Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350637 times)

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Red (V 0.4) and [N/A] Blue Mods
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2017, 11:08:37 AM »

So the Red Titan, is that actually possible to acquire in a standard game, and can it spawn in fleets?

Technically, no. The command points (or some other statistic) on Ophiuchus are set so high that it would render the ship almost impossible to spawn, as far I personally understand it.
EI did want a rare spawn of this, for those who would actually want an unfair boss fight or sadistically ruin a player's day.

I don't actually think that the player is able to field a fleet capable of killing it, especially with the immense buffs that fighters have now. It's got what, thirty flight decks? And way too much armor and hull to kill without all ships running out of CR anyway

And now i'm patiently waiting for someone to post a vid of his fleet barging in and defeating it
On the left half of the Bell curve

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Red (V 0.4.1) and [N/A] Blue Mods
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2017, 05:18:11 PM »

I don't actually think that the player is able to field a fleet capable of killing it, especially with the immense buffs that fighters have now. It's got what, thirty flight decks? And way too much armor and hull to kill without all ships running out of CR anyway

To be honest, reducing the flight decks is the first thing I have in mind since the new update, but absurd size of the ship alone overwhelmed the ship editor from changing it, though I'm sorting this mess out by the new patch.

EI also sent me pictures for the new additions for the faction. One of which has a lot of emphasis on engines.

I noticed that one of the capital ships has the same name as the vanilla missile cruiser. IMO you should change the name to something different to avoid confusion. something like "Hiffogriff" or "Griffin", perhaps?

Noted. I've seen the new Gryphon cruiser in the codex and how it works. The Oculian Gryphon should go off with a new name that may provide some emphasis on its role on the next patch.

Edit: Done.

Red: Download
Version 0.4.1
Spoiler
- Balance changes:
   - Freya Plasma cannon damage per shot reduced from 260 to 200.
   - Ophiuchus nerf:
      - Hull is reduced from 200000 to 180000.
      - Armor is reduced from 7500 to 5000.
      - Fighter bay count cut from 50 to 24.
      - Fleet Points increased from 150 to 300.
   - Parable Hull increased from 14000 to 16000.
- Oculian Gryphon name has changed to Nadia.
- All Capital ships have their ID's changed according to size-classes and their date of release. New game may be required.
- New ship, the Amina capital warship, has entered the Armada.
   - Amina uses the Ion Burst Drive to propel itself at short distances, capable of dodging broadsides or charging at the enemy when needed.
- New weapon, the Ruby cannon, a hardlight sniper that damages enemy ships formations at long distances.
- Oculian drone frigates with Drone Modules have an increase of sensor strength by 20.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:26:31 AM by Protonus »

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »

So how overpowered is this faction compared to everyone else? I haven't encountered them at all in a fight yet.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 23, 2017, 05:57:22 PM »

I have limited experience with this incarnation of them, but their fighters are very strong from what little I've been able to find.

Also, Ophiuchus is a wonderful superboss. Any chance to make it a roamer or a sectioned-out boss like stations?

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2017, 08:35:21 PM »

So how overpowered is this faction compared to everyone else? I haven't encountered them at all in a fight yet.
Haven't played with the ships (yet), but the fighters are quite strong. Very heavy on OP, though. I love the Cancer torp wings. Massed Pixel barrages are killer.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Red (V 0.4.2a) and [N/A] Blue Mods
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2017, 07:22:51 PM »

I don't think they're too powerful on their own, though they are reminiscent to textbook glass cannons by throttling drone wings. I made the carriers fragile enough to be always an effective solution to kill them. With the weak energy weapons on hand, dealing with them up close should be fine.

Dedicated Picket ships can easily thwart the double digit hull points in drones compared to most wings, though they should come in pairs since drones have a tendency to overwork the point defenses, such as from a Breeze-Cancer combo.

I have also made some changes with the Red, usually with the shields and how too flexible they became with the ships' movement.

