Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Conquest, anyone?  (Read 9001 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest, anyone?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 05:20:20 AM »

EH! whatevs! Onslaught is the way to go! 8)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 05:52:47 AM »

EH! whatevs! Onslaught is the way to go! 8)
Yeah, an expensive way to go BOOM!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Dratai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 05:48:49 PM »

Conquests are the penultimate: I put all my skill points into *** *** up and want to be able to fight multiple things with minimum ships.
Onslaughts are more: that thing right infront of me? dead.
Paragon be like: can't touch this, everyone else go nuts.
Odyssey be like: long range and long engagement? yeeeee!
Astral kinda like: If it isn't a fighter, it shouldn't be in this fleet.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 08:16:40 PM »

Conquests are the penultimate: I put all my skill points into *** *** up and want to be able to fight multiple things with minimum ships.
Onslaughts are more: that thing right infront of me? dead.

OFF TOPIC!
Penultimate means second to last, from your descriptions i'd presume you mean it's the best capital.
OFF TOPIC OVER!

Has anyone seen a Paragon or Conquest yet? i've been looking for them because i need an anchor for my new fleet i'm building and these are my two favorite capitals ( other than the Astral, but this fleet only has like 3 fighters in it an Astral would be a giant waste)
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Aeson

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 08:37:12 PM »

Penultimate means second to last, from your descriptions i'd presume you mean it's the best capital.
True, but if you want to go down that road, I need only point out that ultimate means (or at least, can mean) last. So since the pen- prefix means "next to" or "nearly," we can either assume that the penultimate capital ship is the second-worst capital ship, in which case the ultimate capital ship is the worst, or the penultimate capital ship is the second-best capital ship, in which case the ultimate capital ship is the best. And while it may sound somewhat like Dratai wanted to use "ultimate" or "best," I would point out that Dratai says that Onslaughts are more (presumably meaning Onslaughts are even more this than the Conquest, i.e. that Dratai considers the Onslaught to be the ultimate capital).

Has anyone seen a Paragon or Conquest yet? i've been looking for them because i need an anchor for my new fleet i'm building and these are my two favorite capitals ( other than the Astral, but this fleet only has like 3 fighters in it an Astral would be a giant waste)
I'm fairly certain that I've seen a Paragon at either Tibicena or Skathi, though I'm not certain. I don't think I've yet seen a Conquest, though I don't really check the independent markets that often and I have not thus far bothered gaining access to the Sindrian military market in any of my games.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 08:45:53 PM »

OFF TOPIC!

True, but if you want to go down that road, I need only point out that ultimate means (or at least, can mean) last. So since the pen- prefix means "next to" or "nearly," we can either assume that the penultimate capital ship is the second-worst capital ship, in which case the ultimate capital ship is the worst, or the penultimate capital ship is the second-best capital ship, in which case the ultimate capital ship is the best. And while it may sound somewhat like Dratai wanted to use "ultimate" or "best," I would point out that Dratai says that Onslaughts are more (presumably meaning Onslaughts are even more this than the Conquest, i.e. that Dratai considers the Onslaught to be the ultimate capital).

Indeed, although i took this line : "Onslaughts are more: that thing right infront of me? dead."
to mean that this is how onslaughts act, and given the context of the next few lines;

we can infer that he is not using proper grammar in the rest of his post. So he is unlikely using the word Penultimate correctly.

OFF TOPIC OVER!

I'm fairly certain that I've seen a Paragon at either Tibicena or Skathi, though I'm not certain. I don't think I've yet seen a Conquest, though I don't really check the independent markets that often and I have not thus far bothered gaining access to the Sindrian military market in any of my games.

Thanks for the intel i'll be sure to swing by and take a look there more often.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Dratai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 07:29:21 AM »

Actually.
I gave an apt description of what everything does.
With subpar spelling and word use errors.

What I meant to say is that you honestly don't need much of any skillpoints to use a conquest well.
Right up there with onslaught.

