Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Better to sell hulls fully equipped?  (Read 1558 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Better to sell hulls fully equipped?
« on: October 20, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »

It seems you make a huge loss by stripping a hull & selling the weapons & hull separately (regardless of regular/black markets).
Conversely, if you're selling both weapons & a hull, you get a whole lot more money if you mount the weapons on the hull before selling it.

This seems counter-intuitive, inconsistent, and frankly pretty tedious when min-maxing your revenue.

I'd like to see weapons auto-stripped from hulls, and automatically sold into the general market.
This would ensure that you get the same price however you do it, and would prevent weapons leaking out of the market through hull sales.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Better to sell hulls fully equipped?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 05:13:25 PM »

It should be the same price, if it's not, that's a bug, precisely for the reasons you've stated - there's no reason to require this sort of micromanaging to increase profit. I'll take a look.

kirth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Better to sell hulls fully equipped?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 05:25:16 PM »

It should be the same price, if it's not, that's a bug, precisely for the reasons you've stated - there's no reason to require this sort of micromanaging to increase profit. I'll take a look.
Perhaps its not aplying the tax that we are charged when selling something to a station?