Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54

Author Topic: Starsector 0.65.2a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 325251 times)

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.65.2a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2015, 05:54:51 PM »

Say, I hate to be that annoying person, but is there a release date more specific than "sometime between today and the heat death of the universe"?

While the additions so far are definitely noteworthy, the one I really care about is the "Saves aren't so ridiculously huge" thing, as I'm playing the game on a glorified toaster.

TheBawkHawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2015, 08:48:04 PM »

Say, I hate to be that annoying person, but is there a release date more specific than "sometime between today and the heat death of the universe"?

While the additions so far are definitely noteworthy, the one I really care about is the "Saves aren't so ridiculously huge" thing, as I'm playing the game on a glorified toaster.

Yes, in fact there is. The update will be released sometime between today and the day BEFORE the heat death of the universe.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2015, 04:08:30 AM »

Topic locked anyone?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2015, 01:23:37 PM »

Topic locked everyone!

Until further news, of course.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2015, 02:02:52 PM »

This has probably been the longest-running patch notes thread before getting locked - more than 2 months of pretty good arguements.

Also, seems 'tis not locked. ;)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 09, 2015, 12:52:56 PM »

Updated! Doing some playtesting now to catch any bugs that may have been introduced; if all goes well, should release within a day or two.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 09, 2015, 12:53:57 PM »

Mein got, something happened! :D

Awesome, we're getting close.
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 09, 2015, 12:56:22 PM »

Mein got, something happened! :D

I know, right? Can't wait to finally get this out the door and move on to things that are more, uh, new things.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 09, 2015, 01:05:16 PM »

I'm uber-excited to try out those reload mechanics - especially with the newly-buffed Mojinir Cannon.

It's also nice that decivilized markets don't investigate stuff anymore - Now I can drop off and get as much stuff from them as I like. :D

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 09, 2015, 01:23:09 PM »

Alright, custom "credit" symbol...

Check. ;)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 09, 2015, 01:25:53 PM »

Good stuff, especially the better targeting AI for non-circular ships.

Quick question if I may: does the clip reload mechanic interact with the expanded magazines hull mod, and if so, how?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

bills6693

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 09, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »

"Hide hullmods that can't be installed" no longer hides hullmods that only can't be installed because they cost too many ordnance points
I actually used that feature - I'd have my ship set up how I like with the bare essensial mods/weapons and then used that 'hide hullmods I can't fit/afford' to work out how to spend the rest of my OP.

Would be nice to have a second checkbox? I.E. a 'Hide incompatable hullmods' and a 'hide unaffordable hullmods' box?

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 09, 2015, 01:41:21 PM »

Ship and weapon AI now more aware of target ship's overall shape (i.e. handles wide + short or long + narrow targets better)

Didn't expect this at all. Gooood.  ;D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 09, 2015, 01:56:36 PM »

Reload mechanics aren't really meant to be a buff from what I can tell. Indeed, in shorter battles it will probably be a nerf. All-in-all it will probably end up about even.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2015, 01:58:39 PM »

Quick question if I may: does the clip reload mechanic interact with the expanded magazines hull mod, and if so, how?

The hullmod increases the maximum ammo. So, for example, if you had 100 ammo and a clip size of 20 (so, 5 clips), and you get +50% from expanded magazines, you'd have 150 ammo, a clip size of 20, and 7.5 clips. The number of clips is a stat derived from max ammo and clip size, so it doesn't actually have to evenly fit into max ammo, and isn't used for anything aside from giving you a sense for what fraction of the ammo gets reloaded per reload.

I actually used that feature - I'd have my ship set up how I like with the bare essensial mods/weapons and then used that 'hide hullmods I can't fit/afford' to work out how to spend the rest of my OP.

Would be nice to have a second checkbox? I.E. a 'Hide incompatable hullmods' and a 'hide unaffordable hullmods' box?

Ah, hmm. I don't want to mess with it for this release, but let me think about it. It does seem like the color-coding (red = unavailable) would still help you out here, with the list already being pruned of anything that's inapplicable. I suppose whether that's superior to outright hiding those mods is debatable/subjective. You generally don't have that many hullmod options available in the campaign, though.

Reload mechanics aren't really meant to be a buff from what I can tell. Indeed, in shorter battles it will probably be a nerf. All-in-all it will probably end up about even.

Yeah, they're not intended as either buff or nerf, but more for flavor, although I it *is* a buff in extra-long battles, especially in cases when a ship's peak effectiveness isn't ticking down.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54