Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Conquest, anyone?  (Read 9045 times)

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
Conquest, anyone?
« on: November 06, 2014, 06:52:04 AM »

Has any of you ever found a Conquest in the new version? I'm getting through my third playthrough and I have never seen one, in fleets or in stores anywhere. It's quite ridiculous.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 07:07:50 AM »

pretty much nobody uses them, so pretty much nobody builds them.

There's a low chance they'll be added as a random ship in a market refresh, but it is pretty low.

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 07:28:40 AM »

Sindria MIGHT have one, chance seems to be higher because of the Dikitats' reliability on Core Epoch ships.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »

Aint seen one yet.

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:25:26 AM »

I think Sindrian Diktat fleets should include Conquests. It would make them more available on the market, and provide a little variety in things to fight.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 11:56:38 AM »

I think Sindrian Diktat fleets should include Conquests. It would make them more available on the market, and provide a little variety in things to fight.
Not to mention SELL the damn things! I mean we already have the Ludd, pirates and Heg selling low tech vessels and Indie doesn't have a military market (which is BS IMO since the pirates get one) so the Sindrian should damn well use and sell them as they are the main mid line user
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

lemmington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »

There's a low chance they'll be added as a random ship in a market refresh, but it is pretty low.

I use the conquest and i personbally preferr the the faster battlecruiser then the other slow FULL GUNS battleships. And if you put the right mods in it i can just cicrle around any of the other capital (and even some cruisers) while delivering one of his broad sides to it, and not even a paragon can withstand that.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 12:20:52 PM »

I use the conquest and i personbally preferr the the faster battlecruiser then the other slow FULL GUNS battleships. And if you put the right mods in it i can just cicrle around any of the other capital (and even some cruisers) while delivering one of his broad sides to it, and not even a paragon can withstand that.
I think he is talking about the AI not using them, not the players
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 12:50:39 PM »

I think I saw a pirate bounty with one once, wasn't boardable though :( Its a shame how hard it is to get some of these high end ships.

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 01:30:36 PM »

conquest, hyperion, eagle, falcon, and a bunch of tri-tach ships literally don't exist. i'm like 5 years into the game and have 3~ million credits stable, several battleships etc and with basically constant searching i have not seen anything uncommon. half of the higher-tech hegemony fleet doesn't exist, ditto with tri-tach. in fact cruisers in general are ridiculously rare, even the ones where it says in the description "is a mainstay of the hegemony fleet" or whatever. meanwhile jangala is selling 4 onslaughts, apparently nigh-impossible to assemble relics.

please fix market % of certain ships, it's bonkers how rare this stuff is.

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 04:01:17 PM »

conquest, hyperion, eagle, falcon, and a bunch of tri-tach ships literally don't exist. i'm like 5 years into the game and have 3~ million credits stable, several battleships etc and with basically constant searching i have not seen anything uncommon. half of the higher-tech hegemony fleet doesn't exist, ditto with tri-tach. in fact cruisers in general are ridiculously rare, even the ones where it says in the description "is a mainstay of the hegemony fleet" or whatever. meanwhile jangala is selling 4 onslaughts, apparently nigh-impossible to assemble relics.

please fix market % of certain ships, it's bonkers how rare this stuff is.

I haven't had too much trouble finding Eagles and Falcons. They definitely aren't as available as some other ships, but as long as I check everywhere I go I usually will find one here and there. For a long time I was running a fleet of three Eagles and three Lashers to good effect. There is definitely a distinct lack of other cruiser class vessels for sale, though. A Dominator is even a somewhat rare sight, but Aurora or Apogee? Forget it.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 05:52:23 PM »

conquest, hyperion, eagle, falcon, and a bunch of tri-tach ships literally don't exist.
Don't forget Monitors... it was painfully minded by an opposing fleet that I lost my entire fleet because some Monitors held them at bay. And to think that I have been looking for Monitors for that sole defensive purpose!  :-X Be it Tri-Tach or Sindria, or even Ludd, I know something's off when their ship availability is skewed.

XJD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 08:09:35 PM »

Haven't seen one being sold yet, but I've managed to capture one from a bounty mission.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 11:14:59 PM »

I must have some amazing luck i've seen nearly every ship people say are rare, all except the conquest and the paragon and im only like 8-10 months into my current save file. I will say I saw the TT ones only once, and when I came back to buy them 4 days later they were gone  :(

As for eagles and falcons the hegemony on Jengala seem to be selling them nearly constantly for me. Unless ship names change everytime i open the store ( they don't) they are continuously "being sold" and "being made". Same goes for monitors. ( not sure why/how the hegemony keep getting their low tech hands on such a high tech piece of frigate kit)

I might be mistaken but in the previous version didn't the Sindria Diktat's main fleet have conquests in them? that might have been a mod though like Vanilla + or torn up plenty doing that but I don't know for sure. With any luck they might pop out a conquest if you go harass them enough to really *** em off.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Ronald Klein

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 03:25:09 AM »

I must have some amazing luck i've seen nearly every ship people say are rare, all except the conquest and the paragon and im only like 8-10 months into my current save file. I will say I saw the TT ones only once, and when I came back to buy them 4 days later they were gone  :(

As for eagles and falcons the hegemony on Jengala seem to be selling them nearly constantly for me. Unless ship names change everytime i open the store ( they don't) they are continuously "being sold" and "being made". Same goes for monitors. ( not sure why/how the hegemony keep getting their low tech hands on such a high tech piece of frigate kit)

I might be mistaken but in the previous version didn't the Sindria Diktat's main fleet have conquests in them? that might have been a mod though like Vanilla + or torn up plenty doing that but I don't know for sure. With any luck they might pop out a conquest if you go harass them enough to really *** em off.

That's what I was thinking.Since they had Conquests in the last version I am about to embark on a personal crusade against Sindria. So far only Onslaughts...
Pages: [1] 2