Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tips for a combat oriented character to get in more combat? :P  (Read 2176 times)

dogboy123

• Captain
  • Boron military barracuda
    • View Profile
Tips for a combat oriented character to get in more combat? :P
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:05:46 PM »

So far I'm loving the new update, haven't been on this site in quite some time. But I was wondering, what is a good way to get into more fights? so far I have over 200k credits and 3 ships, a Hammerhead, a Wolf and a Lasher. I am able to take on fleets 3 times my size, but It seems there are less pirates in this new version, is there a way I can kill more stuff without *** off the factions who could sell me ships?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:11:07 PM by dogboy123 »
"I'm expecting an all-out tactical dogfight... followed by a light dinner.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for a combat oriented character to get in more combat? :P
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:18:52 PM »

So far I'm loving the new update, haven't been on this site in quite some time. But I was wondering, what is a good way to get into more fights? so far I have over 200k credits and 3 ships, a Hammerhead, a Wolf and a Lasher. I am able to take on fleets 3 times my size, but It seems there are less pirates in this new version, is there a way I can kill more stuff without *** off the factions who could sell me ships?
Yeah; hunt the named bounty fleets. Not only are they more targets but they are harder AND they get stronger as you kill them off.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 09:49:28 AM »

It's going to take a very, very long time to get good reputation with ALL the factions. The way I play, I start the game by picking which faction I want to be allies with and I attack their enemies. It gets me reputation and cash a lot faster AND the fights are absolutely massive. Very large pirate fleets are rare, as opposed to faction fleets.

I'll keep this up as long as I can, until my fleet gets annihilated and then I restart the game and increment the roman numeral in my chracter's name. (Bockus I, Bockus II, Bockus III)
The last time it was the Hegemony, this time it's Try-Tachion and Imperium.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »

Trade's great for fueling a combat-oriented gameplay!

For example, in my current run, one poorly-judged trading run (using only a single Atlas!) sent my reputation with the Hegemony from about +7 directly to -75.  A poor call on their part; if they want to pick a fight because I happened to sell 2000 tons of supplies (and bought 2000 tons of volatiles) at someplace they didn't approve of... well, they're going to get more fight than they bargained for.

I have since swept several entire systems (temporarily) clean of Hegemony war fleets and patrols, and find myself wondering if whoever in their hierarchy decided to declare me kill-on-sight has been suitably chastised for such a catastrophically poor decision...
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.