Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone found an astral-class yet?  (Read 8556 times)

Bob McBobbyton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Anyone found an astral-class yet?
« on: November 10, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »

So I've been playing the new update, got a few million, a large fleet of carriers and fighters, got a high level and have almost 100 reputation with all the main factions (hegemony, tri-tac and mercs) but I cant find an astral-class super carrier. This got me wondering: 'does anyone else have an astral and how do I get one?' Help would be appreciated!
*warning lights* Arcturus Fleet Inbound *warning lights*

Jazwana

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone found an astral-class yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 03:01:54 PM »

Tri-Tach military can carry them, I've seen them in my not current save.

Sovietpride

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 05:10:26 AM »

never seen one in a fleet.
Only time i saw one was when it was up for purchase, but thats with in the mod starsector + mod.

known issue that certain vessels are stupendously rare to come across...

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 05:15:09 AM »

The achman station in my saved game havent changed ships since I was level 5, I am level 40 on that save now.

I think you have to buy all the ships so they will get new ones.  Might be a problematic problem.

bills6693

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 05:29:43 AM »

The achman station in my saved game havent changed ships since I was level 5, I am level 40 on that save now.

I think you have to buy all the ships so they will get new ones.  Might be a problematic problem.
I've had this too! People keep saying it gets refreshed every 30 days but I have gone most of my game waiting for different ships there, never change...

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:03:40 AM »

Tri-Tach military can carry them, I've seen them in my not current save.

Where is the Tri-Tach homeworld? Are they only in Magec?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 09:41:35 AM »

Their only military base is at Achaman in the Magec system.

Sovietpride

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 12:28:34 PM »

Theres a tri-tach outpost in teh valhalla system...

cardgame

• Commander
  • Sonic Rainboom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »

The TTT are a surprising non-presence for the most part, I have seen an Astral for sale in Tibicena/Achaman before but not in a fleet.

Cromodus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 01:12:13 PM »

Yeah but they never sell anything interesting.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »

I've actually seen a lot of Astrals in TT fleets (dedicated fighter fleets) my first playthrough - destroyed about 3 of them over the course of my hostility before I decided fighting fighter spam was a pain in the arse and upped my reputation with with them just a bit.  Haven't seen one for sale anywhere, though.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

shazbot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 04:30:46 PM »

The only military base owned by the Tri-Tachyon faction is in Magec, for now.
Code
"entities":["tibicena", "achaman_enterprise_station"],
"faction":"tritachyon",
"size":4,
"startingConditions":[
"military_base", # temporary, need *some* market to have tri-tach military equipment for sale for now

If the market relies on the player buying capital ships worth +$300.000 so that it can replace them with another class (or the same one), you're really unlikely to see an Astral Carrier. Military dockyards should have a specific list of ships for sale, creating them at random until the list has been fulfilled.

It's annoying having to visit the same system every 30 days and buying everything in hopes of getting something so common in try tach fleets.

bills6693

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 04:48:54 AM »

If the market relies on the player buying capital ships worth +$300.000 so that it can replace them with another class (or the same one), you're really unlikely to see an Astral Carrier. Military dockyards should have a specific list of ships for sale, creating them at random until the list has been fulfilled.

It's annoying having to visit the same system every 30 days and buying everything in hopes of getting something so common in try tach fleets.
Kind of. I think that you shouldn't have to buy them but I think an element of random should be in there. Its like they happen to have these ships overproduced/spare so they sell them, but if you don't buy them someone else should meaning the market gets re-stocked with fresh ships.

I think there should be two mechanics at play here - you should have the 'open market' which is what we have now, random ships for sale because they are the random spares/decomissioned ships. You should also have a 'to order' market at each military shipyard. This is where you can say "I want x ship(s) produced" and it will be produced, taking more time for bigger ships. But this should come with a significant cost, probably double of the cost of buying 'spare' ones on the open market.

Should probably post in 'suggestions'...

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »

I have bought several Paragon and Odyssey, and they replace it with yet another.  No Astral yet.  Even when I have eight-digit balance, I still dislike spending so much money for a ship I do not need, especially when I cannot find enough top-line energy weaponry to buy and arm those ships.

gladius2metal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »

you should be able to order one for like 2-5 times the normal price. Same for weapons. I have like 1.5 mio (which is nothing), but I have like 4 Medusas, 1 Paragon, 1 Apogee, 1 Heron, 2 Hammerheads, about 8 fighter wings, some Mules, Freighters, Tankers, etc. just sitting in my storage. While my fleet consists of 2 Odysee, 3 Herons and about 10 fighter/bomber wings...

so basically I kill every famous pirate, have +100 with all except pirates and luddites (about 40), but no Astral for me? (or that mega Tanker)...

also searching for dagger wings and other stuff is annoying too, I have the money, they should bring or build that stuff.
Pages: [1] 2