Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Do you prefer fighting or helping the Crystanite?

Helping; the trinkets haven't done anything wrong!
- 15 (37.5%)
Depends; what pays more at the moment?
- 19 (47.5%)
Fighting; those xeno should be crushed like the glass they are!
- 6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: The Crystanite (Version 1.10b Hotfix) [0.8.1a compatible]  (Read 146193 times)

LordDavenport

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.6) [0.7.2a compatible!!]
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »

So... what is the Corundum's load out supposed to be? Like... I have taken to covering it in point defenses, with double SHMGs in the front just to keep the flux per second low enough to not die by overload.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2016, 11:40:17 PM »

So... what is the Corundum's load out supposed to be? Like... I have taken to covering it in point defenses, with double SHMGs in the front just to keep the flux per second low enough to not die by overload.

Corundum? Are you sure you posted this in the right thread?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2016, 07:07:30 AM »

Corundum is from the AI War mod ("the other mod with crystal people").

Spoiler
Without more details, best I can suggest is: put the flux hogs on a separate weapon group so you can turn them off when you need to, and consider turning off your shield if you don't really need it. Corundum has a disproportionate amount of small and medium mounts, so yeah, use PD and/or low-flux weapons (e.g. the vanilla beams, HVD/Railcannon, and missiles) for those. Might even want to leave some mounts empty outright and use the OP for more caps/vents.
[close]

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2016, 09:04:25 PM »

As AI ships are my fav ones I have to say like Histidine mentioned, you really need to keep at least some guns deactivated. What kills the flux usually are fighters, cause they make all my weapons go off. I keep active at all times the point defenses (which I decided to just use long range PD lasers cause the AI PDs seemed to miss a lot the faster fighters and missiles and were wasting flux) and the shield penetrating weapons I have. When it is smaller ships I do not bother to turn on explosive weapons at all, even if their shield fall down. I just blast them away with my frontal awesome lasers. If the enemy ship is large, I turn on the explosive weapons , to help myself take him down faster. Of course as soon as his shields are up, I turn off the explosive weapons again.

I do not know if you realize it, but that Capital is overpowered by a lot. It can plung in the middle of battles without shield on and it will still destroy everything, with only minus being that it needs to vent after every enemy or a couple of times on bigger ones. If it had any more flux, which would make venting less of an issues, it would be even more OP.

It is like giving Thor a higher armor and more flux. >.> OP things should not get more OP...
Ignorance is bliss..

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2016, 02:50:55 AM »

It is like giving Thor a higher armor and more flux. >.> OP things should not get more OP...

I take it you consider the Thor OP? Can you give me more specifics on what is broken (been too long since i played around in starsector)?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2016, 11:05:07 AM »

I take it you consider the Thor OP? Can you give me more specifics on what is broken (been too long since i played around in starsector)?

No, but if it had a stronger armor to withstand being hammered and more flux, it would be OP. But as it is for it's firepower, it is quite powerful. I remember when I flew around with it, I compared it to my fav vanilla glass cannon, Sunder. I have not played with or against your ships for quite a while. I usual play as a "good" guy, except rarely that i take over everything. Last time I played against a Crystanite ship was quite a while. When I play along with them to help them, I focus on destroying enemies before they reach my allies, to keep their losses as low as possible.
Ignorance is bliss..

Vixor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2017, 01:17:31 AM »

Hi, any plans for updating this mod to the new version of Starsector? Love the ships in the mod, and more cool factions in the game is always nice too, haha. Pretty unique stuff.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:27:53 AM by Vixor »

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2017, 06:05:17 AM »

Hi, any plans for updating this mod to the new version of Starsector? Love the ships in the mod, and more cool factions in the game is always nice too, haha. Pretty unique stuff.
Glad to hear you like the mod! Unfortunately, due to several faults in my programs i do not have access to the compile-able version of my mod, nor the version i was planning to release for 0.8.1a. I am also not actively playing Starsector at the moment, so this mod will unfortunately not be updated by me within the forseeable future.

That said, anyone with the know-how and desire to bring the mod up-to-date is free to do so as long as they send me a PM (i still check those regularly).

Vixor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2017, 11:21:00 AM »

Glad to hear you like the mod! Unfortunately, due to several faults in my programs i do not have access to the compile-able version of my mod, nor the version i was planning to release for 0.8.1a. I am also not actively playing Starsector at the moment, so this mod will unfortunately not be updated by me within the forseeable future.

That said, anyone with the know-how and desire to bring the mod up-to-date is free to do so as long as they send me a PM (i still check those regularly).

Very late response, I know, don't really have an excuse for that, but I see. Sorry to hear about the technical issues you're having. I believe there are already some mods on the forums that are being kept up-to-date by people other than the original author due to various reasons (Neutrino and Diable Avionics immediately come to mind), so I'm sure someone would be willing to do so. Whether or not they'll happen to read this thread around this time, I don't know. Maybe seek them out or create a thread asking for help with maintaining things? Worth looking into.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 11:23:41 AM by Vixor »

Jojo_195

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »

It's a damn shame how all the mods with non-human factions are outdated. :(

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »

Well, i thought i should at least fix the images now that photobucket has decided to remove them. So i did. All pictures should now be up again.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2017, 10:55:04 AM »

While working on a completely non-starsector related project, i managed to find not only the missing Crystanite version, but also the necessary compiling tools!

This means that i should have a working version within a week, with a bunch of new features and 0.8.1 support. I also started playing Starsector a bit again, so im kind of getting back in the loop. I just hope i can get everything done before university starts.

I also found some other old mods lying around, so i might release those afterward (though the Crystanite are my main priority).

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystanite (Version 1.6) [0.7.2a compatible, soon 0.8.1!]
« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2017, 11:17:04 AM »

U uu uuu uuu.

Can't wait for the Crysanite for the current version!1

At one time, I was mad about playing only with them. You had some innovative gameplay mechanics that I didn't saw before :)

PS: what other mods did you had waiting? just throw a few words out there!

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2017, 12:55:17 PM »

U uu uuu uuu.

Can't wait for the Crysanite for the current version!1

At one time, I was mad about playing only with them. You had some innovative gameplay mechanics that I didn't saw before :)

PS: what other mods did you had waiting? just throw a few words out there!
Always glad to hear people enjoy the mod!

As for the other mods; a nameless dragon faction (which was purely based on some ships found in the Spiral Arms thread and will probably never be finished), and ancient version of the Vortex (a strange faction drawn by myself who never really became anything identifiable) and the Vass, which is almost completely finished, judging from the code. They are based around the concept of Time-Manipulation (slow down, speed up, stop etc). I'm hoping to get those out after the Crystanite patch (there is already a dead thread about them on the Modding subforum).

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2017, 01:00:08 PM »

Sounds cool!

Thanks for the extra-info :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13