off for now until I have an idea of what I should and shouldn't do. Is there something else I should be editing? Should I be using a different program/editor?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]