Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Variant Export to Common Library  (Read 1585 times)

Velox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Variant Export to Common Library
« on: January 21, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »

I think this has been touched on before but the last reference I could find was a couple of years back and never went anywhere, and this has been driving me nuts so please forgive me for re-approaching something on the topic.

Anyway - at the moment, ship variants seem to exist only within the particular character's save game(s).  I find that I often have loadouts that I use very frequently ("Fleet Standard" freighter - ext. shields, 2 vulcans + 2 ACs, some number of capacitors) or find something I really really love with a particular ship and like to use often. 

So - if it weren't too high-impact, it would be awfully nice to be able to export variants to a sort of "general library" available to all characters, which could show up with either the pre-defined ones for each ship class or in a secondary area of some sort. 

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Variant Export to Common Library
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 04:47:25 PM »

Yes please.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 02:15:39 AM »

This. So much this.

Or at least export as a txt files. This is a god-send for developers when we are making faction fleets.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 04:33:24 AM »

For modding you launch the game in dev mode and you have a Variant Editor that become available in the main menu.