Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350665 times)

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.6) & Red (V 0.2.2b) Mods
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2015, 05:13:05 PM »

No need to be throwing vague accusations around. At the end of the day yes the people involved were perhaps a bit harsh dealing with patronus' use of the sprites. I too am a spriter (not a particularly great one mind, but a spriter nonetheless) and I wouldn't mind people in general using my sprites for their mods, why? Because they aren't making money off them, and there's no real way for them to defame my character with them. The only result of them using my sprites in their mod is my personal spriting skill gets more widely known, for bad or ill. How does it get more well known? Because he would give credit for the sprites he used. As long as THAT happens, everything is fine and dandy.

What is not okay is using someone else's sprites and either claiming the entire thing is your own, or letting people assume that by not giving any credit where credit is due. As long as you do that most people will be happy I should think, and SHOULD be happy. Just to be sure though, unless you're taking sprites from a thread that explicitly says you can use them, then pm the chap about it yeah?

On topic discussion: Regardless of anything else I do like your color scheme, the blue/yellow contrast might be a bit harsh on the eyes but at least it's eye catching. Get enough of those ships in one place and I might avoid fighting them just so that I can save my eyes from being burned by that eye scorching bright yellow color. One thing I will say is that your ships look very flat, try shading the edges of your ships a bit more so that they look like the edges curve together, rather than fall off on a sharp 90 degree angle. 

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2015, 05:25:29 PM »

Lopunny, you shouldn't talk about subjects you know nothing about. Especially when you are spewing "facts" that are so completely false. You obviously don't know the whole story and the subject has been closed by Moderator request so please be quiet.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:32:26 PM by Tartiflette »

Pushover

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2015, 05:58:04 PM »

While I'm still new to these forums, I feel like there should be a note at the top of Modding Resources reminding people to either ask for permission to use sprites, or give credit to people whose sprites they end up using. Alternatively, just remind the sprite artists to say what they are okay with when they post a sprite (It's okay to modify this as long as I get credit/You can use this if you give me credit, but don't edit it/Ask me before using this sprite/etc). That would help a situation like this from occurring again.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2015, 01:20:58 AM »

That's pretty much the issue here: He has been reminded to ask permission and give credits, even if it's afterward, three or four times already but still refuses to do so for some reason. That has bothered some modders that now are asking him to take down the offending sprites! This situation arose many times before but this is the first time someone refuses to simply ask, and just pretend it's for fun and he shouldn't have to comply to what is in fact very real international laws.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »

So question... Is this mod dead? have these two decided to peter away into the unknown? Or are jokes, mistakes, and casuailtties going to be corrected?
I hope so, cause some of those ships were pretty cool.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2015, 11:20:38 PM »

Well, I'm back.

Got some of the time working outside the game and earned some honest pay along the way.

The reason I made the large butchered sprite was just for laughs and nobody seemed to take it easy and became unusually sadistic (like EI), but in a gruesome fashion. And no, I DID say "I'm never proud of putting it into the game nor I'm willing to do anything horrible to anyone." And of course, I WILL say thanks and give credit to that person who made that sprite as always, but if someone did call me out for copyright, they should really need to see that fact that these are just mods, no money is being transacted within the premises of this mod or whatsoever.

I only got a little carried away with the responses only because of one indecent trigger that made me out of my mind. And I have trouble with monitoring two events at once such as this argument and Real Life, cramming with me senseless emotions that would really rip the heart out of me.

Exposition aside, I just... well, wanted to make a laugh out of what happened and decided not ignore it... hopefully.

Just a heads up, too. Some updates.

Thanks to the arguments that got usurped, I got motivated enough to make new changes to ship designs, throwing in my own armor parts reference template. Steadfast was the first, though. Making them share that Starcraft's Protoss and Planetside's New Conglomerate's designs. And yes, I just played Planetside 2 recently.

These are some of the ships.
Spoiler

[close]

You could say that I actually begged you guys to argue with me, intentionally.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 03:17:46 AM by Protonus »

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2015, 12:23:12 AM »

The designs are neat, but I still say everything looks a little flat.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2015, 01:41:23 AM »

Technically, they are.

In my case, they are usually flat in 3D perspective in a somewhat oblong shaping to make up a rigid form.

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2015, 03:10:16 AM »

daayyymmm!! those are some snazzy looking ships.
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2015, 07:53:58 PM »

Hey the crazy's aren't dead! Huzah! Also, on the ships Protinus, they look pretty good all things aside. The panling I find is rather... Cumbersome on the biggest ship you've there. It also seems out of place in some instances, a good example of this is the Blocky Fellow. At the back the shading is pretty much non-existent. Either way, it's a good start I'd say.

Now where'd the red-nutter get off to I wonder....

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2015, 07:59:56 PM »

EI, as far as she told me, she's going to move out. Practically for a new home, I think. Which actually kind of demoralized myself a bit.

As for the shading of ships...

Spoiler

Don't make me come back...

Nah, I'll try to make some adjustments.
[close]

Now where'd the red-nutter get off to I wonder....

Although, this is what I think of her when you said that.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:29:16 PM by Protonus »

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2015, 07:00:24 PM »

I love the Beserkers...They are a Carrier based race and I LOVE fighting with alternative means like fighters..hopefully Nexeralin can run these mods :)...only issue is the lack of new weaponry...they all use the laser which is great against missles, fighters and frigates...theredoesnt seem to be any other weapon varietyy..like blasters or missles or even a bomber to combat the bigger ships so they get pressured if large ships fight against them

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2015, 07:19:57 PM »

For the Red's Arsenal, EI normally prefers Energy weapons above all else, with some inclusion of mini-missile packs that normally involves multiple false AI's in that rushes towards its enemies like there is no tomorrow, but right now, she is trying to plan to make new ones, such as Plasma and probably Flamethrower-like weaponry, but I cannot guarantee it would go well.

Although, I think the Exeralin plugin is still installed within the Red mod premises, since it did use the other mod plugin data as a template.

As for Blue, just a quick update for the Protonian Conquest-class.

Spoiler
[close]

It's pretty hard making changes to the large ships, all right. This time, I have to make a right for it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:22:52 PM by Protonus »

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2015, 12:39:01 AM »

I'm back~
From some accident that... well, some things you wouldn't want to know. @-@

Anyway, new updates will come to you guys soon.

And Protonus, DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT. )O)

Spoiler
[close]

I will eat you. ._.
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2015, 12:50:13 AM »

Good to see you back in the wargames, EI.

I hope you have some deliberate ideas to thwart your non-existing adversaries and put them to their knees.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23