Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Flu-X v1.15 (on haitus/dead mod)  (Read 101859 times)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] The Flu-X Mod Version 0.8 Upgrade Complete
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2016, 06:22:11 AM »

I'm digging the new looks of the ships, especially that new Necro Mother.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2016, 06:31:28 AM »

I'm digging the new looks of the ships, especially that new Necro Mother.
:D Spend quite some time on that one.
Good to hear that you like it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:54:35 AM by spoortje1 »

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2016, 08:32:57 AM »

Yeh, it looks much better than the giant MSpaint eye in the previous capital ship.
I really don't know what I'm doing...

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2016, 11:15:58 AM »

Yeh, it looks much better than the giant MSpaint eye in the previous capital ship.

Yeah that was REALLY ugly. I'm sorry you had to look at that.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Flu-X Version 0.8 Upgrade Complete
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2016, 11:34:36 AM »

The weapon_data.csv is lacking :/

Code
8480 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [flx_bile_cannon] not found in weapon_data.csv
8480 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [target_painter] not found in weapon_data.csv
8481 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [flx_tooth_gun] not found in weapon_data.csv
8481 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [flx_bug_swarmer] not found in weapon_data.csv
8481 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [sachumodo_weapon] not found in weapon_data.csv

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 01:44:31 PM »

The weapon_data.csv is lacking :/

Code
8480 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [flx_bile_cannon] not found in weapon_data.csv
8480 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [target_painter] not found in weapon_data.csv
8481 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [flx_tooth_gun] not found in weapon_data.csv
8481 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [flx_bug_swarmer] not found in weapon_data.csv
8481 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [sachumodo_weapon] not found in weapon_data.csv
That's weird... it should be in the mod.... I do notice "target_painter" and "sachumudo_weapon" among those and they are not from my mod.
I don't know whats going on here.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »

hey, spoortje1 did you ever played this game?
it has similar concept of zomified starships, like this one:
Spoiler
[close]
even considering that that zombie ships use no starsector ships as basis, they can still be dismembered for parts.
i uploaded all the graphics from the game here, .spz files are actually .png
thats not just ships, but also all sorts of stuff like veins, cracks, ifected cargocrates, guns etc...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:02:12 PM by passwalker »
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2016, 06:17:25 PM »

That's where I presume he had gotten a slight concept from, but he doesn't want to make it too similar.

Too many similarities can lead to bad things.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2016, 02:01:34 AM »

hey, spoortje1 did you ever played this game?
it has similar concept of zomified starships, like this one:
Spoiler
[close]
even considering that that zombie ships use no starsector ships as basis, they can still be dismembered for parts.
i uploaded all the graphics from the game here, .spz files are actually .png
thats not just ships, but also all sorts of stuff like veins, cracks, ifected cargocrates, guns etc...

This mod was actually inspired by the spaz zombies. Not sure if I should use parts of another game though. Not because it wouldn't look good but it would be out of place and wouldnt make sense to see spaz parts laying around in a starsector world. besides I don't think it is actually legal to use those things in my mods... not to sure though.

Awesome game though, can't wait for spaz 2!

That's where I presume he had gotten a slight concept from, but he doesn't want to make it too similar.

Too many similarities can lead to bad things.

Exactly
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:21:39 AM by spoortje1 »

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2016, 03:25:12 AM »

Not because it wouldn't look good but it would be out of place and wouldnt make sense to see spaz parts laying around in a starsector world. besides I don't think it is actually legal to use those things in my mods... not to sure though.
i'm not saying to just copy everything, just use some parts in sprites, like this:

cuz those veins and warts you draw look kinda simplish compared to starsector and SPAZ sprites
it was "Available: TBA" for about a year and last bit of news was 19 Dec 2014. kinda doubtful that it will be released at all.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:48:13 AM by passwalker »
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

DeathRay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2016, 04:46:21 AM »

Regarding the use of the sprites:
I'm not sure about that, but I don't think that you can use sprites from SPAZ in a mod for another game legally.
If you would want to do that, I would first ask for permission in the official Forums.
The Devs are relativly activ there. Not as much as Alex though... Keep up the good work!

And regarding SPAZ:
Well...
Last big post I found on the official Forums was on 23. Dec 2015.
I don't think there is a reason to doubt the Release of SPAZ 2 just yet.

And just for reference, here is a link to the post:
http://www.minmax-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4477&sid=e9305abcf655e85a41eee29f35014ed6

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2016, 06:33:26 AM »

Not because it wouldn't look good but it would be out of place and wouldnt make sense to see spaz parts laying around in a starsector world. besides I don't think it is actually legal to use those things in my mods... not to sure though.
i'm not saying to just copy everything, just use some parts in sprites, like this:

cuz those veins and warts you draw look kinda simplish compared to starsector and SPAZ sprites
it was "Available: TBA" for about a year and last bit of news was 19 Dec 2014. kinda doubtful that it will be released at all.
Looking good! I am horrible at spriting so that would be pretty hard to achieve for me.

As for spaz 2. I see regular updates on the spaz website and steam forum
http://www.minmax-games.com/forums/index.php
http://steamcommunity.com/app/252470

Spaz 2 should be released at the end of 2016

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2016, 08:02:27 AM »

Looking good! I am horrible at spriting so that would be pretty hard to achieve for me.
Not much work - took about 5 minutes to put it together from spaz parts. I'm willing to try to redo your sprites. Thought its up to you to deside if its acceptable to use some spaz parts or i'll have to google for some pics.
p.s.
Spoiler

skinner

ghoul

tarantula

reaper

mover
[close]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:26:42 AM by passwalker »

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »

Those are some horrifying sprites. I like it!

Maybe consider making eyes a system addition so they can blink and stare?

Also, laser eye beams.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:44:28 PM by Blaze »

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2016, 06:45:28 AM »

Although they look disgusting and amazing and I do appreciate the offer. I am not sure if I want to change my sprites. Mainly because it is something I made and poured many hours into (despite not looking great.)
Again I really do appreciate the offer and maybe in the future I will change my mind. ???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7