Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Making a music mod have higher priority than other mods.  (Read 2721 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Making a music mod have higher priority than other mods.
« on: March 15, 2016, 04:47:51 PM »

In my experience when one or more mods modifies the song list for anything that isn't faction music it overrides the others (as in campaign/battle music). How can I make sure one mod that I make will always have priority over the others?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Making a music mod have higher priority than other mods.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:06:35 PM »

Although I am not sure how the game works, I go wit hthe logic that the lower in the mod list the mod is, the more priority is has to changes on previous mods. I made my personal mod (that changes specific stats) and made sure in the "mod_info.json" to name it "ZZZ My mod" so it will always load last and over the others. >.> But again I am not 100% if the game works different.
Ignorance is bliss..

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 06:26:18 AM »

Prefixing with ZZ sounds about right. But I thought that bug was reported already and ought to have been fixed regardless.

Anyway, consider editing the pre-existing MusicLib mod (comes with SS+)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 08:35:36 AM »

Haven't tried in latest Histidine, but I'm pretty sure overrides were still happening in 7.1