Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: So, what do people think of the difficulty?  (Read 13993 times)

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: So, what do people think of the difficulty?
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »

Don't search for the exact same ship to replace it, make do with something else of a similar ship class, the game forces you to adapt and change your fleet configuration and tactics that you employ to win.

well, that was easy, i couldnt find any ships i wanted to form a solid fleet composition in the time it took to make a few million so i ended up just buying a paragon and now im "winning" whatever that means.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2014, 04:32:09 PM »

Don't search for the exact same ship to replace it, make do with something else of a similar ship class, the game forces you to adapt and change your fleet configuration and tactics that you employ to win.
A better idea for non-Ironman players:  Rage-quit and reload.

As for Ironman players, they chose the pain and will have to suck it up and make do.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 06:50:28 PM »

A better idea for non-Ironman players:  Rage-quit and reload.

As for Ironman players, they chose the pain and will have to suck it up and make do.
And yet I face-palmed when I definitely goofed my recorded run. My Wolf w/ Heavy Blaster was lost, then the newly attained Lasher was also lost. I cannot afford going Iron blindly, since I don't learn my mistakes well when having to start over. It's going to take a lot of time until that botched run is uploaded to my channel for anyone to discuss with me what went terribly wrong.

...I miss the Afflictor frigates.  :-[ I found my groove as a Phase Strike.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »

well, that was easy, i couldnt find any ships i wanted to form a solid fleet composition in the time it took to make a few million so i ended up just buying a paragon and now im "winning" whatever that means.
Even then, a lone Paragon roaming the void may be able to survive pirates by beaming them to death, yet it would starve from its own sluggishness unless supported by tugs and suppliers, which both eat up logistics anyway.

Kipcha

• Ensign
  • CORE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2014, 05:42:14 AM »

Once again through all patches the AI still seems to be the one thing that makes me alt F4 and go play something with human beings on my team.

The new "be more careful" thing going on with the AI has resulted in it dancing around like a fairy against targets that are not even moving. (Even dead ones at times!) Its painful watching a wolf with no flux dance about miss 2/4 missiles because it feels the need to dance about.

Hyperions actually seem to have taken this new AI the worst. beforehand they abused the AI's fast thinking ability to get in and get dirty, dodging missiles and playing with shield directions in a stunning display, Now it just pokes from afar and panics at the slightest bit of flux like something is wrong with it.

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 07:21:22 AM »

Once again through all patches the AI still seems to be the one thing that makes me alt F4 and go play something with human beings on my team.

The new "be more careful" thing going on with the AI has resulted in it dancing around like a fairy against targets that are not even moving. (Even dead ones at times!) Its painful watching a wolf with no flux dance about miss 2/4 missiles because it feels the need to dance about.

Hyperions actually seem to have taken this new AI the worst. beforehand they abused the AI's fast thinking ability to get in and get dirty, dodging missiles and playing with shield directions in a stunning display, Now it just pokes from afar and panics at the slightest bit of flux like something is wrong with it.
Let's face it, even the AI crew realizes that the Hyperion is a frail and expensive teleporting frigate. You don't get a lot of money only to let it pop from a lucky hit. It's better to be in the hands of professional captains who were fighter pilots.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]