Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: I'm sorry, but this is getting ridiculous.  (Read 19099 times)

Coolrah

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: I'm sorry, but this is getting ridiculous.
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2014, 11:51:36 AM »

I love how right before every release one of these threads pop up lol. I've had this game for a long time now and I usually lurk in the forums but like many have before me mentioned, (Starfarer) Starsector is a special game in that we've been free from any major bugs or unpolished releases. The only thing that may have been upsetting for some people was the introduction to CR but I personally think it was perfect as it made the game way less carebear and more in my opinion skill based forcing you to actually have to maintain your ships and not just deathballing everything.

All in all I'm happy with the time frame of development its not like Alex has a team of devs helping him program. Its him and David and I think 1 or 2 more people but they have lives too and just like with anything you have to maintain a balance between work and pleasure or your gonna burn out and nobody wants that. I think some people (as humans often do) are forgetting just the toll it takes on someone to develop such a complex game like Starsector mostly on a small team. Plus the fact that this particular update has so many different components and if we follow history Alex is a near perfectionist he's not gonna fudge this release if he can help it. Most of us have been here a long time and only payed 10$ for a game thats given us almost 3+ years of fun so I feel like appreciation is in order. All this extra emotion because someone is actually taking the time to deliver a great game is kind of misguided. Lets all just calm down the next update is max 2 weeks away so we'll all be happy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:53:35 AM by Coolrah »
Its always a good day to die

Pelly

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2014, 06:00:24 PM »

I haven't spoken on here in months...and months ;P 

But I still keep checking up on the game progress and interesting mods. I have gotten used to the long cycle of development on this game and I like it, after following other games that release lots of updates but are bug ridden, broken or were not worth the effort of downloading. Unlike Starfarer Starsector which has massive updates filled with working new content   \o/

Be thankful for a perfectionist.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2014, 01:45:23 PM »

Well, we finally got an update today. At last. :P

Hopefully it was worth the wait (I'm at work so I can't check it till later today).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:46:55 PM by Dri »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]