Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shields, flux em.  (Read 4970 times)

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Shields, flux em.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 06:49:27 PM »

I've upgraded to a quartet of tempests now. A single heavy blaster and atropos rack on each. 10 cap/flux, ITU, aux thrusters and accelerated shields. Make for nice little skirmishers and they're nippy enough to have a fair chance of getting out of harm's way. Their drones also really help with making clean getaways.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 11:26:17 AM »

There's the option to change your shield's configuration with hull mods, I'd like to see a hull mod to just uninstall the shield entirely.

The Starsector+ mod has one, which increases your vent rate by something like 25 or 30 percent. Figures that I started playing high-tech now that I have the option to ditch shields, eh?
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Bob McBobbyton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 03:12:49 PM »

The problem could depend on your loadout. I use the onslaught in a same way because of the shockingly bad shield but I never have problems with hegemony ships being destroyed by high tech ships. it could also depend on your fleet style. I have a carrier based fleet (1 onslaught, 3 herons, 7 thunders, 5 broadswords and some gladius) I had no problem with the high tech because I could overwhelm them.
*warning lights* Arcturus Fleet Inbound *warning lights*
Pages: 1 [2]