I was insinuating also that conquest in particular does better with tech points than combat points.

It is very much a ship that benefits from more OP than most other capitals.

I was also mildly drunk and tired.
I apologize.

Dratai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 07:31:40 AM »

Before you ask, Yes I become very strange when tipsy.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »

For those having trouble finding ships: don't forget that the game divides ships into three tiers or epochs: Mastery epoch (high armor, low shields, ballistic focus, usually brownish colour scheme), Expansion (blended focus, usually grey colour scheme), and Modern epoch (high shields, low armor, energy focus, usually light blue colour scheme). If you are unable to find a particular ship, you may be looking on planets that normally sell the wrong epoch ship. If I recall correctly, Hegemony bases sell Mastery, Sindrian Diktat sells Expansion, and Tri-Tachyon sells Modern ships.

If you're having no luck finding a particular ship, you may just be searching bases that have the wrong epoch ships. Try adjusting your search accordingly.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:49:10 PM by Regularity »

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »

Got excited for a second!

But lady luck gave me the worthless falcon as salvage :(

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2014, 08:05:07 PM »

For those having trouble finding ships: don't forget that the game divides ships into three tiers or epochs: Mastery epoch (high armor, low shields, ballistic focus, usually brownish colour scheme), Expansion (blended focus, usually grey colour scheme), and Modern epoch (high shields, low armor, energy focus, usually light blue colour scheme). If you are unable to find a particular ship, you may be looking on planets that normally sell the wrong epoch ship. If I recall correctly, Hegemony bases sell Mastery, Sindrian Diktat sells Expansion, and Tri-Tachyon sells Modern ships.

If you're having no luck finding a particular ship, you may just be searching bases that have the wrong epoch ships. Try adjusting your search accordingly.
BOTH of the mid line (Expansion) users don't offer Conquests. The Indies don't have a military Market (which is required to get caps) and the Sindrians sell Onslaughts sadly
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2014, 10:03:08 PM »

I was reading the Sindaria flavor text, and now they're essentially the dictatorial progeny of the hegemony. Which might explain the lack of conquests, but I feel like the splintering would make Sindaria and Jangala a little less friendly.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2014, 11:16:59 PM »

I know there is a lack of conquests, I feel the feels y'all...  :( But I predict the not-yet-implemented Persean League will probably feature the rare beasts. After some file searching, I found they are an anti-Hegemony indie confederation, and assuming they might have ties to the Tri-Tachs (The enemy of my enemy is my friend), Oddesseys and Conquests will probably be their capships.

shazbot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 07:51:44 PM »

and a bunch of tri-tach ships literally don't exist. i'm like 5 years into the game and have 3~ million credits stable, several battleships etc and with basically constant searching i have not seen anything uncommon.

All it takes is patience and a lot of money. Check Achaman Enterprise Station's Military dockyard monthly and you're likely to find something.

I decided to keep track of whatever high tech ships were there at the time for a few months, started with 3 million credits (bought destroyers/frigates), visited that station monthly while picking a system for it's bounties and this is what I found.

AUG 17 210 - ODYSSEY / MEDUSA
SEP 24 210 - ODYSSEY / MEDUSA AURORA WASP
OCT 24 210 - ODYSSEY / APOGEE
NOV 20 210 - NO CHANGE
DEC 25 210 - STILL NO CHANGE, BOUGHT ODYSSEY
DEC 28 210 - ODYSSEY / MEDUSA MEDUSA
JAN 27 211 - ODYSSEY / DOOM DOOM WASP

Half a year later (Jun 211) and the best I've managed to get was a single Hyperion frigate and three Omen Frigates. Never found an Astral Carrier.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 09:02:18 PM »

Many high tech ships just aren't sold anywhere, period. Apogee, omen, aurora, astral, i have spent time searching every port in the game under various levels of stability, with a particular focus on the tritach military market. They've been effectively removed from the game.
Pages: 1 [2]