Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: RAGE AGAINST THE PATROL!!!  (Read 24378 times)

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: RAGE AGAINST THE PATROL!!!
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2015, 04:43:35 AM »

I am way too late to this thread, but most toll fleets never catch me. If you stay 100-150px away from them (so as to not trigger the "Continue" initial message, before the actual contact), and run for about 15s, they let go.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2015, 08:38:21 PM »

my armada of almost a dozen fighter wings, half a dozen high grade attack frigates, some high end phase destroyers and cruisers, and a small fleet of archer class missile spam destroyers along with a few recently captured battle barges, lashers and enforcers, that happened to be absolutely loaded down with massive piles of looted weapons that i was on my way to stockpile at the starbase accidentally ran over a small orange circle that happened to be a hegemony patrol consisting of a pair of lashers to charge me a toll nearly in the 6 digits because i had the audacity to haul loot from defeated enemies after an extended, system wide crusade against the pirates. that marked the first time i refused to pay a toll to the hegemony who have long been at 100/100 cooperative with me.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2015, 09:13:15 PM »

I am way too late to this thread, but most toll fleets never catch me. If you stay 100-150px away from them (so as to not trigger the "Continue" initial message, before the actual contact), and run for about 15s, they let go.

I was just about to post and mention this, but I thought I should scroll through the thread first. But yeah, as long as you're not close enough for them to throw you a hail from a distance, you'll avoid the (minor) rep hit. They give up and go about their way. Amusingly, you can then wheel the fleet around and fly back in, they won't bother you after that.

EI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2015, 05:18:24 AM »

CURSE YOU, WYATT WILKINS AND YOUR SEXY FACE!!! )O)

CURSE YOU! o-o
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:30:38 AM by EI »
You know what happens when I raise the "alarm"~ <3

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2015, 06:26:16 AM »

Patrols are great; +1 reputation for nothing more than money!

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2015, 06:36:02 AM »

Mr. Wilkins knew you were up to something, so I sent him out to make you pay for your insolence. *budumdush*

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2015, 04:03:13 AM »

Patrols are great; +1 reputation for nothing more than money!

If it gave you the +1 consistently, then yes.
But they rarely seem to give that.

What I really love is when you're chasing down a fleet and these guys just decide to dart out and intercept you with zero chance to evade because you were practically on top of them, which means you either have to stomp on them to try and catch your original target (with now reduced CR) meaning you'll be undoing all the work you've put in to your rep so far. Or paying the toll and watching your target jump away as the irritating scan bar creeps its way over.
They do this all the time, and it is quite annoying.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2015, 06:21:21 AM »

Patrols are great when you are desperately trying to build reputation from inhospitable to suspicious, due to a recent black market bust that costed you -130 reputation.

However, patrols are awful when your reputation is high enough, and devastating if they ping you the moment before you dock with your loaded freighter fleet.  My solution to insolent patrols:  Reload game and try again.

TheHengeProphet

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2015, 05:08:17 AM »

The audacity of the patrols, and their inconveniant timing has almost made me want to assemble a large fleet and attempt starving culprit worlds to death by denying all trade.

The only reason I haven't is because it would be futile to attempt...  It would just jack their prices and reduce stability, but that's about it, when the real goal is to say "Hey, Hegemony, how do you feel about losing a planet because you threatened extortion?"

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »

I recently had a hegemony fleet attack me when i refused to pay. I lost a pirate buffalo. I was so ***. They're going to have a bad time feeding themselves for a while i think.

I didn't know they would attack you if you refused to pay. Aggravating.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2015, 05:11:08 PM »

The audacity of the patrols, and their inconveniant timing has almost made me want to assemble a large fleet and attempt starving culprit worlds to death by denying all trade.

The only reason I haven't is because it would be futile to attempt...  It would just jack their prices and reduce stability, but that's about it, when the real goal is to say "Hey, Hegemony, how do you feel about losing a planet because you threatened extortion?"

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2015, 11:36:34 AM »

They ping you, while right next to you near a jump gate or the like. during the "scan" a friggin enemy armada flies right twards you and engages YOU!

Or you give chase to an enemy fleet that just recked a "friendly" fleet, and the recked fleets stops your pursuit to toll you.....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]