Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350619 times)

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.6) & Red (V 0.2.2b) Mods
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »

It was simply made for the fun of it, actually. And never to throw it in.

Since that is the purpose of the mod and the game, is it not?

Of course, if you don't to see this mod anymore. Then I'll remove Blue completely off the list.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 09:30:44 PM by Protonus »

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2015, 09:33:20 PM »

Of course, if you don't to see this mod anymore. Then I'll remove Blue completely off the list.

NO.

Please, just don't.
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2015, 10:03:45 PM »

Don't threaten to remove your mod in response to someone who won't be hurt if you do it! That is often known as "self-injury". (Anecdote: I'll punch myself in the face becuase I got a mean text from a stranger, that'll learn'em!)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:11:52 PM by Foxer360 »

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »

It was simply made for the fun of it, actually. And never to throw it in.

Since that is the purpose of the mod and the game, is it not?

Whether you made it for fun or not, you modified another author's work and published it in a public space. You're not the first person to make this mistake, but you're one of the first who has hasn't taken the effort to ask for permission after the fact.

If you had apologised and asked for permission it would likely have been granted. You have not abided by common courtesy or basic manners, let alone legally enforceable copyright laws. If you don't ask permission and you are asked to take it down, then you must take it down otherwise a site moderator will be forced to do it for you.

Copyright is a serious issue, authors on this site spend hundreds if not a thousand hours or more creating their ship assets, and stealing someone else's pixel art just isn't cricket mate. It is completely disrespectful to community members to be copying their work without their permission. Disrespecting one content author and continuing to flaunt that you take art without permission is tantamount to saying that you believe everyone's work is free for you to use without explicit permission, and you therefore disrespect every artist in this community in your actions.

I suggest rectifying your behaviour immediately, and removing the infringing ships until such time that permission is granted.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2015, 02:56:13 AM »

Watches from a dark corner while eating popcorn. :o

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2015, 03:28:13 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

You know, if I kept looking I can likely find more "borrowed" assets. Please don't make me do that...

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2015, 05:05:13 AM »

Moderator Announcement

If anyone has an issue, please send a PM to a moderator. This thread is not the place to continue discussing these things. Any further posts on the subject will be removed. Let's get back to actually discussing the actual mod.

MesoTroniK, please contact me if you want the ship made from your assets removed from the Spriter's Judgement Thread.

Thank you.

Lucian Greymark

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2015, 06:27:17 AM »

Are you guys still looking at grabbing more people to do color themed mods?

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2015, 08:02:38 PM »

is it me or is the idea of the red titan thingy vs the omega from omegas minimash (the gigantic one) is a fair and awesome fight
May the fry be with you.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2015, 03:23:43 AM »

Unfortunately, I am currently not supporting the updates for the mods this time on, and EI is at her RL works right now doing important stuff.

My feeling are hurt for something I spent days working on, only to be thrashed out by a random guy who spent longer than I am. And honestly, it makes me feel like not working on the mod only because of it, due to that joke ship I just wondered to squandered for fun.

I'm sorry. I just felt I had high hopes to be in the community, but now, I don't think this is a good place to be in. I'll probably be gone for 2 weeks or a month before I recollect myself to my feet.

Although, that doesn't mean that I won't be coming back.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:33:34 AM by Protonus »

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2015, 04:50:06 AM »

You dont have to leave because of that, with the recent copyright incident from that other game, its understandable that everyone is a bit protective of their stuff, but no harm done, as long as you learnt something from it =)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:11:04 AM by ValkyriaL »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2015, 07:48:27 AM »

Everybody take a deep breath.

I've noticed people are a bit on edge. Probably paying more attention to who uses what assets and whether they have permission from the original author or not, than usual. And reactions are likely a bit stronger because of it. I am sure MesoTroniK is just trying to make you understand that you can not use his work without permission. He is not trying to attack you personally. No-one is, as far as I can tell.

All you have to do, is make sure you remove assets that use other people's work without their permissions. Next time, just ask permission from the original author before posting something publicly on the forums. I understand how the sudden barrage of comments made you feel "attacked" and may have put you on the defensive, but there's really no need to be taking the dramatic route. We all welcome you and your efforts at creating a mod! I for one, hope you'll stick around.  :)

Taking some time away from the forums, if you're feeling hurt, might be a good and mature call, though.

operative2259

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2015, 06:41:15 AM »

I just came back to Starsector after 4 months or so and love red and blue as mods.

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »

Well here's to hoping you feel up to it sooner rather than later! it's a good looking mod, and id hate to see it fizzle. :)
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2015, 04:43:16 PM »

Yeah but thats the *** problem is he WAS attacked...and it ISNT their props and ideas by law so they really have no say if he uses it or not...wouldnt have bothered me if he didnt ask me..i would just ask him to tell me nicely but this community is falling apart like Firefly after season one...at each others throats for anything....I often feel like they are as bad as the faction they built...after each other.....hell when I came on this forum with a kind open minded person I was immediately and completely smacked down by mediocre comments and smacktalk all because they cant take criticism...because in todays society the truth has been labeled as BAD and WRONG....like a lot of these mod developers feel threatened that their work was not perfect. So no he should feel sad...sad that he just came on nice terms trying to fulfill his modding dreams to have it crushed by someone because he used a pixel that was owned by someone.....seriously if they want to be dicks then maybe they should play Eve Online...might suit them better v.v...   
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23