Version 0.4.2
Spoiler
  • Balance changes:
    • Oculus Mod changes:
      • Turn and Unfold rate increase reduced from +150% to +100%.
      • Energy Shield Damage resistance reduced from 33% to 25%.
      • EMP resistance reduced from 50% to 25%.
    • Praetorian Software changes:
      • Armor multiplier reduced from 2x to 1.5x.
      • Flux bonus reduced from +100% to +50%.
      • Rank bonus removed.
    • All ship shield damage per flux reduced by 0.05 points.
    • Pixel torpedo changes:
      • Damage per shot reduced from 900 to 800.
      • Impact per hit reduced from 150 to 100.
    • Pixel Plus torpedo changes:
      • Damage per shot reduced from 900 to 800.
      • Impact per hit reduced from 150 to 100.
    • Fairy plasma cannon max spread increased from 10 to 15.
    • Glint damage per second increased from 150 to 180.
  • Redundant prefixes from wings removed. (Although it actually sounded pretty funny.)
[close]

Hotfix 0.4.2a
Spoiler
  • Atalie Pax has been relocated to [-1700, -800].
  • Pax Proper is now a separate entity to Adalie and will produce the majority of Oculian ships en masse.
  • Adalie and Atalie III-a have been altered and do not longer have free markets.
[close]

I still haven't got a word from EI after the 0.4.1 patch. Considering how long has it been since the last time she went hiatus.

You can tell me if you find the Red too powerful. Apologies if the patch came in here too fast.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:54:29 PM by Protonus »

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Red (V 0.4.2) and [N/A] Blue Mods
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2017, 08:41:57 PM »

I don't see them flying around much. Do they leave their home system at all?

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Red (V 0.4.2) and [N/A] Blue Mods
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2017, 09:03:17 PM »

I don't see them flying around much. Do they leave their home system at all?

I think it has something to do with their location, placed below the star map with 6 size capital. I'm working on changing the values but not too high to affect the global market.

It happened once before, and costs on supplies and fuel inflated to the point where starting new game isn't applicable for any fleet with high maintenance requirements.

Edit: It should hit somewhere closer to home, since they are supposed to be an invasive faction.

It's done.

Adalie and Pax Proper station are now seperate entities, and the capital will supply the starbase resources to build the fleets.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:51:06 PM by Protonus »

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Red (V 0.4.2a) and [N/A] Blue Mods
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2017, 10:41:24 PM »

So, I gave this a try in the name of encouraging newbie modders.

As lots of other people have said, there are balance problems. Lots of them. Galloping, giant, fun-killing balance problems. Which is okay; everyone starts somewhere, I had my share of persistent issues. Some of these balance problems are conceptual; ship sizes and fighter bay quantities that break the UI.

I like the idea of really big, obscenely powerful ships; but something like that really needs to be implemented as an NPC module ship. It is flatly unplayable. Worse, it isn't actually fun to play; there's so little difference between autopilot and flying the ship myself. Either way, I just murderhosed anything that came close to me.

Second, and more serious: your mod crashes. A lot. It's buggy. It's badly buggy. I'm pretty sure it corrupts save files. You need to deal with that, or a lot of other mods, perfectly good, well-made mods, are going to take the blame for you until people finally figure out what's causing it. And that isn't good for anybody.

Finally, I think you could make an excellent mod out of this. All the base concepts could be reworked and polished to produce a perfectly fun, interesting mod. But I just don't think you're there yet. Please put some work into the stability of your mod, and put some thought into making your ships and weapons more polished and challenging. It's not easy, but I think it would be worthwhile.

I was actually hoping for someone would give me criticism about how the mod works on other people's perspective and how it affects the core gameplay when this mod shows up. Frankly, I disregarded most of it during my state of un-longing behavior in the past and to no avail become so arrogant that I built the mod without thinking anything else but to put concepts forward and onwards. I can't say how mortified I was realizing the mistakes I did and how it affect me as a person and how this mod actually reflected on what have I been doing.

Additionally, this habitual issue was persistent since the mod's release on 0.65a, which does led to terrible outcry ever since I left the forums.

While I can find ways to bring the mod up, I can't say much on how buggy the mod actually is. Most of the script is usually at barebones, most of it originated from the base, and the operating system used is an isolated Windows 7.

On the gameplay side, the wings are supposedly handled by how plentiful the crew is on a carrier, but since the OBA uses virtually pilotless fighters, the faction simply ignored this flaw as there is no significant code that disallows the launch bay from building more. The Red drones still need some work, especially when the craze for Cancer barrages is already up in the air, which will be addressed by the next few patches.

I cannot do much on how the AI renders its attack patterns on the wings though, it has been there since the Red introduces attack drone ships as a ship system. Every time a ship is seemingly overwhelmed by fighters, it disregards the host and starts attacking the weak drones aimlessly despite how low the statistics value the fighters had. I could take the shields off them completely and focus on how their weapons are fired or decrease their maneuverability and deal with the ship statistics that controls the flux shield correlating to the weapons.

