Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: [0.96a] Red - the Oculian Armada (0.10.0-RC2) Mod  (Read 350706 times)

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Blue (V 0.5.0a) & Red (V 0.1) Mods
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 03:45:22 AM »

Managed to placed the download buttons outside the spoilers.

M'kay. :l

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 04:15:41 AM »

Yeah, in general, most people don't bother reading what the Op says anyway, they see cool ships, then they look for the download button, having a lot of spoliers dosn't do anything other than keep things overly organized for the authors own benefit.
If said ships are individually spoilered in class spoiler in ship spoiler in mod spoiler, these "most people" won't even see them. Protonus, why don't you just have one spolier for your mod and inside everything's visible but a second for all the visuals at once, and maybe a third for the changelogs?
*remind me I have a huge OP overhaul to do*

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 05:08:11 AM »

Well, at first I thought it would be cleaner, but I never thought the ships to be seen would be so in demand. And it's because some of them are just really that big.

I guess I should remove the spoilers almost entirely.

It is done.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:20:54 AM by Protonus »

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 05:24:29 AM »

I told you to unspoil all the contents, but you spoil them anyway! )o)
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 05:26:17 AM »

I told you to unspoil all the contents, but you spoil them anyway! )o)

You haven't sent me any message, and I simply thought it was a joke.

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 05:32:52 AM »

>:(

I thought you knew.

Anyway, I'll send you the graphics for the next update I'm having.

Jay2Jay

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Blue (V 0.5) & Red (V 0.1) Mods
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 06:02:09 AM »

Well, sure.

Frankly, a guy told me that if I ever worked for you as partner, but I don't see anything negative about making new ship designs.

This has been kinda bugging me since you posted it. What exactly did you mean here?
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." ~Ghengis Khan

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 06:48:25 AM »

I meant about, sure, I could work for you.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 10:28:30 AM »

By the way Protonus, should we expect you to eventually try to balance your mod or will this stay that way? In the SS tier list, you said they were around tier 1-3. Personally i think they are closer to tier 0, aka nearly impossible to balance, especially the red ones. The absurd amount of large mounts will make them unplayable in the campaign, unfortunately.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2015, 04:25:55 PM »

By the way Protonus, should we expect you to eventually try to balance your mod or will this stay that way? In the SS tier list, you said they were around tier 1-3. Personally i think they are closer to tier 0, aka nearly impossible to balance, especially the red ones. The absurd amount of large mounts will make them unplayable in the campaign, unfortunately.

For Red, you should ask that to EI personally. The designs themselves are so fragile to the point a few shots can already kill them, it's just that the AI (in Vanilla) is just so focused on killing drones that they normally pick on them instead of their hosts despite the Chimera's health already worth about a single fighter, which is not my expectations from EI, so yes. I'll go talk to her when she's on.

The mounts themselves, on the other note, is built that way, as she wanted, but normally I advised her to reduce the damage output of the ships significantly, so the Ordnance points are the main target for the said damage output reduction, which leads to weakening the Berserk-inclined weapons so that they should be compatible enough to fill the slots for those weapons. We are aiming the point that the Berserk weapons should only be equippable to Berserk-faction ships while non-Berserk weapons are incompatible to these Berserk ships, if there would be a limiter code for it, it would be very appreciated.

For Blue, it is my plan to get the balancing correctly. Right now, most ships capital ships are now more or less than capable of walloping a single Paragon off their plating (since the AI in the simulator shows so they barely even know how to manage a freaking shield), while it takes a lot longer to kill said Paragon with cruisers, I'm planning to rig the ships according as semi-endgame, probably, all I just need now is the coding for the market in order to regulate the Protonian Ships, since they are supposed to be at the near-edge top secret tech.

Although, I did reference the ships with the Vanilla units before releasing the Blue mod, so it wouldn't be a problem for either I should buff or nerf them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 06:02:26 PM by Protonus »

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2015, 07:21:22 PM »

Personally i think they are closer to tier 0, aka nearly impossible to balance, especially the red ones. The absurd amount of large mounts will make them unplayable in the campaign, unfortunately.

I can't believe you even considered my ships impossibly difficult.

Blame the AI for shooting the babies and not the mommy ships!
)o)

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2015, 07:28:24 PM »

I don't even know how to respond to that.

And it's my mod, so.
:p

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »

I recommend that you do these back and forth between each other through private messages or IRC chat programs, rather than bumping this thread regularly for an ill contrived reason.

Do what he says, he has an Engineer pic who might actually "fix" your ships for you! )o)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:05:33 PM by EI »

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2015, 08:47:47 PM »

I hope I get this right.

I'm planning to reduce the OP count on all of Red ships and requirements of all its inclined weapons, and make them virtually unsellable (higher than tier 3). I might probably turn all the weapons into Built-ins but I'm not quite sure if it's going to be fun-worthy of. Since Red is planned to be a monster faction after all.

As a bonus, I plan to make hullmods specifically for Red for variation. Since I realized that the current hullmods are solely responsible for the unusual increase of ordnance points which I should have paid attention to begin with.

Blue is still under my balancing check, and it's looking better than I expected, thanks to the new guide that just so happens to made right in front of me. All weapon angles and arcs should be in correct order, weapons are now in-line with the current version.

Some de-saturation is also been done.

And the current patch doesn't seem to heavily affect the mods at all, so it'll be a pretty smooth time to get the patching probably by the end of the week.

PS:
Your dreaming lady.
Spoiler
"I told you, don't touch that darn thing. That's what you get."
[close]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:01:26 PM by Protonus »

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2015, 10:17:34 PM »

Alright so I did a quick modification to one of your Red sprites to put a spotlight on some of the issues with it.
In specific the Red sprites are insanely over-saturated red color wise to a degree that is eye searing, rather than looking like a "candy" color this is more effective in an artistic point of view.
Also some geometry modifications, lighting changes and a minor paint pass to show shadows, highlights and form.
Starsector lighting comes in from the top slightly to the front and I respected that, bridge is ostensibly the highest point as logic with carriers may dictate.

Also this is a one off, don't try to con me into doing your art, thanks.

Me, I don't.

Actually, I find it appreciated that you have to do something for EI. And it's quite apparent the graphics should follow a less saturated state, which I just did before the Blue release.

I could use this as a reference when new Oculian ships/modifications are passed on to me. In the mean time, I'll keep that and throw it in to the mod. ;D

Of course, it's her you should be careful of.

Edit: It's a clear, she granted the changes. Barely.

And gosh. Elizabeth is going to be a handful.

She is not going to help me in this project, despite the fact she's been throwing her graphics at me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:56:35 PM by Protonus »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23