Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350679 times)

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.2b) & Red (V 0.1.2b) Mods - Sorry about the patches!
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2015, 04:19:16 PM »

For some reason your mods wont show up in my launcher, what am I doing wrong?

That's odd. The mods work normally in my place. (Removed the Editorial version of both mods and placed the downloadables in. Mods should also be placed first before opening the launcher.)

Have you checked the mods if they were in alphabetical order? Since the mod list usually works that way. Either that or you should try to rename the "mod_info" file in the respective mods and see if they match.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.2b) & Red (V 0.1.2b) Mods
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 04:43:12 PM »

Judging from the top of the OP, I'm assuming there's no campaign integration?

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.2b) & Red (V 0.1.2b) Mods
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2015, 06:01:28 PM »

Judging from the top of the OP, I'm assuming there's no campaign integration?

Well, I couldn't the coding but I am trying to make the faction itself to exist but this usually happens every time I tried it.

Never mind. EI managed to pull it off effectively. Three new star systems will be available soon.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:40:38 PM by Protonus »

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.3) & Red (V 0.2) Mods - Campaign Integration
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2015, 09:44:50 PM »

Welp. Campaign integration is here, good luck travelling to my base though. :D

Blue
  • Version 0.5.3:
    • Blue now resides in 2 star systems in the campaign, Nemvis and Uminos.
    • All ships have increased Logisitics requirements by 1 to frigates, 2 to destroyers and cruisers and 3 to capital ships.
    • Unmentioned Mantaray buff has been debuffed with significant logistics requirements.
    • Some descriptions have been added.

Red
Version 0.2:
  • Oculian Berserks now reside at the heart of the Core Cluster in the Campaign, named Atalie. And are noted to carry numerous ships in a fleet.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:46:45 PM by Protonus »

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2015, 11:38:05 PM »

Red
Version 0.2:
  • Oculian Berserks now reside at the heart of the Core Cluster in the Campaign, named Atalie. And are noted to carry numerous ships in a fleet.

yes.... YESSSS!!! @p@
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:08 AM »

Hmm... Setting the version number to Minor for the Protonians seems to make quite an impact to the download count, despite the fact the patch is Campaign Integration.

I'll write that information down and make sure to post Big numbers if Big features are added.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2015, 04:16:29 AM »

Quickly tested how it worked. Got this bug when i tried to enter the Blue's system.

Code
812688 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/backgrounds/background5.jpg] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Oculian Berserks,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Protonian Tech,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/backgrounds/background5.jpg] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Oculian Berserks,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Protonian Tech,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.Object.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.Object.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.util.ReplaceableSprite.OOO000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BackgroundAndStars.ØO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.renderBG(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.renderBG(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.ØØ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.null.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
812797 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [music-campaign_system_corvus.ogg]
812797 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [music-campaign_system_corvus.ogg]

Other than this, i roamed the Red system for a bit, found a few weird stuffs.

First, the supply cost on the main planet is way higher than it should be.

Spoiler
[close]

2. The top icons overlaps with the stability bar for the second station, not gamebraking but i don't think some of those are absolutely necessary.

Spoiler
[close]

3. Eh.

Spoiler
[close]

Unfortunately i don't have much time for in-depth testing. I just looked at it for a few minutes.

But yeah, it's getting there.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:18:10 AM by HELMUT »

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2015, 04:36:30 AM »

Quickly tested how it worked. Got this bug when i tried to enter the Blue's system.
Spoiler
Code
812688 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/backgrounds/background5.jpg] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Oculian Berserks,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Protonian Tech,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/backgrounds/background5.jpg] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Oculian Berserks,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Protonian Tech,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.Object.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.Object.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.util.ReplaceableSprite.OOO000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BackgroundAndStars.ØO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.renderBG(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.renderBG(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.ØØ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.B.null.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.A.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
812797 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [music-campaign_system_corvus.ogg]
812797 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [music-campaign_system_corvus.ogg]
[close]

1. I tested Protonus' mod and works nicely in my place, complete with Starsector+, ShaderLib, LazyLib and 4 other faction mods that revolves around Imperium levels. :p

Other than this, i roamed the Red system for a bit, found a few weird stuffs.

First, the supply cost on the main planet is way higher than it should be.

Spoiler
[close]

Supply costs is supposed to be high since I don't like visitors from the new game to just simply appear out of nowhere and buy all my stuff. )o)

2. The top icons overlaps with the stability bar for the second station, not gamebraking but i don't think some of those are absolutely necessary.

Spoiler
[close]

I'll tell him to reduce characteristics.

3. Eh.

Spoiler
[close]

Shhh... )o)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:39:23 AM by EI »

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2015, 04:38:33 AM »

I'll make a quick look on the Blue mod and give the two a quick patch.

Also, EI. Let them buy your stuff, it's been long since for anyone conveniently places an advanced thriving faction in front of the spawn sector.

Checked, I didn't see any problem when loading up my system, probably has something to do with spawns though.

Got it, Background5 is the problem, I'll just store the original to my mod just in case.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:29:05 AM by Protonus »

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
[0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.3a) & Red (V 0.2.0a) Mods - Little Fix before offing
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2015, 06:22:55 AM »

Anyway, a little fix is up.

And I'll be honest, I have no idea how to decrease the supply costs myself, but then I realized how expensive it gets to reach both the Protonian and Oculian outposts and even rests there, so I decided to throw it in. And I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming sadistic like EI.

Any way to solve this the supply problem?

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Blue (V 0.5.3a) & Red (V 0.2.0a) Mods - Little Fix before offing
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2015, 07:51:18 AM »

I've noted that there's apparently a modified Tactical Laser from the Blues, which mentions slightly increased range with increased damage/higher flux cost. Considering the vanilla range is now 1000, and SS+ range is now 800, that's no longer accurate.

Note: The heavily increased supplies costs also bumps up cost in other systems, such as Jangala having supplies costing 730 credits each.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:26:46 AM by Nanao-kun »

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2015, 03:46:40 PM »

Do they make their own fuel and supplies or just consume via trade?

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2015, 05:54:26 PM »

I'm going to make the factions more likely hate-able to others in order to refuse the significant amount of trade exchanges within the game.

And the Tactical Laser buff will also come soon, possibly to all Protonian Laser weapons.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:56:36 PM by Protonus »

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »

I'm going to make the factions more likely hate-able to others in order to refuse the significant amount of trade exchanges within the game.

Bring me the hate~ DO IT! @p@

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2015, 06:21:12 PM »

Anyway, a little fix is up.

And I'll be honest, I have no idea how to decrease the supply costs myself, but then I realized how expensive it gets to reach both the Protonian and Oculian outposts and even rests there, so I decided to throw it in. And I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming sadistic like EI.

Any way to solve this the supply problem?
One way is to lower the size of the planet's market. 1-3 will barely affect the market. 4-5 is average, 6 is a significant producer, and anything above that is an economic powerhouse. A planet's population is also a major influence.

You also need to balance what economic effects you add to the planet (And remember that they stack). I can't really tell what needs to change without looking at the econ file itself though.

But if the lack of supplies are the only issue, try adding an "autofac_heavy_industry" tag to that planet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23