Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Another small button on the fleet screen  (Read 1228 times)

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
Another small button on the fleet screen
« on: October 28, 2014, 01:31:46 PM »

So, I've recently realized I could hold more loot and supplies if I had a dedicated freighter with me, only now the "all" button for reinforcement before battles becomes moot.. I definitely don't want to deploy my unarmed freighter into a even battle.. it would in all likelihood just die.

So what I propose is another button right where scuttle, mothball and all those other buttons are. In my mind this button would mark the ship as a non-combat, civilian, or freighter. which would mean it would not not automatically be included when you click the "all" button on the reinforcement screen before a battle.

It would still be manually selectable if you really wanted to deploy it for some reason, and it would obviously still be deployed if you are trying to run away from a pursuer.

Only now, even with dedicated freighters you could hit the "all" and then "deploy" without having to manually either click off all the freighters, or click your combat ships one by one.

I'm sure it could be solved another way as well if the button won't fit or whatever..

Thoughts?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Another small button on the fleet screen
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:34:43 PM »

If you select the ships you want to deploy and press Ctrl-1, you'll create a control group. From that point on, pressing "1" in the deployment dialog will select/unselect all members of the group. Pressing 1 in the combat map will select all members of the group. Does that help here?

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
Re: Another small button on the fleet screen
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 01:39:33 PM »

If you select the ships you want to deploy and press Ctrl-1, you'll create a control group. From that point on, pressing "1" in the deployment dialog will select/unselect all members of the group. Pressing 1 in the combat map will select all members of the group. Does that help here?

Ah, yes, it does, I had no idea that control group designation worked on the deployment screen!

I figure the suggestion I had is more "visible" to new players but I also understand something like that would be very low on the priority list :)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer