Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: sinking the bismar has seriously broken balance.  (Read 2685 times)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
sinking the bismar has seriously broken balance.
« on: February 17, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »

it is both hideously difficult to play the way it was meant to be played, but also pathetically easy if you DON'T send out the hyperion; if fact, the mission can be won without any player input after sending out all but the hyperion and giving capture orders, that is just how easy it is. seems the hyperion got overnerfed, and the tempests are too strong for this mission.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: sinking the bismar has seriously broken balance.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »

Really? I just played it through with the Hyperion and had 0 problems beating it, not much difference from before. The Hyperion wasn't nerfed, btw - just had flux values rebalanced (can still fire both AM blasters, as before).

Are you sure you don't have a mod enabled that tweaks the Hyperion in some way? Like I said, I just played this through and am just not seeing a difference.

Fair enough on the Tempests being able to beat it alone, but the Hyperion makes it a *much* faster win.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »

Really? The speed on the hyperion has definitely been lowered, and the armor value seems to be lower (Then again, weapons damage could have been altered), and I'm only playing with my mod, which I'm /pretty/ sure doesn't change the hyperion. >.>

Are you playing on full damage or half damage? I'm using full damage.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 11:49:59 AM »

Heheh, you got me, it was on half damage (oops!). Just tried it on full, though, with much the same result - no trouble dodging the missiles or any other fire, and plenty of flux to either plow through a swarm of LRMs or fire the AM blasters. Still doesn't feel any different from before!

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 12:09:48 PM »

What is the max speed you are getting?

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 12:18:14 PM »

Ok, I think I know what happened, it wasn't the hyperion that got overwritten by my mod, it was the onslaught ;) - the correct one doesn't have a bunch of rear-facing railguns. >.>

BUT, the hyperion is slower by 25 units than before ;)

SgtAlex86

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 12:35:53 PM »

Ok, I think I know what happened, it wasn't the hyperion that got overwritten by my mod, it was the onslaught ;) - the correct one doesn't have a bunch of rear-facing railguns. >.>

... railguns.... no butt****** that onslaught...  :o

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 01:14:21 PM »

Ahh, heheh. I don't remember making that change, but I'm sure I had a good reason :D