Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HELP  (Read 9498 times)

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
HELP
« on: November 19, 2014, 07:52:50 PM »

how do i make it so I only purchase a set amount of supplies instead of trying to buy all 4000 of them

TheBawkHawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:55:33 PM »

how do i make it so I only purchase a set amount of supplies instead of trying to buy all 4000 of them

Either hold shift to get a slider, or shift-click to select one at a time.

TheBawkHawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 07:59:56 PM »

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH

No problem, glad to help.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 08:44:35 PM »

Bounties are claimed automatically as long as you aren't too negative with the faction who set it.

You can 'remove' Tariffs by buying/selling on the black market, though that comes with risks. For trading, look out for events, typically food shortages and trade disruptions.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 08:47:37 PM »

ok how to remove tarrifs as well :(
Note: the following steps re-write some of the core game rules (not that particular file, though), so be warned.

Open up the following file in NotePad++: <Starsector install path>\starsector-core\data\campaign\econ\economy.json

Find the following line:

"defaultTariff":0.3,"

and replace it with:

"defaultTariff":0.0,"

and then save. Just be sure to make a backup copy of said file elsewhere, before saving. Just in case.

Better yet, make a backup archive (.7z, .rar, .zip, etc.) of the whole frakking game folder.

Or be prepare to uninstall/re-install the game as necessary when some changes... don't actually do what you expected.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:50:22 PM by TimeDiver »

TheBawkHawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 09:00:13 PM »

thank you and also how do you claim bounties :(

Should be as simple as killing the fleet the bounty is listed against. Note, however, that you need to kill ALL of the ships in the fleet, including fighters. You have to be the one to kill the last ship in their fleet. If a fighter wing gets away and disappears into the void, you won't get the bounty. If you kill the bulk of the fleet, and another fleet finishes them off, you wont get the bounty.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:10:47 PM »

Should be as simple as killing the fleet the bounty is listed against. Note, however, that you need to kill ALL of the ships in the fleet, including fighters. You have to be the one to kill the last ship in their fleet. If a fighter wing gets away and disappears into the void, you won't get the bounty. If you kill the bulk of the fleet, and another fleet finishes them off, you wont get the bounty.

Actually, you only have to kill the flagship.  This might be bugged in vanilla, but it works properly in SS+.

TheBawkHawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »

Actually, you only have to kill the flagship.  This might be bugged in vanilla, but it works properly in SS+.

Really? It seemed to work how I described in vanilla. Oh well.

Andy H.K.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »

ok guys how do i unpiss off the independent
At what standing level are you with them? Killing pirates where they posted a bounty should do the trick.

TheBawkHawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 11:19:14 PM »

How *** are they? If they're vengeful, good luck (you can't do anything about it). I think I heard somewhere around these parts that killing their enemies (not bounties, it has to be unpaid) in a system with one of their stations in it would make them (slowly) like you more.

Aeson

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 11:51:49 PM »

where can you find the wolf ship I want to buy more
The Hegemony military and Tri-Tachyon military markets can carry them. Maybe also Knights of Ludd and Diktat military, but I hardly ever look at what they have. Hegemony has military markets in Corvus, Valhalla, and Arcadia, if I'm not mistaken; the only Tri-Tachyon military market is at Tibicena in the Magec system. You can additionally find Wolf-Ds on the black market and at pirate stations, and maybe a fully-functional Wolf will show up once in a while, but I wouldn't count on it as I cannot recall ever seeing one show up.

Hegemony Wolves are given a brown color scheme, while Tri-Tachyon has them in blue; both have the same turret mounts, statistics, and engine glows, if I'm not mistaken.

I think I heard somewhere around these parts that killing their enemies (not bounties, it has to be unpaid) in a system with one of their stations in it would make them (slowly) like you more.
I think that it's that completing bounties for a party that you've ticked off will result in a relations improvement but you won't be paid for the job, rather than that you have to kill targets that they don't have bounties out on to improve relations. I'm not sure, though, since I've not ticked off any of the factions that I want to have good relations with so far.

In addition to pirate hunting, you might be able to get a bit of a boost in relations by open market trade, if they are not too ticked off. If you can haul enough food around to end a food shortage on your own, you might also try that, as the text that comes up when you sell a world enough food to end a shortage suggests that the faction that owns the world will look more favorably upon you as a result of your actions (just try to avoid situations where you can be blamed for market manipulations that started the crisis - such as, say, buying all ~500 food on Sindria to sell to Volturn during a crisis, getting a notification just after you stopped at Volturn that Sindria is now in a food crisis, and deciding to go pick up a huge load of food at Tartessus to dump on Sindria for a significant profit). This can require a fairly considerable cargo capacity, as shortages can require thousands of food to terminate, and if you don't bring in a large enough fraction of that you'll only see something like "relief fleets captained by your character and other independent shippers ended the crisis" or "a relief fleet from _ arrived and ended the crisis" or even just "a combination of market conditions and independent shippers ended the crisis," which are not what you want - you want the "crisis ended due to the timely arrival of a relief fleet commanded by your character" message.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 12:37:19 AM »

It depends on how angry they are. If at -75 or below (vengeful) then you can't ever make them happy. If your rep is higher than that then you can kill pirates while they have bounties going.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 01:31:01 AM »

I see what you're doing here. 10/10

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 05:40:20 AM »

It depends on how angry they are. If at -75 or below (vengeful) then you can't ever make them happy. If your rep is higher than that then you can kill pirates while they have bounties going.

-76 is vengeful, not -75.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 02:37:18 PM »

Anyone thinks -95 should be the vengeful limit, more importantly, the limit where they don't even want to hear from you and won't let you dock at their stations no matter what? -75 is just so easy to get by just risking one or two attacks. A late inspection in a smuggle and you're toast.
Pages: [1] 2