Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: RAGE AGAINST THE PATROL!!!  (Read 24375 times)

lemmington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: RAGE AGAINST THE PATROL!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 04:14:19 AM »

i think i found a bug, also i am pretty new to the forums so i don't kow where the bug section is, sorry :/.

Whenever i get a patrol fleet to chek my fleet, and i say allow the scan. I instantly get a 3rep hit, for allowing the scan... I got this problem around 10 hours in the game and having around 3 million and some credits (bounties are just giving way to much credits :P).

I never actualy had any troubles with the patrols but man i find nowhere a conquest battlecruiser :(.

EDIT: found the bug section you can ignore this reply.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:38:37 AM by lemmington »

SpaceBall

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 06:33:45 AM »

Seriously, do you guys even trade?

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 06:43:47 AM »

Ouch! 45k! What cargo were you hauling?

Lcu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 07:08:53 AM »

Hopefully i will never miss a bounty because of some annoying tolls :p

Anyway, i've once managed to evade a toll by quickly jumping to hyperspace after a nearby patrol emitting the signal. I got through before the dialogue about the toll comes up and evaded with no rep penalty.
Spoiler
Ctrl+F, type 6
[close]

SpaceBall

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »

Ouch! 45k! What cargo were you hauling?

I was just being a decent human being by carrying food to feed the hungry children of Asharu (them poor hungry bastards, always starving) and like 3k of fuel for a rainy day since they were cheep.

Sarolveldruk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 08:53:24 PM »

Pretty good standing with the Hegemony, been swatting pirates and just trying to be a good Hegemony captain. Plenty of money, good fleet, and lots of supplies backed up at Jangala station's warehouse.

I was dumbfounded that a pitiful little patrol had the audacity to exact a toll from my fleet of Eagles, Falcons, and Hammerheads. Out of pride I swiftly obliterated the patrol, thinking the reputation hit would be minor. Next thing I know, I'm cut off from my stockpiles (yeah, yeah, shoulda put in abandoned terraforming station) and forced to forget the notion of trading in Hegemony space ever again. Life hasn't been so tough, just inconvenient. The hardest part is avoiding Hedge encounters in the hopes that my reputation with them might improve at some point. Just not sure how that will happen, being at -56/100.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 11:26:48 PM »

Pretty good standing with the Hegemony, been swatting pirates and just trying to be a good Hegemony captain. Plenty of money, good fleet, and lots of supplies backed up at Jangala station's warehouse.

I was dumbfounded that a pitiful little patrol had the audacity to exact a toll from my fleet of Eagles, Falcons, and Hammerheads. Out of pride I swiftly obliterated the patrol, thinking the reputation hit would be minor. Next thing I know, I'm cut off from my stockpiles (yeah, yeah, shoulda put in abandoned terraforming station) and forced to forget the notion of trading in Hegemony space ever again. Life hasn't been so tough, just inconvenient. The hardest part is avoiding Hedge encounters in the hopes that my reputation with them might improve at some point. Just not sure how that will happen, being at -56/100.
Do bounties for them and eventually you will get out of the hostile relationship. Oh and keep your rep above -75 what ever you do! Once it hits -75, you're screwed unless you use the console mod
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »

Do bounties for them and eventually you will get out of the hostile relationship.

And if the bounty fleets in question are larger ones that also include enemy cruisers, that should help. More risk, more reward?
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 03:44:37 PM »

Aaaaand I got tolled 3 times in a 10 seconds interval... All by the same faction: one entering the system near Sindria. Second just as I was leaving the market, and a third while I was jumping to Hyper a few seconds later... So I took a 5 points reputation hit while having paid 16k in tolls during the last day! Thanks. Good job ruining my new character from the start.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 06:11:23 PM »

Aaaaand I got tolled 3 times in a 10 seconds interval... All by the same faction: one entering the system near Sindria. Second just as I was leaving the market, and a third while I was jumping to Hyper a few seconds later... So I took a 5 points reputation hit while having paid 16k in tolls during the last day! Thanks. Good job ruining my new character from the start.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug. Especially given what Alex has said about how tolling works.

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 05:30:01 AM »

so far in all my games i have not payed off a single payroll

this may or may not be the reason that pirates and TriTach are the only factions that will trade with me

the pirates being the source of my 6million credit trade fortune made via fuel/supply/drug smugling
and the TriTach loving me because of my nasty habit of wiping out any hegemony or independent fleet i come across  ;D
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 10:35:24 AM »

so far in all my games i have not payed off a single payroll

this may or may not be the reason that pirates and TriTach are the only factions that will trade with me

the pirates being the source of my 6million credit trade fortune made via fuel/supply/drug smugling
and the TriTach loving me because of my nasty habit of wiping out any hegemony or independent fleet i come across  ;D
TriTach is the only non-pirate faction open to any trade goods. The perks of being TriTach allied is high-tech ships and arms.

TriTach is not hostile to independent fleets, so no rep change on that.

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 12:11:05 PM »

They also seem to be the only faction that does not actively spam the trolling toll patrol :P
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 12:16:21 PM »

Which is odd, I'd expect tri-tach to toll just as much if not more than the hegemony, at least until you're viewed positively.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2015, 04:14:56 AM »

Okay, this is just plain ridiculous.

Spoiler
First off, this is what my fleet looks like:
Spoiler
[close]

So, I'd come to the Thracia system in pursuit of a Templar fleet. Went through the alpha jump point, saw the target had used a gas giant well instead. Decided to stop by Babylon to buy some fuel and supplies while I was there.

On the way out an independent picket with a Hound, a Lasher and two fighter wings caught up to me (it'd actually started pinging before I docked at the station). The toll came to about 30,000 credits - penny change considering at this point in the game I have 9 million credits. But I was annoyed at the independents after their smuggling investigation busted me for buying a measly 100 fuel off the black market at Glasnir (dude, I needed it to get around) and docked me with -130 reputation points. So I told the patrol to *** off.

They responded to this defiance of their authority in a reasoned and sensible manner, which is to say they attacked me. Seriously.

I was feeling merciful, so I got in my Desdinova and tried to shoot them just enough to make them run away. But despite bringing the Hound's hull to <5% and the Lasher to 50%, they still persisted in their folly. I tried deploying the Eagle and Centurion as well to scare them off - still no dice.

At this point I accidentally turned off hold fire and killed the Hound with a double HVD shot. Oops. Shortly after, the Lasher got blown up by Pilums, and then the patrol finally decided to retreat. I ended the battle, saw the Lasher had passed its repair check, let it go as well.

For all my troubles, I'm now an enemy of every independent planet in the Sector. Meh. See if I help you guys when you have your next food shortage!
[close]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4