Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Back from the dead!  (Read 1348 times)

Velox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Back from the dead!
« on: January 09, 2015, 04:42:07 PM »

I just had a "crews were able to restore basic functionality" event happen on a sloop-class ship that had been disabled.  The thing is, I only have one point in the science track so far, and so only one point in the "faster repairs" thing that has the "30% recovery" perk at level 5.  Is there a small chance that your ships can be salvaged and returned to service after combat no matter what?  Or is that an artifact of some mod I'm playing with?  (I don't have anything too weird loaded up - SS+/Imperium/Templars, SCY, and the mayorate.)  Anyway, it was TOTALLY AWESOME because that was the first ship I captured in the game and it had saved my tail many times while I was trying to crawl up out of the absolute-newbie-character gutter.  Interesting!

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Back from the dead!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 04:59:48 PM »

You have a chance in the 1st place. The tech tree just augments it :)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Back from the dead!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 06:57:46 PM »

20% chance to recover ships lost in a battle you win.  Field repairs 5 adds 30% to make it 50% total.  It would be nice if it recovered more weapons, some of the best guns are harder to replace than ships.

At least player does not gain experience when he loses ships anymore.  Before 0.65, increased repair chance was a liability because faster XP gain for lost ships was more powerful than recovering disabled ships.