All I could wish now is to take the criticism for granted and feel terrible on how I ruined the Red and Blue mods, and myself as a person.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Red (V 0.5.0a) and [N/A] Blue Mods
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2017, 04:57:03 AM »

Well, I'm not sure this is going to be enough. But here it is.

Version 0.5
Spoiler
   Updated for version 0.8.1a.
   Additions:
      Added the Vira cannon, the Large variant of the Blita PD cannon.
      Added Beatrix cruiser, an oversized gunport that carries one of the vicious long-ranged weapons in the Oculian Armada.
      Added Maxim destroyer, an Oculian gunship that fills up the gap for the assortment of large arsenals to be used at the frontlines.
      Added an advanced Oculian frigate that will probably tip off balancing again. Shows only in the Campaign.
   All Wings changes:
      Shield efficiency reduced from 0.6 to 1.
      Wings strike range normalized to 4000 meeting with standard wings.
      All wings receive heavy variants that have a higher strike craft count to compensate the excessive wing numbers from supercarriers. These wings are undroppable.
      All drone wings have 50% longer replacement time, discouraging its use on vanilla ships and lessens drone swarm frequency.
   Mollusc Changes:
      Flux capacity reduced from 300 to 200 and Flux dissipation reduced from 100 to 50.
      Praetorian base Flux capacity reduced from 300 to 225 and Flux dissipation reduced from 100 to 75.
   Breeze Changes:
      Reduced Maximum Speed from 325 to 250, Acceleration from 300 to 250, Deceleration from 450 to 320 and Turn Acceleration from 360 to 270.
      Flux capacity reduced from 150 to 100 and Flux dissipation reduced from 75 to 25.
      Elite Flux capacity reduced from 200 to 125 and Flux dissipation reduced from 75 to 35.
      All stronger variants have most of their hull mods removed while having staticstics changed to compensate.
      Armor has been removed.
      Standard Variant hull increased from 25 to 40.
      Elite Variant hull increased from 40 to 70.
      Praetorian Variant default hull increased from 25 to 60.
      Superelite Variant default hull increased from 40 to 90.
      Elite and Superelite Variant have additional increase of 25 Max Speed, 25 Acceleration and 30 Turn Acceleration.
      Reduced OP costs from 9 to 8, Elite from 14 to 12, Praetorian from 18 to 16 and Superelite from 24 to 20.
   Cancer Changes:
      All Cancer variants receive smaller sprite models to closely relate with their Breeze counterparts.
         Elite takes its standard model's sprite.
      Standards will only 1 Pixel torpedo per drone while stronger variants get 2.
      Reduced Maximum Speed from 240 to 200, Acceleration from 300 to 215, Deceleration from 330 to 270 and Turn Acceleration from 270 to 240.
      Armor has been removed.
      Shield Arc reduced from 180 to 90.
      Flux capacity reduced from 500 to 75 and Flux dissipation reduced from 200 to 25.
      Cancer hull reduced from 50 to 35.
      Cancer Elite hull reduced from 50 to 40.
      Cancer Praetorian hull increased from 50 to 70.
      Glint hardpoint is converted into a turret that covers an arc of 135 at the front.
      Cancer drones count per wing reverted from 3 to 4.
   Kaleido Changes:
      Reduced Maximum Speed from 200 to 160, Acceleration from 350 to 180, Deceleration from 300 to 210 and Turn Acceleration from 240 to 180.
      Kaleido has an extra Piroutte weapon and has their main weapon switch from Shiredain to a custom Oculian Plasma weapon, a mini-Pixie.
      Kaleido Elite previously existing Piroutte replaced with a Glint.
      Armor reduced from 80 to 30.
      Flux capacity reduced from 800 to 350 and Flux dissipation reduced from 200 to 75.
      Elite Flux capacity reduced from 800 to 450 and Flux dissipation reduced from 200 to 90.
      Reduced OP costs from 15 to 12 and Elite from 22 to 18.
      Replacement time increased from 15 to 24 and 24 to 36.
   Tick Changes:
      Glint hardpoints replaced with Shiredain cannons. Comes with an additional Glint turret.
      Shield arc narrowed from 160 to 150 to meet Shield standards.
      Main firing arcs widened from 25 to 30.
      Flux capacity reduced from 600 to 500 and Flux dissipation reduced from 250 to 100.
      Reduced OP costs from 12 to 10, Elite from 18 to 16 and Praetorian from 24 to 22.
      Tick count per wing reduced from 3 to 2.
   Weapon Changes:
      Glint changes:
         Reverted damage per second from 180 to 150.
         Flux per second reduced from 120 to 90.
         Turn rate increased from 90 to 100.
      Shiredain cooldown reduced from 5 to 4 seconds.
      Pixel Changes:
         Pixel and Pixel+ damage increased from 800 to 900.
         Pixel+ maximum ammo increased from 30 to 40.
         Pixel+ ammo reload changed from 40 seconds per missile to 1 minute per missile.
      Blita Changes:
         Spread per shot reduced from 2 to 0.5 and Spread reduction delay reduced from 10 to 5 frames.
         Range reduced from 700 to 500.
         Damage per shot reduced from 80 to 60.
         Flux per shot reduced from 100 to 40.
         Turn rate increased from 45 to 75.
      Prima Changes:
         OP costs reduced from 7 to 6.
         Damage per shot increased from 80 to 90.
         Range increased from 700 to 800.
      Voxel Changes:
         Damage per shot reduced from 1000 to 600.
         Mirv count increased from 16 to 18.
         Damage per mirv increased from 45 to 50.
      Pixie Changes:
         OP costs reduced from 8 to 7.
         Flux per shot reduced from 400 to 250.
         Projectile speed reduced from 900 to 750.
      Fairy Changes:
         OP costs reduced from 12 to 11.
         Flux per shot reduced from 400 to 325.
