Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ship launched into space?  (Read 1836 times)

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
ship launched into space?
« on: November 03, 2014, 04:53:22 AM »

Hello Alex and the rest reading.

I did not really know of a good title, but i hope it will become more clear with some explanation. I was fighting a luddic church detachement in hyperspace near the eos fringe jump point. I am on the latest patch and running the following mods:

It all went well untill i had practically beaten the fleet, when i got "pinged" into space. I was piloting a shade and near some other ships when this happened:

Notice the extreme speed and the friendly ship markers on the right. I have no clue what might have caused this, and it has never happened to me before. I you need more information let me know.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:36:52 AM by maffo »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: ship launched into space?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »

Huh, that's really weird!

Doesn't seem at first glance that the mods you have enabled could be responsible, but I suppose you never know.

Do you remember what happened after this? Did your ship gradually slow down?

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 09:56:57 AM »

it slowed down, but i was afraid for the possible consequences so i claimed victory as soon as i could. There was no additional damage to the ship or any other consequences.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:58:37 AM by maffo »

Andy H.K.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 10:26:47 AM »

I'm thinking of one thing.

Was your ships or any AI ships around you phasing/un-phasing when the "launch" happen?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 07:36:55 PM »

Spoiler
This bug happens to me, though I have only ever noticed it with modded factions previously.  In all cases, it happens to the player ship when phasing/un-phasing.

It's possibly an issue with LazyLib or Common Radar, as that has been the only commonality between times I have witnessed this bug. (other than ShaderLib, which cannot possibly be the cause)

Please note that this bug has been around since 0.6.2a; it is not caused by 0.65a.
[close]

Edit: Mods rules out

This bug appears to be a vanilla issue; none of the mods you have activated could possibly cause this behavior.  Common Radar does not influence velocity ever, ShaderLib does not influence velocity ever, no mod you have active uses the LazyLib functions that influence velocity, and LeadingPip cannot be the culprit either.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:01:31 PM by Dark.Revenant »