Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350703 times)

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.3a) & Red (V 0.2.0a) Mods - Little Fix before offing
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2015, 06:26:18 PM »

One way is to lower the size of the planet's market. 1-3 will barely affect the market. 4-5 is average, 6 is a significant producer, and anything above that is an economic powerhouse. A planet's population is also a major influence.

You also need to balance what economic effects you add to the planet (And remember that they stack). I can't really tell what needs to change without looking at the econ file itself though.

But if the lack of supplies are the only issue, try adding an "autofac_heavy_industry" tag to that planet.

The market size, for sure, I'm changing it. Turns out the transports get increasingly cumbersome as Protonian fleets started swarming all over the galaxy cluster providing resources needlessly to anyone in the proximity.

The Auto-factories, on the other note, still requires a heap of resources as I observed the Oculian star systems with them. The economy is still high. I'm making adjustments to it.

Bring me the hate~ DO IT! @p@

You officious little *ahem*.

Still, anyway. I'm currently on work and literally in two jobs right now.

And this is one of the two jobs I've mentioned, this:
Spoiler

And this is just one of the many ships I'm working on for a new subfaction under the Protonian Aide. Plus, it's pretty girly, I know. Try asking EI all about it. :l
[close]
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:32:06 PM by Protonus »

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

dogigy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2015, 06:54:28 PM »

you should totally make a ship with insane turning speed and put many small hardmounts on the out side two deep around it

so when you make use of your insane turning speed you are a death top

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2015, 09:13:29 PM »

I dunno, for a 'girly' ship that looks pretty intimidating. Vaguely looks like what would happen if Shadowyards and Templar ships combined.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.4) & Red (V 0.2.0b) Mods - The Great (De)pression
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2015, 06:38:12 AM »

The Great Depression has been resided... or not.

Blue
  • Version 0.5.4:
    • Due to excessive inflation among the stars, Protonian Technologies is now hated by everyone with exception of the Independents and Pirates.
    • And, Supply prices have returned to normal levels. (hopefully)
    • Protonians have released the Aoba-class Destroyer, a ship dedicated to carry a powerful Coilgun that disables enemy weapons in distant range, but with a long delay.
    • All Protonian Tactical Laser and Twin Laser now match Tactical Laser statistics.
    • Mytoselle and Tethlon, the capital planets of the Protonians, now reside production lines to level 7 from 8.
    • Also due to the events that happened, the Bastion-class has received a (slightly) new look.

Red
Version 0.2.0b:
  • For whatever reason happened, the Oculian Berserks are now generally hated by all factions, with the exception of the player. Since EI wants it.[/color]
  • Oculians will now also trade only with the Protonians, restrictively.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:40:46 AM by Protonus »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »

Protonus, having a population size on a planet as 10^9 is... really bad. Especially with that type of planet. It pretty much destroyed the food economy, to 1-5 credits for food.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2015, 01:47:13 PM »

From what i heard from DR, population size currently don't have any influence in the game, only market size. For example, SS+ biggest markets are size 6, going above this will start to seriously screw the sector economy.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2015, 03:07:29 PM »

The population indicator usually is the same as the market size.  In this case, it probably really is size 9.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »

Only 2 planets reached market size at 7, I knew population doesn't affect the economy.

Also, all factions are set to Vengeful, no trades should reach other factions by now.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 03:50:41 PM by Protonus »

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2015, 05:38:09 PM »

Love the mod, but I have three complaints. Firstly, both Red and Blue systems are kinda big. This would be fine, but theres only one or two (I think two?) gates, so it takes a hilariously long time to get around. The Blue system in particular I think visually benefits greatly from the size, as it looks really cool, but I think adding more gates or making it a little smaller would be nice.

Two, Red ordinance points might just be a tad too low. Not sure how low you really want it to be though. The palette in particular seems to suffer from this a lot.

Third, Red breeze drones aren't actually drones, don't know if that's intended or not. Assuming the fighter wings are the same as the ship system drones, I imagine they shouldn't use crew, but its up to you.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2015, 06:03:24 PM »

Love the mod, but I have three complaints. Firstly, both Red and Blue systems are kinda big. This would be fine, but theres only one or two (I think two?) gates, so it takes a hilariously long time to get around. The Blue system in particular I think visually benefits greatly from the size, as it looks really cool, but I think adding more gates or making it a little smaller would be nice.

