Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Endgame Fleets  (Read 1259 times)

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
Endgame Fleets
« on: October 01, 2014, 01:31:38 PM »

Hello! I had an idea I was kinda throwing around in my mind and I thought it would be a cool thing to add to Starsector in a (distant) future update.
So we have the Hegemony System Defense Fleet, which is basically the thing that poses the biggest threat to players at this point. Problem is, there is only one of them for one faction. I think it would be cool to have "Endgame" fleets for all factions, as well as "character" fleets. For example, you'd be notified via the Intel tab that, say, a Pirate (With a name/ attributes. Like an Officer but he's a bad guy) ... hmm... Blackbeard, has assembled a fleet and is currently terrorizing Corvus with his fleet headed by an Onslaught or something. Or give Tri-Tachyon the equivalent of an SDF. These fleets would be enormous (Possibly dwarfing even the mighty SDF?) and extremely powerful, against which only the highest level, most skilled players, would have any hope of surviving against.
Basically, it would be cool to have named, incredibly difficult fleets that players are notified of whenever they spawn (Or arrive) that can give higher level players a challenge. I don't know how easy or hard this would be to implement in a future update, but I wonder if that was on the road map, or even a remotely good idea, at this point?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Endgame Fleets
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »

Have you tried playing the Starsector+ mod? It has much larger endgame fleets and even has a boss faction and something very similar to what you described with the pirates!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too