      Freya Changes:
         Damage reverted from 200 to 260.
         Ammo clipping removed.
         Flux per shot reduced from 400 to 350.
         Cooldown increased from 0.15 to 0.2.
      Flandrey Changes:
         Damage per second increased from 900 to 1050.
         Flux per second increased from 900 to 1050.
         Turn rate reduced from 10 to 5.
   Ship Changes:
      Praetorian variants have suffixes (Pr) instead of prefix naming.
      All ships shield efficiency reduced from a rough average of 0.75 to 0.9.
      Supply maintenance and Supply use on all ships (with exception of Ophiuchus) are reduced by 25%.
      Aya fighter bays reduced from 4 to 3.
      Standard ships have increased maximum speed to meet up in demands against faster capital ships.
      Palette Changes:
         Received graphical update based from the updated Hyperion.
         Flux capacity reduced from 3125 to 2400 and Flux dissipation reduced from 350 to 300.
         Maximum speed increased from 200 to 225 and acceleration increased from 220 to 250.
         Deceleration increased from 160 to 200. Turn Speed increased from 140 to 175.
      Chimera Changes:
         Flux capacity reduced from 2500 to 2000 and Flux dissipation reduced from 250 to 200.
      Superchimera Changes:
         Bound polygon simplified.
         Hull increased from 1500 to 2200.
         Armor reduced from 350 to 200.
         Flux capacity reduced from 4500 to 3600 and Flux dissipation reduced from 400 to 250.
         Maximum speed reduced from 120 to 100 and acceleration reduced from 80 to 70.
         Deceleration increased from 70 to 55. Turn Speed and Acceleration increased from 60 to 45 and 70 to 50.
         Ship system Reserved Deployment replaced with Mollusc Drones X1.
      Chimly Changes:
         Received graphical update.
         Praetorian variant added.
         Flux capacity reduced from 6000 to 4800 and Flux dissipation reduced from 550 to 400.
         Maximum speed increased from 130 to 150 and acceleration increased from 100 to 120.
         Deceleration increased from 90 to 100. Turn Speed and Acceleration increased from 50 to 60 and 40 to 55.
      Chimly C Changes:
         Flux capacity reduced from 3250 to 2500 and Flux dissipation reduced from 275 to 200.
         Maximum speed increased from 100 to 110 and acceleration increased from 80 to 90.
         Deceleration increased from 75 to 90. Turn Speed and Acceleration increased from 40 to 50 and 20 to 35.
      Tigris Changes:
         Flux capacity reduced from 3750 to 3000 and Flux dissipation reduced from 350 to 300.
         Maximum speed increased from 110 to 125 and acceleration increased from 75 to 90.
         Deceleration increased from 65 to 80. Turn Speed and Acceleration increased from 50 to 65 and 65 to 75.
      Basilisk Changes:
         Flux capacity reduced from 18000 to 10500 and Flux dissipation reduced from 1100 to 920.
         Maximum speed reduced from 100 to 80.
      Geyser Changes:
         Mass reduced from 700 to 650.
         Flux capacity reduced from 7500 to 4500 and Flux dissipation reduced from 850 to 300.
         Maximum speed increased from 100 to 110 and acceleration increased from 80 to 90.
         Deceleration increased from 45 to 60. Turn Speed and Acceleration increased from 35 to 45 and 30 to 40.
      Ignis Changes:
         Received graphical update.
         Praetorian variant added.
         Hull increased from 3000 to 4500.
         Fleet point cost increased from 9 to 11.
         CR deployment cost reduced from 15 to 12.
         Flux capacity reduced from 5000 to 3000 and Flux dissipation reduced from 300 to 150.
      Nadia (Praetorian) Changes:
         Frontal Large Energy Hardpoint converted to Large Missile Hardpoint.
         Nadia replaced 1 standard Breeze wing with 1 Elite Breeze wing.
         Nadia (Pr) replaced 1 Praetorian Breeze wing with 1 Superelite Breeze wing.
         Flux capacity reduced from 15000 to 12000 and Flux dissipation reduced from 900 to 750.
         Maximum speed increased from 55 to 75 and acceleration increased from 35 to 50.
         Deceleration increased from 25 to 40. Turn Speed and Acceleration increased from 12 to 20 and 12 to 25.
      Libra Changes:
         Flux capacity reduced from 11250 to 8000 and Flux dissipation reduced from 800 to 650.
         Maximum speed increased from 45 to 55 and acceleration increased from 30 to 35.
         Deceleration increased from 20 to 25. Turn Speed and Acceleration increased from 9 to 12 and 7 to 10.
      Amina Changes:
         Flux capacity reduced from 21000 to 14000 and Flux dissipation reduced from 1250 to 800.
         Maximum speed increased from 65 to 90 and acceleration reduced from 45 to 40.
      Parable Changes:
         Fighter bays reduced from 9 to 7.
         Flux capacity reduced from 22500 to 15000 and Flux dissipation reduced from 1200 to 900.
         Maximum speed increased from 35 to 40 and acceleration reduced from 20 to 25.
         Deceleration increased from 12 to 15. Turn Speed and Acceleration increased from 6 to 8 and 4 to 7.
      Elizabeth Changes:
         Fighter bays reduced from 16 to 12.
         Flux capacity reduced from 55000 to 36000 and Flux dissipation reduced from 2000 to 1400.
   Faction Changes:
      Added more clarity in the Oculian Storyline.
      Fleet composition changed to allow large ships to be more frequently fielded in each fleet.
      Officers present less Cautious by half.
      Electronic Warfare in officers reduced to make room for more Coordinated Maneuvers and Officer management.
      Current portraits are replaced with generic faction flags, for now.
   Fixes:
      Fixed Java script formatting to JDK 1.7.0_79 (64-bit).
      Strings cleaning from typos.
[close]