Some planets tend to be far off, but sure, I'll add more gates to the respective systems and see if they fit.

Two, Red ordinance points might just be a tad too low. Not sure how low you really want it to be though. The palette in particular seems to suffer from this a lot.

This is intended, as Oculian ships should be cheap and amassed as its faction is known for it and if I ever raised the Ordnance points, it will probably be inclined to the Hyperion level by then. I actually forgot to the lower the price for the Palette, honestly.

Third, Red breeze drones aren't actually drones, don't know if that's intended or not. Assuming the fighter wings are the same as the ship system drones, I imagine they shouldn't use crew, but its up to you.

Tried to, but the game doesn't seem to allow the fighters to becomes virtually pilotless. I tried reducing the requirements of crew 0, but the default system reverts each to 1. Instead, I made the manufacturing replacements for these drones incredibly efficient than standard fighters to reproduce the effect.

And no, EI, I did not intend to make anything dirty here.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2015, 06:58:39 PM »

Some planets tend to be far off, but sure, I'll add more gates to the respective systems and see if they fit.

This is intended, as Oculian ships should be cheap and amassed as its faction is known for it and if I ever raised the Ordnance points, it will probably be inclined to the Hyperion level by then. I actually forgot to the lower the price for the Palette, honestly.

Tried to, but the game doesn't seem to allow the fighters to becomes virtually pilotless. I tried reducing the requirements of crew 0, but the default system reverts each to 1. Instead, I made the manufacturing replacements for these drones incredibly efficient than standard fighters to reproduce the effect.

And no, EI, I did not intend to make anything dirty here.
Alright, good deal. I really like the Red doctrine btw, there isn't much like that at all in starsector or any other mods.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2015, 07:01:24 PM »

I really like the Red doctrine btw, there isn't much like that at all in starsector or any other mods.

I appreciate the thanks. EI, might be somewhere in the sector doing a favor.

Also, (I) my company did this ship this morning, Tetragon Mark 2.

I just keep thinking spaceships so suddenly right now.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 07:05:36 PM by Protonus »

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2015, 07:10:26 PM »

I really like the Red doctrine btw, there isn't much like that at all in starsector or any other mods.

I appreciate the thanks. EI, might be somewhere in the sector doing a favor.

Also, (I) my company did this ship this morning, Tetragon Mark 2.

I just keep thinking spaceships so suddenly right now.
I like it, looks good. Also, I THINK (I could be totally, 100% wrong) the reason you couldn't get the fighter changes to stick is because the fighters don't have an entry in ship data that I can see.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2015, 07:15:17 PM »

I THINK (I could be totally, 100% wrong) the reason you couldn't get the fighter changes to stick is because the fighters don't have an entry in ship data that I can see.

Actually, you do, it's a requirement for all ships to have their Hull data placed in to their Excel file. They usually share a folder with the Wing data Excel in there too. (in the "starsector-core\data\hulls" section)

Which is why regular starships couldn't even get their skeleton crew requirements to 0 either. Since crew normally dictates the Experience of your ship and it's practically a hard-coded requirement.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »

I THINK (I could be totally, 100% wrong) the reason you couldn't get the fighter changes to stick is because the fighters don't have an entry in ship data that I can see.

Actually, you do, it's a requirement for all ships to have their Hull data placed in to their Excel file. They usually share a folder with the Wing data Excel in there too. (in the "starsector-core\data\hulls" section)

Which is why regular starships couldn't even get their skeleton crew requirements to 0 either. Since crew normally dictates the Experience of your ship and it's practically a hard-coded requirement.
I've been playing with the neutrino files, as he/she seemed to have the same problem (fighters obviously called drones) having crew, and I set the min and max crew to 0 in ship data and it seems to have fixed it. There's no ship data entry for the fighters in Oculian, only the ship system varients. I don't know what actually adding them entails, but I might try and see if I can get it working.

EDIT: Got a frigate to have zero crew as well, just to see if I could.

EDIT2: Yeah it crashes when I try to add fighter entries to ship data, don't know how to do that properly. But I'm pretty sure thats the problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:09:28 PM by HeartofDiscord »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23