Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: enhance market intel.  (Read 1675 times)

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
enhance market intel.
« on: December 30, 2014, 04:59:35 PM »

in the current build we get updates quite often like

"XXX" market prices updated.

then if you go to the Intel tab you can see that "xxx", "yyy", and "zzz" had there prices updated..

to me this is a bit worthless, literally.

to me this is the equivalent of getting an ad on TV where Walmart is having a sale this weekend only with 50% price drops on all those things you wanted, so then you expect them to tell you the % of the price drop and the new price... and then they just don't tell you.

it would be more useful as intel if we could at least see the new prices and by what % they went up or down by.

perhaps eventually have a trait that affects this intel further and lets you "keep" this intel in a ledger so you can see what the prices "where" last you knew for a planet and then further upgrades tell you how old that information was.  then further again and you may get a range of what the prices have been in the past, then a further upgrade again and you may get a market average price. and then after that another upgrade and you get a list of possible suppliers/consumers.  and then you can go again an step further and see what the last known prices were for those items on those suppliers/consumers. "from your own last known intel"

this obviously would be a lot of work and require UI work. but i think it would be worth it when further "down the line" development happens for industry skills come about.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: enhance market intel.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 07:26:23 PM »

Um... Did you check the price tab and prices map tab?

TheOverWhelming

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:55:28 PM »

I didn't even know there was a price tab
Am I blind, along with Arwan?

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 06:15:14 PM »

I didn't even know there was a price tab
Am I blind, along with Arwan?

Don't worry, same thing happened to me, with very similar thought processes to Arwan when it first happened. I don't have access to my laptop right now so I can't boot up the game and check the exact process, but yeah, IIRC there's a tab in the Intel window (far right side) that is Prices (along with such selections as Events, Bounties, Factions, Systems, etc.) that will highlight price changes. Selecting the news item will give you markers on the map showing where the change occurred, and flavor text in the top right-ish corner saying what the new values are.