Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: not destroyed destroyed fighters?!  (Read 1448 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
not destroyed destroyed fighters?!
« on: October 28, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »

Apologies if this is not a bug (I haven't really attempted to use fighters in quite a while).

Sinking the Bis'mar mission:

During the battle one of my Wasp fighter wings was wiped out, and the in-mission log reflected this.

In the after-mission report, the ship icon & pop-up window confirm this. (destroyed icon, and 'Disabled or destroyed' description respectively.)
However, in the main summary they're listed as 'Deployed' not 'Disabled' or 'Destroyed' as would happen for Frigates+.
I also scored 100%, which I would expect to be impossible if you lose some ships.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:45:52 AM by TJJ »

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
Re: not destroyed destroyed fighters?!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:14:40 PM »

Apologies if this is not a bug (I haven't really attempted to use fighters in quite a while).

Sinking the Bis'mar mission:

During the battle one of my Wasp fighter wings was wiped out, and the in-mission log reflected this.

In the after-mission report, the ship icon & pop-up window confirm this. (destroyed icon, and 'Disabled or destroyed' description respectively.)
However, in the main summary they're listed as 'Deployed' not 'Disabled' or 'Destroyed' as would happen for Frigates+.
I also scored 100%, which I would expect to be impossible if you lose some ships.

Spoiler
[close]

I've noticed something that is probably related.. sometimes fighter wings that are destroyed are still represented on the tactical map but completely untargetable and there is nothing at the place they are represented.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: not destroyed destroyed fighters?!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:24:20 PM »

It's just like in Campaign battles - if there are no more flight decks available when a fighter wing is wiped out, the wing will no longer be able to deploy more fighters.  As in campaign, the wing is not wiped out, as you still have it in your fleet menu.  Fighter wings can only be wiped out entirely, in the battle AND in the campaign map, by destroying every carrier that the enemy currently has deployed.

Since I assume you had that Gemni deployed when all the Wasp wing fighters were destroyed, the Wasp Wing was still "present" on the Campaign map - so you technically didn't lose the wing.  It was only not able to deploy more fighters.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:27:01 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.