Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Do you prefer fighting or helping the Crystanite?

Helping; the trinkets haven't done anything wrong!
- 15 (37.5%)
Depends; what pays more at the moment?
- 19 (47.5%)
Fighting; those xeno should be crushed like the glass they are!
- 6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: The Crystanite (Version 1.10b Hotfix) [0.8.1a compatible]  (Read 146160 times)

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.5) [0.7.1a compatible!]
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2015, 06:41:52 AM »

Yeah it's Mod.zip->Crystanite.zip->Crystanite folder for some reason.

This is a workaround; dropbox seemingly corrupt any folders i upload, so i have to send a .zip inside a folder, meaning the folder gets corrupted, but the .zip inside is fine. This is mostly an error on Linux, though.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2015, 12:16:03 PM »

The main post says .65 version, the mod_info says .65 version, but the changelog says 0.7.1a compatible.

Seems to work just fine though!

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »

The main post says .65 version, the mod_info says .65 version, but the changelog says 0.7.1a compatible.

Seems to work just fine though!

Oops. My bad. Hotfixing that.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2016, 04:29:49 AM »

Happy new year everyone!

Since i have gotten a lot of questions about the 0.65.2a version, i decided to upload it here. PLEASE NOTE that there may be bugs, as this is an old version. I will continue to provide bugfixes for the 0.65.2a version, but only if someone tells me about them (i won't actively search for bugs in the old version).

Download the Crystanite for Starsector 0.65.2a

There's also a link on the main page.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2016, 04:40:46 AM »

O.O wow.. fixing even the older version :D I call that love. Thanks once more for sharing it :) Now all I need is to start a new game soon and try to capture Crystanite ships :3 I really hope they are capturable >>
Ignorance is bliss..

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2016, 12:52:50 PM »

O.O wow.. fixing even the older version :D I call that love. Thanks once more for sharing it :) Now all I need is to start a new game soon and try to capture Crystanite ships :3 I really hope they are capturable >>

Don't worry, they are fully capturable; they dont tend to stray alone, however, so you might have a hard time fighting them early on.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2016, 03:37:59 PM »

THe ship I have my eyes on for now is the Lumen clash.I wonder hw it will feel to move towards the enemies and be like "Be blinded by your own ignorance!" XD But not being able to get smaller ships in the beginning is how a handful factions are. Still I will e happy to pilot the bigger ones X3
Ignorance is bliss..

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2016, 02:30:38 AM »

Any ship with active armor is rendered almost useless when in the hands of AI.  :-[

AI will NEVER turn off the system, even if there are no enemies left. But they'll turn it on as soon as they enter the range of any enemy weapons. Including pilums. So they'll hit 10k range, engage active armor, fill up on flux before they even reach weapon range, then flee to vent, repeat forever.

Edit:Something seems to be really wrong here, fuel cost for crystanite ships is through the roof. The Traveler frigate has a fuel cost of 55 per light year!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 07:59:44 AM by Blaze »

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2016, 11:32:59 AM »

Any ship with active armor is rendered almost useless when in the hands of AI.  :-[

AI will NEVER turn off the system, even if there are no enemies left. But they'll turn it on as soon as they enter the range of any enemy weapons. Including pilums. So they'll hit 10k range, engage active armor, fill up on flux before they even reach weapon range, then flee to vent, repeat forever.

Edit:Something seems to be really wrong here, fuel cost for crystanite ships is through the roof. The Traveler frigate has a fuel cost of 55 per light year!

Yeah, i know that active armor is a big issue in AI hands. I have yet to find out how to fix this. I am considering temporarily removing the system for now, until i get it fixed.

I'll check on the fuel costs, too.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2016, 12:02:06 PM »

Found the fuel issue; the fields were switched over by one. *Facepalm*

A hotfix fixing this will be released later today.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.51) [0.7.1a compatible!]
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2016, 12:17:22 PM »

Hotfix; the fuel costs of ships have been reverted to the old, saner levels (they were accidentally increased by about 5000% in version 1.5)

Download on the main page. Should not break saves, but making a backup is always a good idea. Always.

NOTE: This does not affect the 0.65a version, as the bug did not exist at that point.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.51) [0.7.1a compatible!]
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2016, 06:14:32 PM »

Fuel fix works just fine. :)

I think I see that frigates are meant to be entirely for support and destroyers are meant to be the main force of this faction, so if I could offer a suggestion. An fast emp-focused frigate/wing would be nice, as the heavier ships have problems keeping up with some of the faster factions. Or a frigate-based single flight-deck carrier, as the cheapest carrier is the hive, which is pretty costly at cruiser class.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.6) [0.7.2a compatible!!]
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2016, 06:50:37 AM »

It's about time...

After WAY too long of an absence, i am finally back in action. This new version introduces a new mechanic that i thought of while working on a side project (which i may upload in the near future); time stopping! The Janus-class frigate now stops time whenever it phases, giving it an insane amount of positioning power in battle. It also recieved a new primary weapon which fires several bolts of lightning if in range of an enemy vessel (similar to the Thor).

And some good news for anyone using a Crystanite fleet; the AI for most shipsystems have been reworked and refined to work more properly. For the first time ever, crystanite ships will actually fire their Shard Swarms properly while under AI control. Other changes are some minor nerfs to beam ranges, and minor bugfixing.

Full changelog below:

Code
Version 1.6: Timely Crystal
Additions:
*Added 0.7.2a compatibility.
Balancing:
*Discomfort Beam range down from 750 to 600
*Discomfort Array range down from 900 to 750
*Light Discomfort Beam range down from 750 to 350 (used by the Halo's minidrones)
*Light Discomfort Beam damage down by about 20%
*The Light Discomfort Beam is no longer a PD weapon; the Halo now has the same lack of PD that most other CSB ships have
Changes:
*AI for the Shard Swarm system rewritten from scratch; it is now properly used by the ai (still WIP though)
*Reworked AI for most other ship systems (active armor in particular)
*Reworked the Janus frigate; it now practically stops time when phasing. It also has a fancy new weapon.
*Changed the sounds for some weapons (most notably the Discomfort Beam).
Bugfixing:
*Fixed clipping sounds from some crystanite weapons (most notably the Discomfort Beam).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:02:46 AM by Nicke535 »

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2016, 07:59:17 AM »

Nice that you're still updating this mod. any plans to integrate with Dynasector?

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2016, 08:44:13 AM »

Nice that you're still updating this mod. any plans to integrate with Dynasector?

I don't know; to be completely honest, i have been gone so long that i almost completely missed it until you mentioned it
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13