Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Flu-X v1.15 (on haitus/dead mod)  (Read 101721 times)

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Flu-X Version v1.1 (Weapon and 0.8.1a update)
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2017, 12:16:01 AM »

It might be neat if at some point you reskinned this so all the 'infected' red bits glowed and pulsed a little.

I suppose I could try something like this at some point in time, I'm not so good with spriting though. I would also need to figure out how to create animating stuff on ships. Anyway thanks for the suggestion :)

You may have not noticed but the infected atropos missle is better then the base games one.

Yeah, I'm still fiddling with balance. (balancing is hard btw) Thanks for the heads-up

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Flu-X v1.15 (Still no content Update)
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »

"Small" update here! Sorry for the lack of content.... The next one should have some of that though :)
Download v1.15

Here are some of the notable changes:

*Now with a jar file
*Now compatible with Nexerelin random mode.
*Reworked living hull Hullmod (now reduces monthly supply costs and increases peak performance)

(More changes in the changelog on the main page)

Jojo_195

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2017, 06:06:03 PM »

For Nex you could make them work like pirates instead of a normal faction.I think that would fit them better.

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2017, 07:50:24 PM »

Glad to see the comeback ;)
Spoiler

[close]

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2017, 02:12:30 AM »

welcome back to the world of (un)living.
a suggestion idea maybe
make necro variants of normal ships equal to (D), so they can be restored on shipyard
after a battle against flu-x if opposing fleet had ships that have necro variant and were deployed
then those ships have a chance(based on CR and hull damage) to become necro. 100% chance if disabled.

also

my earlier offer still stands.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8902.msg180790#msg180790
i am willing to recreate your sprites that you can kitbash even more afterwards. my drawing skills have somehat improved since back then.
be sure to contact me if you are(i hope) interested.
it pains to see such a greatly implemented faction with such poor(you said so yourself, i mean no offence) visual representation.
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

canned Tomatoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2017, 04:17:51 PM »

I've been playing against the infected for a bit and while I enjoy the fights against them, there are two things I really don't like about them. One is the spitter bomber with the atropos(I). It feels like a race against time ot take out carriers with them since they are so powerful. Maybe you could reduce the range of their missiles so they don't pop out of the carrier, fire and then return to repeat the cycle?
The other thing is the scab, the frigate with the large missile slot.
I like the idea behind it but the variant with the hurricane mirv is a bit too dangerous. It's a small ship and it can hide behind allies, so you just get shelled by fighterwings and hurricane mirvs.
I often don't see them on the battlefield until I get hit by them.

The other thing I noticed, that might be balance breaking is that they are dropping some reallly good loot. As in, maybe a bit too good. Can you reduce the chance for them to drop their weapons/increase the chance that weapons get destroyed?

Seifer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2019, 05:18:17 AM »

One of my favorite mods :) the heavy cruiser, the surprise torpedo fighters, nice weapons and THE HIVE, god I hope it will come back when the game is finished :D

Have a good day o/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 05:19:51 AM by Seifer »

MaysaChan

• Ensign
  • Mod collector & rookie anime artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2020, 05:09:32 AM »

Abandon?

Damienov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2020, 05:33:23 AM »

Abandon?

Title is [0.8.1a] what do you think?
please stop Necroing threads

Just use the Mod Index for reference whether said mod is compatible with current version or not
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]