I can't tell if the current drones are nerfed correctly, so I may need some feedback from the following days to make some changes.

Additionally, I am also aware about the tournament lately, although I don't think the faction is effectively compatible with it.

Edit: Nope, I screwed up already. Nadia just lost its built-in wings.

Hotfix 0.5a
Spoiler
   Ship Changes:
      Basilisk Changes:
         Flux capacity reduced from 10500 to 9000 and Flux dissipation reduced from 920 to 650.
   Fixes:
      Fixed Nadia (and Pr.) missing built-in wings.
[close]

By the way. I'm also hearing some chatter about the Ophiuchus being broken in general: in terms of statistics, built-ins, size, grammar and pretty much everything else.

The "grammer" part will be addressed but definitely needs some attention. Proposing in cutting it apart.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:55:24 AM by Protonus »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »

Now you just gave yourself an idea.

Make the Ophiuchus Modular.

Although you don't have to and it seems like I gave the idea from the way it's in bold. But you did say you was going to...cut it apart.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2017, 05:00:57 PM »

Now you just gave yourself an idea.

Make the Ophiuchus Modular.

Although you don't have to and it seems like I gave the idea from the way it's in bold. But you did say you was going to...cut it apart.

Yes.

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2017, 07:56:33 PM »

The Aeneas freighter seems way too strong for it's cost. 20k cargo capacity is excessive, I'd bring it down to around as much as an Atlas to be balanced. It's also as well armed as a battlecruiser.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Red (V 0.5.1) and [N/A] Blue Mods
« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2017, 10:13:31 PM »

Version 0.5.1
Spoiler
   Supercapitals have been removed from the Oculian roster.
[close]

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Red (V 0.5.1) Mod
« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »

Ok, now that's interesting.

I'm able to fully interact with Oculian Berserkers with the majority of stuff you're able to do.

But, they don't show up in the faction directory in Nexerelin, neither do I see any invasion fleets at all...

That's strange, and interesting.

Is it intended, Sir Protonus?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23