Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is it possible to change what shows up on the sector/system map?  (Read 1180 times)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I ask because I had an idea come together from a couple mods and other ideas mentioned. What if we changed navigation to revealing more about the universe around you? like level 0 navigation the map just shows stars, level one the stars have names, level two the jump points are shown, level three the jump point names are shown (though that might get crowded quickly) level four number of stations in a system is shown, level five factions are shown, etc.

I'm not sure how this would work with the fact that it tells you your destination when you click on an object, maybe just change that to a general description? "Setting intercept course for star"?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to change what shows up on the sector/system map?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 05:07:15 PM »

Well, Uomoz manged to hide all the fleets on the Hyperspace map, and made a "radar" functionality when you had the system map open.  I'd suppose you can hide things, although I'm not sure if you can make things appear after the player does something to it, e.g. click the star or something.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.