Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Setting AI?  (Read 4847 times)

SatchelCharge

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Setting AI?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 02:22:54 PM »

My biggest gripe is actually that the ECCM hullmod is too expensive to put both that and larger racks on - considering its a level 7 tech in a tree dedicated solely to missiles it would be nice to be able to use it more. Eh, minor thing.

I'm with you there, definitely.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 05:18:07 PM »

Okay, so after shooting up every fleet I've run into some careful deliberation, I've decided that this is one of those "feature, not bug" things.

Missile-based ships will indeed use their FMR repeatedly if they notice there's a ship that's overloaded of if they're surrounded by enemies.

Perhaps in the future there'll be a more customizable AI, or at least some form of order that functions as a panic button and makes them unload everything.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 10:54:39 PM »

Okay, so after shooting up every fleet I've run into some careful deliberation, I've decided that this is one of those "feature, not bug" things.

Missile-based ships will indeed use their FMR repeatedly if they notice there's a ship that's overloaded of if they're surrounded by enemies.

Perhaps in the future there'll be a more customizable AI, or at least some form of order that functions as a panic button and makes them unload everything.
...?  I know Buffalo 2's already "panic" and flush their Salamander racks when they're low on health... same with Lashers and Wolves and their Harpoons.  I suppose the problem here would be that ships with FMR would only be beaten down if their flux bars were already maxed out, so they can't continue to flush their Pilums etc.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 07:03:53 AM »

Just curious about something, when are we gonna see different AI types in the core game? I've been looking forward to it for the longest time, not knowing the exact behavior of my enemy when I engage them and so on.
Pages: 1 [2]